PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-06-2010, 10:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Titan
Carrier: Verizon

Christopher Price is starting in the wrong direction
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: DavidinCT's VZW xv6800 A-GPS guide

Uh oh, my A-Key got corrupted. Didn't do anything to the phone overnight, but this morning it wouldn't authenticate

Worse, the 6.5 ROM I had, didn't have EPST working right. Crashed on launch.

So, I'm now repeating the guide from scratch and flashing to DCD 3.2.6, then calling into Verizon to have the A-Key reset.

Anyone know of a 6.5 ROM that has EPST working properly?

Old 09-07-2010, 04:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Update: Ultimately went with RyanMogul's 6.5.3 ROM. Getting a 3D fix in about 30 seconds.

Not sure if the gpsOne server is being polled, since I have the data block, but I suspect Verizon opened up the Alltel IP address even on the data block. That, or the gpsOne silicon can get a faster 3D lock with autonomous mode and tower data alone...

... My connections are much faster when the phone radio is powered up than when powered down.

In all, this keeps impressing me about gpsOne as a well-thought out technology that was needlessly locked down by Verizon. Look at all the GPS apps on iPhone, look at what could have been had Microsoft mandated open GPS from day one.
Old 09-16-2010, 01:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

One issue to report after testing this quite a bit. It's only of note if you use the Data Block on Verizon.

I think I figured out why VZW never unlocked GPS on these devices. The latest generation of data block is designed to allow you to connect to free data services (VZ Nav, Family Locator, etc), but basically return no data to any other IP request.

That screws up the A-GPS session, because the XV6800 (and SMT5800, etc) are told they have an internet connection... they then ping the LBS server... and get no response. The radio firmware doesn't know how to handle a blank/failed response, and the GPS times out.

The only solution is to power off the phone radio when doing GPS navigation or other GPS apps.

Yes, that makes it hard to use it on road trips, but I'm still happy. I have an Android phone on Sprint Relay Data Only, so I only need GPS on my voice phone for emergencies. This spares me the need to carry around a backup GPS device.
Old 09-19-2010, 03:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc titan 100
Carrier: telecom

1next1 is a n00b

sorry to jump in like this but i am new to this forum and did not know where to start.

i have a telecom tita100 and it not being detected by my pc runnung win7 and xp. i am new to this so could someone please direct me as to how to go about doing this.

i am only interested in enabling the gps to work in as the cdma network will be defunct soon.

my phone is running wm5.0 and radio version 1.47
Old 10-01-2010, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG V10, iPhone 6 and Nokia ICON
Threadstarter

DavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIPDavidinCT is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to DavidinCT Send a message via MSN to DavidinCT

A tip, if you have problems with your A-Key, log into VZW's site, change your ESN to a old phone, then put in your current phone, this will update the A-key with out needing to talk to anyone.

Got this right from a vzw tech

http://mc.anywherecool.com/Blog/
If I helped in anyway, please hit thanks !

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan

Tags
a-gps, gps, xv6800