PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 01:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint
Threadstarter

mjp1531 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
ok thank you I'm downloading now and will play with it for a little bit and see what happens
Old 12-17-2007, 02:08 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: Diamond

ajk511 is keeping up the good workajk511 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ajk511 Send a message via MSN to ajk511
plus one rep for darkness. good to see people helping each other out.
Old 12-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkness231 View Post
If you installed the PPC 6800 Hacks from Triangle Powers. When disableing the LEDs you also disable the Vibrate
thanks bro. imma install this right now, and give the rep in a bit.
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 12-17-2007, 02:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mjp1531 is a n00b
ok I downloaded that but it didn't fix anything for me...or maybe it's just cuz I don't know what I'm doing really.....so I did a hard reset. Now it all works again and I have only reinstalled rescoexplorer, the slider sounds, and the halo theme so far. Do you have any other suggestions of things I should download, that you KNOW don't cause problems? I'd like to disable the #777 thing so I don't get charged on my Sprint bill. And I'd also like to stop that text message sent notification and have the phone speed cranked up a bit. It tends to get kinda slow at times. I do appreciate all the help you've given me
Old 12-17-2007, 03:04 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

Intermountain Trust is starting in the wrong direction
Well now i know why my vibrate quit working. Now is there a reg hack that can get it working again without starting the led's?
Old 12-17-2007, 03:06 PM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Intermountain Trust View Post
Well now i know why my vibrate quit working. Now is there a reg hack that can get it working again without starting the led's?

Yes stroths cooked up a program called LED Killer

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 12-17-2007, 03:09 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Mogul

Intermountain Trust is starting in the wrong direction
Edit to get rid of stupid question. I see now that it is a totally different hack, thanks for the quick reply Darkness.

Last edited by Intermountain Trust; 12-17-2007 at 03:16 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:28 PM
mmmm Freebirds

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp1531 View Post
ok I downloaded that but it didn't fix anything for me...or maybe it's just cuz I don't know what I'm doing really.....so I did a hard reset. Now it all works again and I have only reinstalled rescoexplorer, the slider sounds, and the halo theme so far. Do you have any other suggestions of things I should download, that you KNOW don't cause problems? I'd like to disable the #777 thing so I don't get charged on my Sprint bill. And I'd also like to stop that text message sent notification and have the phone speed cranked up a bit. It tends to get kinda slow at times. I do appreciate all the help you've given me
Before you start tinkering with reg and installing/uninstalling programs, I recomend that you download SPB Backup. It creates a copy (snapshot) of your ppc, so you can always go back to it.
You should really check out the thread titled Cab Style regedits - get em here - requests welcomed. It has quite a few of the things that you are looking for.

Last edited by Darkness231; 12-17-2007 at 03:43 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-17-2007, 06:11 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mjp1531 is a n00b
Dude...you rock! Thank you so much for helping me out If I knew how to give you rep points I would lol
Old 12-17-2007, 08:06 PM
mmmm Freebirds

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjp1531 View Post
Dude...you rock! Thank you so much for helping me out If I knew how to give you rep points I would lol
To be honest, I didn't know how to do it either. So I had to look it up. Here it is.

Reputation System
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wideawake View Post
If u notice by ur name there are stars. This is ur rep. As you work ur way up to 4 small stars, u then graduate to a bigger star and so on. If a user isn't going by the rules we now have in place, then u may give them negative rep points, but if they are good, u can donate rep points. You will also recieve rep points, by posting (not much), and you will also gain rep points by "living" on the board, for every month u will recieve a rep point. So keep ur reputation up.
~mike
So I fixed my signature to include this info. Shameless self-promotion, I know.

Anyways here is some more of the info that you were looking for from the Reg tweaks [07/15/2007 rev.2]
-Speed up

Using a registry editor such as PHM RegEdit lookup and change the following three values:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS\Cac heSize=0x1000(4096)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\FATFS\Ena bleCache=0x1(1)
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\StorageManager\Filters\f sreplxfilt\ReplStoreCacheSize=0x1000(4096)

Here are some of the must have programs
***NOTE, both Google Maps and Live Search use data, so make sure that you have unlimited power vision***
Google Maps
Real-time traffic — See where the congestion is, and estimate delays in over 30 major US metropolitan areas.

Detailed directions — Whether you plan to walk or drive, your route is displayed on the map itself, together with step-by-step directions.

Integrated search results — Local business locations and contact information appear all in one place, integrated on your map.

Easily movable maps — Interactive maps let you zoom in or out, and move in all directions so you can orient yourself visually.

Satellite imagery — Get a bird's eye view of your desired location. (It's like you're there, we swear.)

Live Search
* Find a specific business or search by category (e.g., Italian food)
* Search results that include names, numbers, addresses, then one click connects you
* Get maps and directions formatted for your phone's screen
* Pan or zoom in and out on maps to get the level of detail you need
* Easily save results for the next time

HTC Camera Album

AEButton Plus
This utility extends functionality of hardware keys on Windows Mobile devices. It allows you to:

* intercept almost any standard button: application buttons, WM5 SoftKeys, Volume slider, Action and even Red/Green phone buttons
* distinguish up to 4 different keypress events on each button grabbed (single, double, triple and "long" keypresses).
* remap each of the keypress events to "virtual" application button or assign them directly to one of the wide set of built-in actions.

Flashlight & Flashlight 20
Two apps that allow you to use your PPC as a flashlight.

Omega One 1 Calc Lite for Windows Mobile based Pocket PCs
This calculator includes all common functions, full memory functionality, 10 short cut keys to perform quick everyday calculations, tip calculator, and unit converter.

Features include:

-Basic Functions: The most common calculator functions at your fingertips: +, -, x, ?, +/-, 1/x, %, ?, ??, x?, x?, full memory functions, x^y, !, Exp, 10^x, e^x. Backspace to edit mistakes, brackets to frame your expressions correctly. Also supports Algebraic, RPN & DAL calculator modes.

-Unit Converter: A full unit converter that not only helps for the everyday conversions (e.g. km/miles, Fahrenheit/Celsius), but also for the unexpected (what’s my shoe size in Europe?!?)

-Memory Banks: 1-Calc has 5 different memory banks to store your last calculation,

-Tip Calculator: Quickly work out who should pay when you’re out with friends!

PocketCM Keyboard
Its a great keyboard app, If you are going to use it you need to install DefaultIMWM5 (included) to make this the defaul keyboard. You will need to download from the website

Picsel
Great browser, similar to OperaMini but better (IMO).
Cant link it or upload, you'll have to fine it own your own.

Oxios Memory 1.40
Oxios Hibernate attempts to release as much memory as possible without damaging the internal state of the Windows Mobile device (Pocket PC or Smartphone). Oxios CloseApps closes down other applications by sending "Close" messages.

Wifi-Chainfire's WMWifiRouter
WMWifiRouter is a tool to use your Windows Mobile 6 (possibly 5) as a WiFi router(Ad-Hoc). It'll allow you to use WiFi capable devices to connect to the internet through your phone's data connection.

HTC X-Button 1.5
HTC X-Button 2.0
HTC X-Button v1.50 is a great Task Manager, and allows you to close apps by tapping the X

HTC Home Plugin & Customizer v0.8b
This program will let you customize, backup and restore the HTC Home Plugin. Currently it lets you customize the background, clock, tab icons, and weather icons separately. Please leave your feedback as I am constantly trying to add/update the feature set. Please view the readme for details.

Total Commander
Main features:

* Copy, Move whole subdirs
* Inplace rename, create dirs
* Delete (no recycle bin)
* Zip and unzip
* Properties dialog, change attributes
* Built-in text editor
* Search function (also for text)
* Select/unselect groups of files
* Select with [Sel] button
* FTP client
* Registry editor
* LAN access

* Send/Receive via Infrared (OBEX)
* Brief, full and large icons mode
* Single or two file window mode
* Option to hide all files in ROM
* Directory hotlist as in Total Commander
* Directory history through dropdown list
* Tree view
* Configurable button bar
* Simple help function

FTouchFlo v.1.4.1, and Minimize
Finger scrolling like on the Touch or iPhone. Really makes one handed operation easy. Can also launch programs.

QuickMenu 2.7 from China, The best start-menu and task-switcher on PPC!!!
QuickMenu is a start-menu stronger than Smallmenu, it is from China, now you can try the English version:

Slide2Unlock2
iPhone like app that requires a sliding of a button from left to right to unlock the phone. Helps keep things from being
Attached Files
File Type: zip Cabs.zip (1.94 MB, 147 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by Darkness231; 12-24-2007 at 10:41 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan