PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 01:13 PM
Lurker

tanis13 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
XV6800 Alarm Not Working

Problem: Time freezes when phone is in sleep mode and doesn't update until it is turned back on manually. Causes alarms to fail, even SPB Clock's alarms. From: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1288875 Is this a problem that can be fixed with a simple .dll / Rom tweak? I have personally been late for work two days in a row because I assumed I just slept through the alarm.

Last edited by tanis13; 12-05-2007 at 01:24 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:19 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan
Carrier: Sprint

TC1 is a n00b
OMG... this is the same problem that the Mogul had with the old 2.09 ROM... looks like VzW wasn't fixing the phone since August. To the best of my knowledge, the only way it was fixed for the Mogul was the new ROM release.
Old 12-05-2007, 01:24 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

tanis13 is a n00b
Can I use the Sprint ROMs without danger? Or will it even let me. I just want an official update to fix my keyboard / alarm problems.
Old 12-05-2007, 02:06 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO3D
Carrier: SERO-P

lafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stufflafester knows their stuff
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis13 View Post
Can I use the Sprint ROMs without danger? Or will it even let me. I just want an official update to fix my keyboard / alarm problems.

you may be waiting awhile since the phone just came out.

it looks like vzw is using the same 2.09 rom we have been complaining about for months.

keyboard fix is posted here already and nothing will fix your alarm (with your current rom) other then not turning it off at night or not leaving it on a charger.

you should be able to flash to whatever rom you want... just find out how to configure it to vzw. read the stickies at the top of the forum.
Old 01-13-2008, 10:07 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Verizon

cuadradoa1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis13 View Post
Problem: Time freezes when phone is in sleep mode and doesn't update until it is turned back on manually. Causes alarms to fail, even SPB Clock's alarms. From: http://www.howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1288875 Is this a problem that can be fixed with a simple .dll / Rom tweak? I have personally been late for work two days in a row because I assumed I just slept through the alarm.
I just installed Spb Time today, and it seems to have fixed the alarm problem. I did test alarms 4 different times, two times with the phone unplugged and in sleep mode, and twice with the phone plugged in, in sleep mode. It worked each time. Just to mention any other changes I've made to the phone, I also got the extended battery, but I don't know why that would have anything to do with the alarm working. You can download a trial of Spb time from their web site, and test it out.
Old 02-06-2008, 08:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Droid X

kraygh is just getting started
alarm works

In case anyone is still having alarm problems despite the many tricks and workarounds. (I've tried many and finally gave up, relying on my regular alarm clock at home).

Installing the new GPS-enabled rom 3.27 completely fixed it. The alarm works now even with other apps installed like HTC Home plug-in.
Old 02-07-2008, 09:01 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cuadradoa1 is a n00b
When I first got the 6800 I posted a fix to a forum about this - I cannot remember which. But if you do not mind getting SPB Time:

You set the WM6 default alarm to silent to 5 minutes before you set the Spb Time alarm to go off. It seems to have fixed the problem for many users.
Old 02-13-2008, 12:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

iampedro is a n00b
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraygh View Post
In case anyone is still having alarm problems despite the many tricks and workarounds. (I've tried many and finally gave up, relying on my regular alarm clock at home).

Installing the new GPS-enabled rom 3.27 completely fixed it. The alarm works now even with other apps installed like HTC Home plug-in.
Where did you get this gps-enable rom for the xv6800?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan