PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-05-2007, 10:56 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: xv6800
Carrier: verizon

mmbhm is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I neglected to mention that I installed 3 different (seemingly) sdhc cab files as well. one allowed me to read 1.7gb, just like it did before I installed it, after two, the phone couldn't even see the card. had to do a hard reset to get it back to 1.7
Old 12-05-2007, 11:25 AM
N00b

mmbhm is a n00b
ok - got the scoop. just talked with a tech guy at UT starcom. the mogul/***6800 is only tested to work with cards up to 2gb. ONCE AGAIN F***IN' VERIZON GOT IT WRONG!!!! My next call will be to turn the air blue over in Verizonland. I cannot express how frustrated i am with those bozos. BTW - UT Starcom buys phones from HTC, but they don't know the HTC names. When I asked about the TytnII (which does support sdhc), the tech's response was "HuH?"
Old 12-05-2007, 11:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Omnia i910
Carrier: Verizon

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
You can get 8GB on the XV6800. You need to download the SDHC.777 drivers. I believe that nemanracing is the person who uploaded those drivers. I can't find them at the moment.

There is also another reported SDHC patch working on XDA-Developers. It is located at http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=344338

Also, 4GB cards work on the XV6800 out of the box.

Follow me on mytabletlife.com
Old 12-05-2007, 12:45 PM
N00b

mmbhm is a n00b
OMG. I just got off the phone with a Verizon supervisor. I called to complain about the 6800 specs on their website. I said that based on my conversation with UTS, the phone will only read at 2gb card (yeah, i know. it will read 4gb of a 8gb card, but that isn't right either). Anyway, they said that they will not change the website because it says "microSD™ memory slot (up to 8GB)". In her words - it doesn't guarantee it will take an 8gb card, but that it could. I told her that was misleading and i was very disappointed. upshot for me, tough cookies. I could have stayed with my i760. so until someone cracks this, that's the scoop. Where's Verizonguy and Helmi when you need them? Help Mr. Wizard!
Old 12-05-2007, 04:31 PM
VIP Member

blazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIPblazingwolf is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Umm hello? I posted the fix for you just above your post. Don't care to try it out?

Edit: Went to look for the sdhc.777 drivers. Luv2chill actually posted them. They are in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...DHC.777&page=2

There is also another driver set posted by verizonguy that might very well work too.

Last edited by blazingwolf; 12-05-2007 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:07 PM
N00b

ChuckG is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazingwolf View Post
Umm hello? I posted the fix for you just above your post. Don't care to try it out?

Edit: Went to look for the sdhc.777 drivers. Luv2chill actually posted them. They are in this thread: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread...DHC.777&page=2

There is also another driver set posted by verizonguy that might very well work too.
I tried this fix and no dice on my card. Just took the card into a Verizon store and swapped it out for a 4GB (the website now says that 4GB is the max for the xv6800), got $40 back, and the same 3.79gb available as before.

So far all those threads with the SDHC driver fixes speculate that it should work, but can anyone actually verify that they have been able to use all 8GB on an xv6800 or Mogul?
Old 12-05-2007, 09:10 PM
VIP Member

Yes, there are several people over on HoFo state that the drivers from XDA-Developers work for their 8GB cards. They are now seeing 7.7GB. I posted the link to the XDA drivers in my first post. Link to HoFo: http://howardforums.com/showthread.php?t=1286740

I posted about the 777 drivers as I have read that they have worked for some.
Old 12-05-2007, 09:17 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint

xefe is becoming a great contributor
4gb ones for sale at amazon for 37bucks ... if anyone interested.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:00 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: XV6800
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

verizonguy is becoming a great contributor
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmbhm View Post
Where's Verizonguy and Helmi when you need them? Help Mr. Wizard!
With the drivers from the 2.17 rom, my 6800 sees 8 gb out of the box without installing any cabs.

For the apache and other htc devices, the team 777 sdhc dlls enabled sdhc up to 8gb.

Before criticizing someone, first walk a mile in his shoes...
Then when you criticize him, you'll be a mile away and have his shoes.
Old 12-21-2007, 12:28 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

dsnuts002 is a n00b
Before I flashed 2.17 I used the dirvers to get my 6Gb Sandisk to work... Ran with them for a while and had no issues with them. If I remember right... You need to give them a min. after installing them, then turn off your phone for a min. or so, and when you restart your phone it will work... IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU INSTALL AND RESTART WITH OUT GIVING IT TIME TO SAVE

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan