PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2008, 03:44 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: lg optimus
Carrier: Sprint

dishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on repdishe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by donnatn View Post
Well you have to have a slingbox on a network somewhere. Slingmedia specializes in video compression so that the end result on a computer or phone is excellent.

I put my phone in the mount where I can watch the sling in landscape mode (widescreen). I assume this is highly illegal but I try not to stare at it when driving.

Anyone know of a Bluetooth Car Stereo that does A2DP? I have a Passat with a double din stereo. I am having a hard time finding something.

I guess that is the sad thing about being ahead of most while learning about new technologies. It is FRUSTRATING while you wait on something that you want......

LIKE THE NEW ROM WITH GPS AND revA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I've been using a sony xplod BT2500 for a few months now, and I LOVE it. Supports A2DP and AVRCP, which equals playlist from my phone, while the phone stays in my pocket!

Coolest part of a a2dp car stereo- my wife's samsung also supports it, so whoever's driving gets THEIR music playlist on the speaker. All without wires. Sweet.

Oh, and the BT2500 is cheap as hell because there was a flawed design in using the hands-free bluetooth- there's no way to initiate a call from the stereo! Legally, a hands-free headset must be able to answer and initiate phone calls without looking at the phone. So, this stereo does not qualify as hands-free for the states which require it when driving. Therefore, the market value on this sony head unit dropped dramatically (I got mine brand new for $120... on ebay they're well under $100).
Sound quality is very decent. Much better than my stock nissan stereo.

Between you and me... I just wanted the stereo for music, not for phone calls. So, it was a perfect purchase.

As far as mounting the phone... I bought one of those $5 belt holsters (made in china probably) for the 6800 on ebay, and I wired up a loop that hangs from a compartment on my dashboard for it to attach to. The phone sits in the holster face-out, and looks like its embedded into my dashboard next to the air vents (I'll need to take pics to properly describe). When I'm not using the phone, I take the holster off the loop, and the loop can hide in the compartment its attached to (completely hidden). Very clean looking and much less obtrusive than ANY window or dash mount you can buy in a store. No wires involved or anything...

Just goes to show you, sometimes the perfect solutions are the ones you have to find yourself. I've always been unimpressed by store-bought solutions. With a little creativity, you'll figure out what works best for you.
Old 02-07-2008, 05:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6850
Carrier: Verizon

Zenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regularZenoran is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
wow BT2500 is cheap... I wish it was satellite capable or I might pick one of those up.

saw this on that one site if you haven't seen it...
http://www.buygpsnow.com/Product/OnC...6800__955.aspx

BT audio is probably pretty high quality but those FM modulators really drag down CD quality quite a bit.. I think running a direct line from the unit is the best way to go if you have inputs on your stereo.
Old 02-07-2008, 08:24 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

WitnessX is just getting started
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by brockmo View Post
That one looks pretty decent. So it comes with vent clips as well as being mountable on the windshield? I hear you about the coiled power cord. That does suck a bit. That one rotates to landscape as well as portrait too right? Interesting thing is in the description it says:

Warning: NOT Compatible with Sprint Mogul, TyTN II (aka ATT Tilt / Kaiser) New mounts to support these models coming soon on around Nov 20th, please stay tuned.

Yet I searched and cannot find it. Any other recommendations? This one looks pretty good...
Did anyone else look at the red text and go "whoa, that's like burning my retinas!". lol... ouch.
Old 03-11-2008, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch + Mogul
Carrier: Sprint (its a love/hate thing)

winmobilelawyer is becoming a great contributor
Re: car mount - charger - stereo system solution recommendations

I have the Seidio mogul mount. Works GREAT. I don't use the music on my phone though but I imagine the cassette adapter would be the way to go with the seidio mount. The mount has a built in speaker that is really loud so its PERFECT for using the Mogul's GPS. I haven't tried making a call while the phone is mounted. The mount came with an external extension microphone but with how loud the speaker is I am first going to try talking without the external mic and see if people can still here me.

And my Touch makes me feel like I am on a diet.

SKINS, WALLPAPERS, LINKS
http://mobile.meangmedia.com
Old 03-16-2008, 01:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 and loving it
Carrier: Verizon

whatsinaname is just getting started
Re: car mount - charger - stereo system solution recommendations

I like the seidio mount for the 6800, but the proclip mount. I think with a little tinkering I can get the seidio mount connected to the proclip. That may be the best solution for me.

My 6700 sedio mounted to the vent and I didn't like that much because it interfered with the vent, and It was kind of wobbly. (could also break vent if I wasn't careful) the proclip looks like it would be great, but I want integrated audio out/in charge.

I am going to order them and will report back with how I like it.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan