PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2007, 05:43 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul
Carrier: sprint

pflatlyne is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Codes for Sprint Mogul PPC-6800

I found this looking through my registry so I have posted the results here in case it is of use to anyone. I havent tried adding anything of my own to this yet,but it suggest the possibility of adding your own programs on key sequences to the dialer.

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Services\PhoneExt\KeyProgram]
"Key10"="#38278"
"Prog10"="Fuart.exe Fuart"
"Key9"="#3424"
"Prog9"="DMRouter.exe /OPEN_MODEM_PORT"
"Key8"="#33284"
"Prog8"="FieldTrial.exe"
"Key7"="#3386"
"Prog7"="DDTM.exe"
"Key6"="#775"
"Prog6"="EPST.exe ##775"
"Key5"="#3282"
"Prog5"="EPST.exe ##3282"
"Key4"="#7738"
"Prog4"="EPST.exe ##7738"
"Key3"="#2539"
"Prog3"="EPST.exe ##2539"
"Key2"="#8626337"
"Prog2"="EPST.exe ##8626337"
"Key1"="#786"
"Prog1"="EPST.exe ##786"
"Postfix"="#"
"Key0"="#778"
"Prog0"="EPST.exe ##778"
"Prefix"="#"

##38278# Enable or Disable Fast UART mode (whatever that is). Resets device after choosing. This seems to be connected with ##3424#

##3424# Runs something called DMT v1.5. It has status indicators for Tx and Rx.If you have fast UART mode enabled,it tells you to disable fast uart mode after you are finished logging.

##33284# Opens a diagnostic menu that shows information about the phones hardware.This seems to be read only.

##3386# Enable or disable DDTM. On my Samsung A-920 this determines whether a call rings through when your on the internet or goes strait to voice mail. I assume it does the same thing here.

##775# Brings up a menu with a single setting called "Update PRL" Its a field that wants text or a number when edited. Its blank on my phone.

##3282# Two menus that show you your user name information for the internet and an advanced menu that shows many other settings. The P-rev setting is also available on this screen imlying that this may have something to do with the internet connectivity. I first learned of this menu when I called sprint tech support to fix a 67 error connecting to power vision. She had me try to reset the internet information here using the reset option on the menu but it didnt work.

##7738# Allows you to set the protocol revision. Mine is set to IS-2000(6) by default. Other options are J-STD-008(1) IS95A+TSB74(3)

##2539# Allows you to enter or set an authentication key (A-Key). Mine does not have one by default.

##8626337# Edit vocoder settings.Home Orig: Default is EVRC Other options are "IS96A Voice 13K - IS733" "SMV" "Voice 13k"

##786# Resets entire phone to factory settings.After we tried to reset the internet settings she had me use this option to reset the entire phone. This wipes out everything including stored phone numbers,call history and completely resets the windows mobile installation to factory defaults removing anything you have done. It differs from holding the reset and pressing the softkeys in that it resets the phone as well. This fixed my problem (that time and several times since) Before you can use your phone again you will need to reset the MSID and MDMI

##MSL# MSL here is your master service lock code. This code is needed to enter any of these service menus. If you dont have it,call sprint and ask for it. If they wont give it to you,call them and tell them you cant connect to the internet and get a 67 error connecting to power vision. They will walk you through lots of service menus. Write everything down. One of the things they will give you is your MSL code. If your really lucky they will have give you new service menu codes that we dont already know about. If your MSL is 123456 then you enter ##123456# . In this menu you have the option to set the MSID and MDMI. After reset they have default vaules. You should set them to your phone number and area code. For instance,if your phone number is 330-555-5555 then set them both to 3305555555 . You wont be able to use the phone untill this is done if you have done a reset.

##778# Works like running EPST with no parameters.
Old 12-22-2007, 06:15 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

officerperkins is a n00b
This is very valuable information. I think it deserves a sticky.
Old 12-22-2007, 01:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: ..
Carrier: ..

shadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regularshadowmite is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
There are 2 more valid ## codes that are in epst and not listed (the "SECRET" ## codes):

##675
##68575

If you call epst with these (follow the command line from his example) you will get the MSL or OTKSL programming pages with no need for the MSL code! Oh silly programmers...
Old 12-22-2007, 04:06 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
I second that... Sticky!!

I added all of these to my contact list... lmao
Old 12-23-2007, 04:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Diamond
Carrier: TELUS

verkion is becoming a great contributor
Got another one off my TELUS p4000:

Key 2: 4357 (That's right no # in front of it so presumably just hit #4357 to use instead of the ## normally required)
Prog 2: EPST.exe #4357

verkion
Old 12-23-2007, 09:57 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch

hAvAAck is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to hAvAAck
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflatlyne View Post
In this menu you have the option to set the MSID and MDMI. After reset they have default vaules. You should set them to your phone number and area code. For instance,if your phone number is 330-555-5555 then set them both to 3305555555 . You wont be able to use the phone untill this is done if you have done a reset.
Are you sure about this? I was under the impression that the msid may or may not be the same as the phone number. Mine, for instance, is different. I would go changing it because I'm unsure of the consequences.
Old 12-23-2007, 10:08 AM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by pflatlyne View Post
##38278# Enable or Disable Fast UART mode (whatever that is)
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO...s/serial-uart/

Old 12-23-2007, 10:15 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro PPC-6850

JoeBobOneHalf is becoming a great contributor
Here's a question for you guys. I have in my posetion the master code for editing my msid and phone number (not the one time use one' but the one that lets me edit it whenever I want). would that be useful to anyone but me. and how useful is it to me? when would i need to change it.

Last edited by JoeBobOneHalf; 12-23-2007 at 10:21 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan