PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
We all know that sprint possibly couldn't come out with a ROM that fast (10/31) - Sprint has to do "internal testing" before they release ROMs, which is exactly why we get ROMS 1-2 months after their build date . Its pretty simple engineering practice, and the timeframe is probably mandated by some bigshots at Sprint. My guess is their idea of "test" is check if the phone rings, can turn on for a few days... and thats about it.

We still have hope though! Alltel ... might get a new ROM .. ! or maybe not. Either way, this is bad for Sprint, even though mobile users like us might consist of only a small fraction of their user base.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:23 PM
Lurker

outbreak is a n00b
I agree! I'm done with this piece of CRAP!!! What do you guys recommend? I appreciate the help

...Out...
Old 11-01-2007, 06:33 PM
Retired Staff
Pocket PC: who knows
Carrier: probably sprint

no2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation levelno2chem can't get a higher reputation level
Quote:
Originally Posted by outbreak View Post
I agree! I'm done with this piece of CRAP!!! What do you guys recommend? I appreciate the help

...Out...
Call and complain, that about it, and hope sprint changes their buisness practices. I'm not in a position where I can do this but many of you are -

As one user "somewhere" had said, It wouldn't make much sense for your ISP to sell you a laptop that you could only use on your network, and have control of BIOS updates, drivers, etc. Sprint's buisness model (and many US carriers) is utterly out of date. I hope Sprint realizes this as they have the only decent network around. I wonder how verizon still exists... I believe they are worse than sprint.
Old 11-01-2007, 06:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D
Carrier: Sprint

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
Talking

this sucks so going back to factory default aka installing old rom with bugs

only if I can get my old ppc6700 back I still have the backup with everything on it
Old 11-01-2007, 07:10 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HT Touch
Carrier: Bell

Adrius is a n00b
So hold on, I have been spending hours researching the Mogul/Titan/PPC6800 and now I come across this post which basically is telling me to stay away from it... my last hope is that this doesn't quite effect people with Bell.

Any advice for someone who is/was on the verge of picking up the HTC PPC 6800 from Bell?
Old 11-01-2007, 07:19 PM
Regular 'Geeker

SINNN is a n00b
My suggestion is if your still in the 30 return window, return it and get the tOuch on the 4th. If your stuck with a Mogul. I feel for you. Enjoy your brick till 2008

Last edited by SINNN; 11-01-2007 at 07:26 PM.
Old 11-01-2007, 07:19 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650
Threadstarter

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adrius View Post
So hold on, I have been spending hours researching the Mogul/Titan/PPC6800 and now I come across this post which basically is telling me to stay away from it... my last hope is that this doesn't quite effect people with Bell.

Any advice for someone who is/was on the verge of picking up the HTC PPC 6800 from Bell?
This is an issue with the Sprint version of the Titan. I don't have any details on how Bell's version works, but the ROM being released in early 2008 is the one for the Sprint version, as it says on the title

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-01-2007, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HT Touch
Carrier: Bell

Adrius is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
My suggestion is if your still in the 30 return window, return it and get the tOuch on the 4th. If your stuck with a Mogul. I feel for you. Enjoy your brick till 2008
I haven't quite picked it up yet. I hope the Touch comes to Bell... although I doubt it. Anyone got any news on this?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pibe38 View Post
This is an issue with the Sprint version of the Titan. I don't have any details on how Bell's version works, but the ROM being released in early 2008 is the one for the Sprint version, as it says on the title
Ah ok, so there is a clear distinction then. I thought they kind of all melded into one thing. Does this only pertain to ROMs? I mean, things like FTOUCHFLO, Slithers Cube, HTC Home etc. will work regardless of provider assuming you are running WM6 or w/e the requirement is.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

chnzshyguy is a n00b
It's so strange hearing all these complaints about the Mogul. I got my 6700 warranty replaced with a Mogul and I love it! The stock ROM install sucked, but all I did was hard-reset and skipped the factory auto-cab installs. As a result, my phone is fast, clean, and totally freaking awesome.
Old 11-01-2007, 10:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

idiotekniQues is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by SINNN View Post
so you have tested the touch thoroughly and know it is bug free i presume?
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan