PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-28-2008, 07:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bigballer1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Quick question about mogul and mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlocker View Post
Are you running on an Intel Mac or PPC? Have you tried setting disabling the "Advanced Networking" in the Mogul's USB connection? Go into "Connections"-->"USB to PC"--> and uncheck that box. Then try connecting your Mogul to the Mac.

You might also try connecting via WiFi, which should be pretty self-explanatory, provided you know how to get your current IP address.
I just tried that and still when I plug my mogul in the usb port still nothing happens. Any more suggests? I am really at the end of wits here!!!
Old 03-30-2008, 11:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

meatlocker is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigballer1 View Post
I just tried that and still when I plug my mogul in the usb port still nothing happens. Any more suggests? I am really at the end of wits here!!!
Honestly, at that point I would say that you have an issue with the cable. Have you verified that the cable works when you connect your mogul to a Windows machine?
Old 03-30-2008, 02:14 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: pcc 6800 mogul
Carrier: sprint

Jokeurmnd is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Jokeurmnd

When somebody gets answer can you please let us know. I read this thread and same problem, nothing happends when I plug in. Plus when I try to move a file to SyncMate it tell me that syncmate can't be modified. PLEASE HELP
Old 03-31-2008, 05:02 AM
Lurker

bigballer1 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by meatlocker View Post
Honestly, at that point I would say that you have an issue with the cable. Have you verified that the cable works when you connect your mogul to a Windows machine?
Yep, I've tried the same cable under Windows and activesync works fine. I've tried other cables also, and still nothing under OS X. I've a couple of Macs too. On the SyncMate blogs, there seems to be a number of people with the same problem. It's crazy. I hate to be critical of Eltima, but they are not really addressing the bugs even when many have talked about it.
Old 03-31-2008, 09:34 AM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

one word... POCKETMAC...

it enables you to sync your windows mobile phone to your mac flawlessly.

tip the scales please... tip the scales...

WOOOOO!
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 03-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Lurker

gally is a n00b

I use missing sync and i will say it works great!, I tried syncmate but it would keep making multiples in my calenders, got real annoying and over all I just didnt really like it much.
Spending 40 bucks kinds sucks, but it was well worth it, effortless syncing over Bluetooth or Usb is nice.
Old 03-31-2008, 11:01 AM
Let me count thy wounds

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Quote:
Originally Posted by gally View Post
I use missing sync and i will say it works great!, I tried syncmate but it would keep making multiples in my calenders, got real annoying and over all I just didnt really like it much.
Spending 40 bucks kinds sucks, but it was well worth it, effortless syncing over Bluetooth or Usb is nice.
you have a mac?
Old 03-31-2008, 01:43 PM
Lurker

gally is a n00b

Yes a Macbook just bought it a few weeks ago. Would something lead you to believe other wise?
Old 04-02-2008, 01:35 AM
Lurker

bigballer1 is a n00b
SyncMate and Mogul finally working

Ok, the good new is that I got it to work. The bad news is that you can only sync over wifi. This might be more convenient given everything works with your wifi and router. Here's what I did:

1. Install SyncMate, reboot and go to the SyncMate app in your Applications folder.
2. Right click on SyncMate, and show package contents
3. Goto folder Contents-->Resources
4. Copy the file called Smartphone2005.arm.CAB to your phone via Bluetooth or your microSD card.
5. install the file on your Mogul
6. Run the SyncMate Driver on Mogul (should be in your start menu)
7. Select "Allow all" in the driver menu
8. Enable Wifi on Mogul
9. Start SyncMate on your Mac
10. Add new wifi device and put in the IP for the Mogul. If you don't want to enter new IP every time, you should give your Mogul a static IP. There are many ways to do this. I'm using a LinkSys router with DD-WRT and I can bind a specific IP to the MAC address of the Mogul.
11. Voila, you can now connect via wifi.
12. Somehow still doesn't work via usb. I guess you get what you pay for (in this case nothing!).
Old 04-15-2008, 02:53 PM
Let me count thy wounds

Quote:
Originally Posted by gally View Post
Yes a Macbook just bought it a few weeks ago. Would something lead you to believe other wise?
just checking... i'll PM you with enlightening info soon.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan