PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-16-2007, 12:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint

johnnychimpo is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
LOL, i use to have some crazy old ericson that was a replacement for some weird ass flip phone back in early 94. I dropped the ericson in the toilet at a party messed up one night and it never worked again. Go figure. Next phone i had after that was the startac. Man things have changed.
Old 12-16-2007, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Epic 4g, Optimus S

DexterDawg is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by xweaponx View Post
I still have my first Motorola bag phone, banana phone with the non-folding antenna and the venerable Nokia 5160 series phone that was customized with the clear case, light up battery, antenna, etc. I remember when the "HighTech" LCD was in orange digits and ONLY displayed the number you were dialing.

When the Motorla StarTak came out it was a HUGE deal. Everyone wanted one. Now if you find one, it's covered with dust on top of the dial-tuner t.v. in the attic. That was only 6-7 years ago.

5 years ago I had that Nokia. In another 5 years phones will look like Derek Zoolander's with global Wi-fi, Bluetooth 3.0, advanced GPS, 1Ghz dual core processors, 2GB Rom/4GB Ram, etc

Vacuum with two u's...thats too funny. I have definitely won many a bet too!

Ah yes, the bag phone. It was such an improvement over the "car phone". You never dropped calls with those babies though.

Dustin
Old 12-16-2007, 04:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Titan

Spectrum is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by DexterDawg View Post
Ah yes, the bag phone. It was such an improvement over the "car phone". You never dropped calls with those babies though.

Dustin
Heh I wish I could find a CDMA or GSM bag phone. You never dropped calls because they had a 3 watt transceiver in them. Not these puny 1/4 watt transceivers in modern handsets. Of course, I wouldn't really like to hold a 3 watt transmitter right next to my head.....

Anyone remember the Nokia 101... My first phone
[IMG]http://s249.photobucket.com/albums/g...=nokia_101.jpg[/IMG]
Old 12-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP2, Epic 4g, Evo Shift

z1adonis is a n00b
Hey that Nokia 101 was my first cel phone. That tells me that I have been using cel phones for like 14 or 15 years now. That phone used to really weigh down my pants as if I were trying to sag when I would carry it in my back pocket. Thanks for the trip down memory lane!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:11 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

dakidobf is keeping up the good workdakidobf is keeping up the good work
My first phone was a prepaid Mitsubishi with detachable faceplates. I later stepped up to that first two-way phone, that blue motorola joint from TMobile, might have still been Voicestream at that point. I was the man with that bad boy!
Old 12-17-2007, 12:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

ebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regularebmorgan is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
My first was the good-ol Motorola StarTAC with red LEDs....1994...1993....first clam ever. That thing was such a freakin brick. However, I do recalling it working VERY well.
Old 12-19-2007, 03:08 PM
HTC Soldier
Pocket PC: EVO 3-1/2G
Carrier: Sprinter Cell
Threadstarter

xweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIPxweaponx is a VIP
Oh yeah... The bag phone reception. You could call in an order from a pizza place in Peru from your loft in California.
My sisters and I would argue over who was going to take that puppy to school for the day. And the Startac: if you had this status icon attched to your hip, you were definitely on top of technological achievement.

I dont want them to get too much smaller though for I need the solid feel of a device in my hand; maybe some type of organic magnet (if there was such a thing) so it would stay in the palm of your hand and not fall into the pisser by accident at Ruby Tuesday's...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan