PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2010, 07:23 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: ipaq and mogul
Carrier: sprint

Hootyhoo1 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Would Like to Do A Flash From Sprint WM 6.1 to Sprint WM 6.5

I am fine with sprint services, but would like to try WM 6.5. Some of the screen shots look really convienent. I would like to know before getting to antsy about doing this, what is everything I need to do this flash. I have read so much of this stuff over the last 5 days that really I believe I would end of doing more damage than good with all the creap I have loaded in my head about this. Any help, list video or what have you would help. I've seen a bunch of different downloads for so many different OS. Thank you
Old 10-28-2010, 07:02 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: OnePlus 8 5G
Carrier: T-Mobile

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

read the stickie by gamedic. everything is there. read it until you completely understand the process. get all the files you will need ahead of the. the most important thing to remember is that the bootloader, rom and radio must all be compatible. either gps or non-gps. do you currently have a gps enabled rom?
Old 10-28-2010, 07:29 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hootyhoo1 is a n00b
Re: Would Like to Do A Flash From Sprint WM 6.1 to Sprint WM 6.5

Thanks for the reply and time. No I don't believe its GPS enable because of the fact that when I reloaded the operating system to flash it back to Sprint, it came from HTC's site and was 6.1. There are no app buttons or options that I have found that shows that it has GPS other than the standard GPS location option. Its just the stock Sprint Mogul WM 6.1. Thanks again for you reply.
Old 10-28-2010, 08:15 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/titan-upgr...de-forums.html
Old 10-28-2010, 10:34 PM
Almost a VIP

demonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation leveldemonlordoftheround can't get a higher reputation level
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

actually if i remember right, the sprint 6.1 rom is gps enabled. now just unlock and flash a rom. i like flashing via the sd card.
Old 10-30-2010, 08:47 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Hootyhoo1 is a n00b

First thanks again for the support on a topic probably kicked so many time from multiple directions. My concerns are all the other files that I have been reading about for the last 2 weeks. BuildBios, PPCkitchen, Installing nbh or choice. bootloader. I mean it almost scares the crap out of me. I read many testomonies and questions of "why". Why is my screen white? Why did it freeze on startup? Why wont my phone connect anymore?
Old 10-30-2010, 09:15 PM
Almost a VIP

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2; en-us; MSM Build/MASTER) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I would suggest using a custom ROM by one of our fine chefs, then if you feel up to the challenge, you can try cooking your own ROM using one of the kitchens. Look on the titan upgrades forum for some choices.
Old 03-13-2011, 04:26 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6700
Carrier: waith

waleds is a n00b

Thank you
Old 03-13-2011, 05:35 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Have a blast with your Titan!!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan