PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-17-2007, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

LadySaat is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to LadySaat Send a message via Skype™ to LadySaat
Mogul Question: Internet sharing hack not working?

Okay...

1) Not my phone, it's hubby new one. His 6700 was broken, Sprint replaced it with free 6800.

2) I know nothing about 6800.

3) read ten different newer threads (I tried to read all newest ones because his phone wasn't matching desc. of others in earlier threads. Memory seemed more than others were claiming they had etc...) and applied hack in #35 post of this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...em+6800&page=7

4) every time he says he removes that key... he soft resets, it comes back and Internet Sharing obviously doesn't work still.

My question is this... Is there a different hack he should do? Nothing so far is working to allow him to connect to the internet on his laptop using the IS with either PAM or SprintPCS.

I don't know enough about the 6800 to get into it like the 6700. His WM6 is radically different it seems than mine. He also has wmodem.exe hidden in Windows which won't work when tapped.
Old 12-17-2007, 03:51 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO
Carrier: Sprint

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep
you could always purcahse PDANet.. It works perfectly.

Edit: How much ram does your husband's mogul have?
Old 12-17-2007, 05:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

LadySaat is a n00b
Well I didn't actually do the step Luv2chill outlined... I read it off to my husband, thinking he could do it... The phone actually stopped accessing any internet whatsoever in any form . I was asking him what ROM version he had and he wanted to know why, so I told him there ARE others out there. Then he wanted it updated. Long story short, I flashed his 6800 for him. I used this one: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=13981

MAN!!! Can I say gorgeous? wow. The internet worked again, super fast with an AWESOME looking setup. (now I want it!!) JD had said internet sharing was fixed... I opened up IS, chose USB, chose Sprint PCS. And wham: got the Error 67 again. Then once again Error 67 every time I tried to get to the internet any which way. IE, USB, IS, NO internet whatsoever. Hard reset it and internet is back. I am not touching Internet sharing until someone smarter than me tells me what the hell I am n00bing up to all hell.

As far as the memory question... Ummmmmm this is what I got off the phone..

QUALCOMM(r)7500, 400MHz, 64MB (thats what you wanted right?), and it's got like 132mb of storage open (why does this phone display in MB's instead of KB's like the 6700??? he didn't notice it, and we were all excited about tons of memory until I looked at it )

so any ideas on what the heck is going on with the errors? After the Error 67 pops up, then we get a pop up saying connection terminated by remote server or some junk.

He used his 6700 like mad tethering, playing xboxLive, downloading etc. Personally I'm praying there is a fix or I'm going to smash both HIM and his phone... I've already spent 3 hours on this and gee he fell asleep....
Old 12-17-2007, 05:30 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Epic 4G

gxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargxnext is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via ICQ to gxnext Send a message via AIM to gxnext Send a message via MSN to gxnext Send a message via Yahoo to gxnext Send a message via Skype™ to gxnext
lol well I don't know if im smarter than you or not, but ill tell you what works for me... im using rom 2.17, really you don't need to do anything but OPEN your pocket internet explorer (or anything to start the evdo connection) then start Internet Sharing. but I used the reg edit [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing to delete
"Extension"="rilphone.dll" so it won't show that error... but i still need to open IE on this rom ver to get it to stay connected for some reason.. but with previous rom's it would just work without having to open ie after the reg edit..... but really im not sure if this is any help to you. but in my experience the trick is just to open IE then try IS.... and im sure you already know to make sure sprint pcs is selected under "network connection" b4 you connect with IS. (yay i just realized im a senior member now... finally lol currently we have the same amount of post what are the odds, congrats to u as well)
edit: this is my experience with vista and xp with the latest active sync and drivers installed. p.s. I don't think im smarter, I think your situation is unique and the problem could be more computer oriented...

Last edited by gxnext; 12-17-2007 at 07:11 PM.
Old 12-17-2007, 05:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

LadySaat is a n00b
You must be smarter because I did all that you've done and yours is working and not only is my Internet Sharing not working, but after I try it once and get the Error 67 then NO internet works at all until I hard reset.

Another note: stock out of the box Internet sharing was causing same errors even after I did that fix luv2chill posted in #35 of that other thread. The key kept reappearing my husband said, he kept deleting it.
Old 12-17-2007, 07:38 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: x
Carrier: x

Primenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regularPrimenall is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Okay let's try this, make sure you can open IE on the phone and get on the internet (hard reset or whatever you have to do)

Make sure you have Activesync installed on the computer you are going to tether to (it installs the needed drivers)

Plug usb cord Only into the computer at this point.

1. Open IE on phone
2. Open Internet sharing
3. Hit connect in I.S.
4. Plug other end of usb into phone, and wait a minute and you should be online.

The 67 error can be caused by unplugging usb from phone without hitting "disconnect" first, always hit disconnect first, then unplug. If you forget, just hit connect again and disconnect instantly after.

You can look at what is happening by going on your computer to Start/Control panel/Network and Internet Connections/Network Connections.....
First when you plug the USB into the phone a Local Area Connection should pop up and say "aquiring address" then it should switch to Connected, if not unplug and repeat.

This is all for XP, not sure about Vista steps.

Last edited by Primenall; 12-17-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-17-2007, 12:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

LadySaat is a n00b
That didn't work either. It's totally weird. He found the wmwifi program that JD put in there though and somehow got it working. Now it's his laptop that doesn't recognize the phone at all. But I'm done with working on it. All he does is complain and whine. So he can learn how to do all this crap himself while *I* sleep all night.

Thanks you guys for answering my questions!!!!!!
Old 12-17-2007, 01:12 PM
The Trend Setter
Pocket PC: Touch Pro ....
Carrier: Me

jakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation leveljakdillard can't get a higher reputation level
Hey still having problems ...... I haven't been able to recreate the error on my phone and I'm using my new rom which had internetsharing working right off for me as far as the wifi the settings are already in place all you would have to do is let your pc find the phone after you start the wifi router program .... This works just fine for me and when I was having problems the steps everyone gave before helped me . Try running IOTA then open PIE
Old 12-17-2007, 07:00 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadySaat View Post
4) every time he says he removes that key... he soft resets, it comes back and Internet Sharing obviously doesn't work still.
Keep in mind that WM devices such as the Mogul take a bit of time to commit registry changes after they have been changed... If you make a change then immediately soft reset, those changes will be discarded. Make the change... save it... then wait at least a full minute or two before hitting the reset button. Then the changes should stick...
Old 12-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Like Krayziepop said. Make sure you wait a while for the registry to change. I did this a couple times not realizing it and got 67 errors again. I now have my phone running WMWiFiRouter and have not had a 67 in a long time. No need to open the data link first or anything just launch WMWiFiRouter connect on my laptop and I am cruising in a half minute. I can use the usb tether too i just open internet connection sharing instead no errors. Except when I called sprint to get my MSL for my newest mogul

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan