PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-25-2007, 06:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BSOD Questions

just had afew questions about DSOD...
1) is it limited to alltel's rom?
2) is it directly related to bt or just the card reader part of the kernel?
3) is there any other information about the DSOD?

Last edited by zeurx; 11-25-2007 at 07:08 PM.
Old 11-25-2007, 07:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
BSOD? The only meaning for that acronym that I have heard of is "Blue Screen of Death" referring to a crash screen in Windows.

Do you maybe mean DSOD or "Dark Screen of Death" where the phone will not come out of the suspend state?

sorry if I missed something
Old 11-25-2007, 07:08 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Vogue & HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Former Midwest Wireless forced to Alltel and soon to be Verizon
Threadstarter

zeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regularzeurx is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
yeah... i was thinking of black screen of death
Old 11-25-2007, 07:15 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Hmmm... sorry. I did a bit of research and I couldn't find any resources for the 6800 having the DSOD or BSOD problem. All that came up were the threads from my old 6700 that would have daily lockups.

Anyone have some sources? I would like to know about this too
Old 03-04-2009, 09:49 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint PPC6800
Carrier: Cricket

KyMod is a n00b
Re: BSOD Questions

I need the DSOD fix. phone wont come out of the DSOD unless I pull the battery and restart it. soft reset doesnt work. I thought i had read somewheres that running the AKU 3.5 would fix this. I have several AKU 3.5 updates, kirvin no junk, verizonguy, helmi's, none of em will load to my apache. My unit has bootloader 2.05 (ack). I have looked into reverting the bootloader, but have been unsuccessful so far. I have used the kitchen to get the phone to wm6.1, but i still have DSOD issue. is there a fix for the DSOD in the kitchen somewheres? is my bootloader version preventing the AKU upload?? I knw this post is vague, i'll be happy to supply any further info. I'm at a loss for this DSOD issue, other than that the phone rocks, thanks to the PPC crew.
Old 03-04-2009, 02:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: VZW

weedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on repweedahoe is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to weedahoe Send a message via MSN to weedahoe Send a message via Yahoo to weedahoe
Re: BSOD Questions

yeah as far as I know the 68 never had those issues but the 67 sure as hell did. Everyone used to have them but as more custom ROMs came out the issues were less and less. With a 68 doing it I wiould look towards apps with plugins running or apps running in the background and worst case I would re-cook a DIFFERENT ROM and not use the same one incase thats where your issue lies.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan