PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 01:25 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
How can I remove the HARD-SPL hack

I've read many threads on the HARD-SPL but have not tried it yet.
I'm comfortable with hacking around on the phone.

But if I end up selling my phone I'd like to sell it factory condition.

If I put a factory ROM back on does it remove (overwrite) the HARD-SPL?

I want the next user to be able to use a standard HTC ROM upgrade with no special steps.

I read you had to go through a few special steps to get back to a factory ROM which I have no problem with but I'm worried about the next guy that may own the phone.

Can someone explain please.

I did try searching and couldn't come up with any info.

Thanks
Old 10-30-2007, 01:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Nexus One.
Carrier: Sprint, TMobile

pixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuffpixelwix knows their stuff
there is no reason to remove it, if anything it will help the next user out by preventing him from bricking it. you can still flash factory roms on there with no porblem. just download the rom you want and flash it. its that simple

Quote:
“The hood love to listen to Jeezy and Weezy, and oh yeah Yeezy; I did it for the Glory.”
Old 10-30-2007, 01:55 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
there is no way right now. there will be a version somming soon that will though
Old 10-30-2007, 02:10 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
I want the next user to be able to use a standard HTC ROM upgrade with no special steps.

I read you had to go through a few special steps to get back to a factory ROM which I have no problem with but I'm worried about the next guy that may own the phone.
There are no special steps required to use a Sprint packaged (or even Alltell packaged) ROM. Just plug in and run the provided executable from HTC's website. Works exactly as if the original boot loader was present.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:37 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EVO 4G
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium
Threadstarter

mswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuffmswlogo knows their stuff
Hmmm, I saw a few posts saying they could not flash the factory ROM over a hacked device without doing a few extra steps as you would a custom ROM. I don't know the details and I know they managed to work around it. But I don't want any trouble if I sell it. Sounds like a removable version is coming. I may not need it but it's comforting to know that I could remove it.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:54 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by mswlogo View Post
Hmmm, I saw a few posts saying they could not flash the factory ROM over a hacked device without doing a few extra steps as you would a custom ROM. I don't know the details and I know they managed to work around it. But I don't want any trouble if I sell it. Sounds like a removable version is coming. I may not need it but it's comforting to know that I could remove it.
I've flashed Sprint's 2.09, 2.16 and the Alltel packaged ROM with no issues whatsoever - Just connect via ActiveSync and run the packaged exe's. There should not be any problems.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

bamrock is a n00b
What about sending the phones in for factory service? The factory warranty is one year on the handset. Wouldn't you think they would be able to see that you've changed the bootloader?

The best in tech and everything else!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan