PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-04-2007, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Apache PPC-6700
Carrier: Sprint

BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY
Mini Review of HTC titan Running WM5

HTC Titan Running WM5
( This is my First time writing a review so bare with me. I usually only write tutorials)
With all the crap that wm6 brings to the mogul like the memory problem i deiced with sampson releasing the wm5 telus nbh file i would flash it and give it a shoot. The only real problem i have with my mogul is the ram. I don't use bluetooth much so i haven't tested bluetooth with the wm5 rom but will if someone wants me to. i am running Radio version 1.40 from the alltel rom.
Proof that it is wm5 (if anyone didn't believe)

Ram On WM5
On my device the only things i run on the today screen are im+ plugin and Pocket plus 4. With the wm5 rom i had about 28-29 free with just pocket plus 4. But with wm5 being so ugly compared to wm6 i installed my old favorite wisbar and the vista skin. with that i have about 26-27 mb free ram.

(this is with active sync running with wisbar and pocket plus on today screen)

(activesync closed)
so with it all closed and running oxios close app i get about 27.
RAM leak.
I have not seen any ram leak at all with wm5 or at least any that is noticable. i am always able to get right around with what i start with.

With this rom i have had no problems at all. screen switching from portrait to landscape is very quick due to no sliding sounds.

i have only the basic apps i use daily installed on my device. none of the stuff that is extra which looks cool or makes it easier. i haven't installed htc action screen yet or the end key application both which i use on wm6 with UTCG 2.2. 2 rom. I am only running what i need and no more and i have seen that the phone is able to run alot of programs at once and not have a problem.

Another Note:
i believe that oxios does mess up things with the rom. If i do the close app one it doesn't make the phone run correct as it will close apps when it shouldnt. but if i don't run it ever it works fine so maybe people should stay away from this app. it doesn't do alot with this rom all i have seen is low 1 mb gains to about half a mb thats all.

Last edited by BiGMatTFRomJeRSeY; 11-06-2007 at 10:48 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan