PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2007, 01:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro, and Sprint Touch Diamond, iPhone 3G (white) also ha
Carrier: Sprint PCS, AT&T(Ugh)

Mastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good workMastanthony89 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Exclamation College Student: need help with Alarm!!

First off i would like to say that i like my Mogul coming from a Motorola Q. Having a smart phone to log assignments as well as meetings in college is very helpful.

One thing i cannot get to work right is the alarm.
On my Q the alarm woudl still go off even tho my phone was on silent (my roommate has a prissy fit if my phone makes noise at night time, (ie. Emails, texts, etc)

Is there anyway to set my alarm to go off in the morning (vibrate and ring i would prefer) but keep my phone on silent all night? please help me out or tell me what software i need to make this work right!!! thanks soooo much!
Old 10-30-2007, 03:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul ppc 6800 & Touch
Carrier: Sprint

kcaegis45 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mastanthony89 View Post
First off i would like to say that i like my Mogul coming from a Motorola Q. Having a smart phone to log assignments as well as meetings in college is very helpful.

One thing i cannot get to work right is the alarm.
On my Q the alarm woudl still go off even tho my phone was on silent (my roommate has a prissy fit if my phone makes noise at night time, (ie. Emails, texts, etc)

Is there anyway to set my alarm to go off in the morning (vibrate and ring i would prefer) but keep my phone on silent all night? please help me out or tell me what software i need to make this work right!!! thanks soooo much!

go to start>settings>phone and under the dropdown for ring type select NONE. The phone won't ring or vibrate. But remember that with the 2.09 rom, if u have the mogul charging and in sleep mode the alarm does not work (won't ring or vibrate). If u are charging u must set the mogul to not to turn off. go to start>settings>system>power and under advance uncheck On Ext Power.

Also, to set the alarm ring & vibrate go to start>settings>system>Clock & Alarms under Alarms tap on the icon of a bell. That is where you set ur alarm sounds/vib/flashing light.

Also, on the title bar tap on the sound icon, to also set the sound for the mogul itself.

Last edited by kcaegis45; 10-30-2007 at 03:16 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: mogul ppc 6800 & Touch

kcaegis45 is just getting started
Quote:
Originally Posted by klurf8881 View Post
i think OP is saying the phone ringer and texts alerts and email alerts, all the system sounds except the alarm. pain in the butt to go into settings and manually change every time a few settings. Ive always been curious bout this too. Id like the phone to not ring beep vibrate or anything except for the alarm (essentially in silent mode but the alarm can tone still)
Then go to start>settings>personal>sounds&notifications under sounds uncheck programs. It should auto uncheck notifications at the same time. or u can just uncheck notifications. This will disable sound for any type of notifications

So there are basically 2 settings that needs to be changed. The Phone ring to NONE and the uncheck of Notification as long as the ALARM setting is set correctly (once) and the sound icon on the title bar is set correctly (which doesn't need changing)

Last edited by kcaegis45; 10-30-2007 at 03:34 AM.
Old 10-30-2007, 11:18 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Check out a program called pTravelAlarm. It will go off even when the default ringer is off/silent.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 10-30-2007, 11:24 AM
mmmm Freebirds
Pocket PC: HTC EVO (X2)

Darkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIPDarkness231 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesus View Post
Check out a program called pTravelAlarm. It will go off even when the default ringer is off/silent.
And it has 10 alarms and you can vary the vol level of each alarm, but I dont think it supports vibrate

Good things don't end in 'eum,' they end in 'mania'...or 'teria'
Easily switch between TouchFlo and Mobile Shell
If you like my work feel free to
Old 10-30-2007, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

machtenx is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to machtenx
I leave my phone on silent during the night and in the morning SPB Time still sounds off at maximum volume.

PS SPB Time doesn't support vibrate either.

Last edited by machtenx; 10-30-2007 at 12:22 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan