PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-27-2010, 07:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC apache
Carrier: Page Plus

sprocketpc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Lost ability to call on PagePlus after flashing

I purchased a used Verizon XV6800. It had stock settings - ROM version 2.09.605.8, radio v. 1.30.60, PRI 1.35_002. PRL was/is 52109. I activated it on PagePlus without problems - able to make/receive calls. I then unlocked with OliPRO 2.40, upgraded the radio to 3.42.50, and loaded Ryan Mogul's WM 6.5 light ROM. Everything went fine, it seemed. However, I discovered I could no longer make/receive calls. I reprovisioned (*22890) - said it was successful, but no go. Hunting around, I also tried *228, opt. 2 and *228, opt. 1. Both said successful - but no go. I keep getting a Verizon error saying the phone can't be validated. Checking EPST, I found that my MDN (phone #) and MSID were correct/unchanged. I did see that "True MIN1" was 0002662, True MIN2 000 and True MCC 000. I found a post online suggesting these should be the same as the MIN/MCC settings (based on my MSID and with MCC 310), but changing them didn't help. Curiously, I can access my voicemail via #738 (and I then get a low balance warning - got the thing activated with $2; I can't otherwise receive texts now, either).

PagePlus was useless - "not a supported phone." Pageplusdirect.com, who activated it, sent me my MSID and MSN, which I already had, but no help beyond that.

I am wondering about reverting to stock (I found the thread on that) but am concerned about the warnings about reverting to a pre-GPS radio. I also don't know that would fix the problem. I'd also prefer to keep WM6.5, if possible.

Anybody run into this and have any suggestions?

Many thanks.
Old 11-27-2010, 08:34 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Not sure if there is a carrier cab for Pageplus. Sounds like your phone is not properly provisioned even though you have tried the OTA provisioning.
Old 11-28-2010, 12:01 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC apache
Carrier: Page Plus
Threadstarter

sprocketpc is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Lost ability to call on PagePlus after flashing

I finally figured out at least part of the problem after I posted from this thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/titan-upgr...r-upgrade.html

This issue is not mentioned in the howto at:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/titan-upgr...upgrading.html

But is mentioned, in post 5, here:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/titan-upgr...r-own-rom.html

If you're on PagePlus, I don't think Verizon support will have anything to do with you and PagePlus will just say it's an unsupported device, so even if getting a new A_KEY would work, you can't do it. Removing the ESN from the system and then restoring it (as PagePlusDirect did for me) fixes it; you should also be able to swap ESN to another phone, if you have one, and back (assuming you care what # is on which phone), based on what I've read.

EDIT: While SMS didn't seem to work last night, magically fixed now with no further intervention.

Last edited by sprocketpc; 11-28-2010 at 04:44 PM. Reason: Update status/info

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Tags
page plus, verizon, xv6800