PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2007, 02:37 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC P4000

brockmo is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
car mount - charger - stereo system solution recommendations

I am wanting my phone to turn into a type of entertainment device in my car. Firstly, what type of cable do I need to hook up my phone to my existing car stereo system? Obviously it needs to be a cable that goes to the (RCA?) input on my deck. But is there such a thing as a cable that goes from mini-USB to RCA or will I need a mini-USB to headphone jack converter first? I also want battery charging capabilities, and a nice easy way to see the screen on my phone for movies, video clips, etc. so a car mount would be nice. I am guessing an all-in-one solution to the functionality I want is pretty common, and if so is there any car mounts that anyone would recommend based on your own use? 360 rotatable would be nice.. Linking straight to eBay would be nice too

Anyway, any advice from anyone with personal experience with these car mounts would be awesome. Do the cables seem clunky with a car mount? Would you go with a windshield mountable or just something that clips to the vents? What do you think is best from personal experience?

Thanks!

Last edited by brockmo; 12-10-2007 at 02:53 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:19 PM
Lurker

ttyRazor is a n00b
http://www.buygpsnow.com/oncourse-ed...asjam-848.aspx

I use this charging cradle with the vent clip mount, puts it in just the right spot for good viewing with GPS software. Although the Mogul/Titan isn't listed as one of the compatible devices it does fit, although just a little tight on the sides and loose front and back so it takes a bit of wiggling around to get it in right. It also has an audio line out minijack which you could connect a minijack to RCA cable for your audio out needs. If you are going to use it as an audio player be sure to use software with nice large touch controls since you're not going to want to be poking at it while driving. One of my few complaints is that the power cable is coiled, making it somewhat tricky to secure and hide out of the way.

Last edited by ttyRazor; 12-10-2007 at 03:22 PM.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:41 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

brockmo is a n00b
That one looks pretty decent. So it comes with vent clips as well as being mountable on the windshield? I hear you about the coiled power cord. That does suck a bit. That one rotates to landscape as well as portrait too right? Interesting thing is in the description it says:

Warning: NOT Compatible with Sprint Mogul, TyTN II (aka ATT Tilt / Kaiser) New mounts to support these models coming soon on around Nov 20th, please stay tuned.

Yet I searched and cannot find it. Any other recommendations? This one looks pretty good...
Old 12-10-2007, 03:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Synned is a n00b
That product looks like it could do the trick, if its compatible with our phone.
If they convert the USB to their speaker, then there must be some way to do it. You could take that apart and go from their speaker wire to rca...thats easy.
Old 12-10-2007, 04:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

supark is a n00b
I plan on using a panavise dash mount - they're well built and integrate nicely to car interiors with any permanent drilling or adhesives. On top of that I'll use a proclip device holder made specifically for the mogul.

Here's the car-specific bracket: http://www.car-kit.com/store/product.asp?id=927

And here's the proclip device holder - you can get them in a few different variations: fixed, tilt/swivel and tilt/swivel/wired power: http://www.proclipusa.com/Default.as...&p_leftorright=

Old 12-10-2007, 04:58 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul

jbbosu is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to jbbosu Send a message via MSN to jbbosu
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=881

Santa's bringing me one...should have more than enough for you.
Old 12-10-2007, 06:09 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

brockmo is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbbosu View Post
http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=881

Santa's bringing me one...should have more than enough for you.
K this one looks perfect. Small, clean, swivels, and meant for our phone. Does everything I asked for in the original post. The price really sucks though. The extra stylus is pretty clutch too. Could use transcriber for texting when at red lights or wherever. Any other recommendations?
Old 12-10-2007, 06:09 PM
Lurker

ttyRazor is a n00b
when I got it with my gps receiver from there I had the option to pick the dock and different mounting hardware (I chose the vent mounts over the arm). not sure where that option went, I don't see it there. I can only guess the not compatible warning is for the not quite precise fit that I mentioned. it does work, but they may be working on a better fitting one
Old 12-10-2007, 08:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC P4000, UTStarcom 6700, HTC S720, Moto Q, Moto Q9c
Carrier: TELUS

phuangk is a n00b
Just bought this yesterday.. Adjustable Width, perfect thick for 6800. BlackBerry 8830 fit well, too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg CarMount.jpg (76.3 KB, 210 views) Click for barcode!
Old 12-10-2007, 08:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul

supark is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by phuangk View Post
Just bought this yesterday.. Adjustable Width, perfect thick for 6800. BlackBerry 8830 fit well, too.
What is it? Link? Would it be possible to attach it to a universal bracket with nuts/screws?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan