PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2007, 05:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Maybe they have flip flopped again on this, because some of the earliest production units made did not have the PocketPC logo on them. So these are either old units being pushed back out, or they have decided to do away with the silk screening again.

On a strange note...

I received a replacement Mogul just once now through advanced exchange. My original one had the PPC logo on the framing. The replacement did not... I checked and verified through ##PST that it was indeed a refurb unit, that was manufactured very early on. So I took it home... ran the 2.16 ROM update on it - and now it says:

Refurbishment Status: NO
Refurbishment Date: <No Data>
Manufacturers Date: <No Data>
Original Activation Date: <No Data>
Warranty Date Code: <No Data>

How weird is that?
Old 12-07-2007, 05:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: PPC-6850

ls3mach is keeping up the good workls3mach is keeping up the good work
Quote:
Originally Posted by Krayziepop View Post
Maybe they have flip flopped again on this, because some of the earliest production units made did not have the PocketPC logo on them. So these are either old units being pushed back out, or they have decided to do away with the silk screening again.

On a strange note...

I received a replacement Mogul just once now through advanced exchange. My original one had the PPC logo on the framing. The replacement did not... I checked and verified through ##PST that it was indeed a refurb unit, that was manufactured very early on. So I took it home... ran the 2.16 ROM update on it - and now it says:

Refurbishment Status: NO
Refurbishment Date: <No Data>
Manufacturers Date: <No Data>
Original Activation Date: <No Data>
Warranty Date Code: <No Data>

How weird is that?
Same thing happened to mine after I updated. Although mine was new, it definitely had usage on it prior to the 2.16 update. I was going to post it online, but got sidetracked with the d-pad issue.
Old 12-07-2007, 05:32 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
That may be what happend to me too. I took the swap and applied 2.17 before I checked ##PST. I may have gotten a referb then.
Old 12-07-2007, 09:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

tc3jg is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to tc3jg
Quote:
Originally Posted by eehrhard View Post
I just swapped out my mogul for the 3rd time and none have had the pocket pc logo until the one I just got this week. I thought maybe i got a reconditioned unit but its not. I checked ##pst# and the life counter was at 0 and the referb status was no. So i guess I just got a old "new" phone.

I care more about getting scratches and dings on my phones which is why mine is wrapped in a seidio rubberized black case and the screen is protected by an unscratchable ShieldZone protector. I wish someone would make a carbon fiber case like the Seidio one. That would be sweet. They have cheap chinese versions now that come in colors but they are all solid colors so far as I have seen.

I just ordered this the other day should be here soon its not rubber material but is still the carbon fiber look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180188578484

will post on the quality once i get it.
I love your seidio case if only it were not 50 bucks.
Old 12-10-2007, 03:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tc3jg is a n00b
I have yet another observation about the older version of the mogul and the newer one. the older moguls metal surround of the screen is a flat silver but if you look at the newer moguls that have come out the metal screen surround is a slight tint of red.
Old 12-10-2007, 05:51 PM
Almost a VIP

eehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regulareehrhard is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by tc3jg View Post
I just ordered this the other day should be here soon its not rubber material but is still the carbon fiber look.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=180188578484

will post on the quality once i get it.
I love your seidio case if only it were not 50 bucks.

Please do. It looks nice. I only paid 25 for the Seidio case. i have no use for the belt clip wich is another 25 cause I hate phones attached to my belt. I probably would have given one of these a shot but I was an early adopter because I dropped my first mogul and had a big gash on it so when i got the second one i ordered it right away.
Old 12-10-2007, 11:56 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

tc3jg is a n00b
No problem i will yah you shoudl see my first mogul lol its going in the box back to sprint as we speak just got then new one activated. lol its siting in a plastic bag right now until the case comes in the mail.
Old 12-11-2007, 12:09 AM
Regular 'Geeker

johnnychimpo is just getting started
I just got a Mogul about 20 days ago and it has the sprint logo on it with the silver screen enclosure. Should i return it for the newer version or what?
Old 12-11-2007, 01:01 AM
Almost a VIP

No reason to. They are all pretty consistant. Actually I remember when the ones without the pocketPC logo first came out some people complaining about screens that seemed inferior but personally I have not noticed any difference and I have had 4 different samples. I imagine i will have 4 more before its over because I refuse to accept any flaw the crops up.
Old 12-11-2007, 01:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: TouchPro2

ehanhan is just getting started
My brother got a Mogul at the beginning of August and his had Pocket PC on teh bottom of the Bezel. I got mine the beginning of September and had no Pocket PC on mine.

2 more of our friends got Moguls around this time as well and they did not have Pocket PC, either

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan