PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 12:05 PM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
trouble using TreoALert on my Mogul

I'm having trouble getting TreoAlert to work on my Mogul (6800). I'm trying to configure it to work as a Today Screen plugin (not sure if I want it to take the place of my carrier line yet). Anyway, all I'm seeing is my bluetooth icon on the left side and the word "Loading" (it just hangs there and never shows anything else). All I want it to do is show my signal strength, battery strength and free memory and disable all other alerts, sounds, etc. What am I doing wrong? I've uninstalled the cab several times (version 8.2 Beta 8, soft reset several times, etc. but I can't get it working. Please help!!!

Last edited by psywzrd; 10-29-2007 at 12:51 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:13 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
i was one of the guys that worked on the treo alert app. do me a favor and go to you program files/ treoalert / folder and tap the mortscript.exe, wait a few seconds and then tap the alertcontrol.mscr. wait about 30 seconds and then see what it does. if after this it still didn't set. do a softreset.

you want to make sure NOT to use the carrier bar plugin since the mogul doesn't have a carrier bar.

cody
Old 10-29-2007, 12:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
i was one of the guys that worked on the treo alert app. do me a favor and go to you program files/ treoalert / folder and tap the mortscript.exe, wait a few seconds and then tap the alertcontrol.mscr. wait about 30 seconds and then see what it does. if after this it still didn't set. do a softreset.

you want to make sure NOT to use the carrier bar plugin since the mogul doesn't have a carrier bar.

cody
Thanks for responding so quickly cody. I had posted over at TC but didn't get a reply so I was hoping you might notice the post here. Anyway, I tried everything you said and ended up doing a soft reset - it didn't help as it's still hanging at "Loading".

Also, I don't see any specific option in there where it can be configured as a Today Screen Plugin (I do have it on my Today screen though). I do see the option to use the Carrier Plugin but I have selected to leave my carrier plugin alone just like you mentioned above.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:31 PM
VIP Member

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
ok, give me a few minutes to hardreset my phone, load a clean rom with clear registry, and reload this app. i will walk you through this. we will have it working today. promiss.

first off. some questions...

1. what rom are you using?
2. what radio?
3. what version of treo alerts are you using? (beta ?
4. what settings have you made in the app after frist installing?

Last edited by codyppc; 10-29-2007 at 12:44 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

psywzrd is a n00b
1. The crappy new ROM (2.16), but I had the same problem with my previous ROM (2.08 )
2. 1.47
3. Version 8.2, Beta 8 (sorry about the smiley - I don't know how that happened but I fixed it above).
4. The only setting I tried to change was to get it to show signal strength, battery status and available memory - that's it.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:23 PM
VIP Member

Any Way You Can Give Me A Copy Of Your Registry?

or go to ... hklm/software/microsoft/today/items/treoalerts/items and tell me what line1 says?

Last edited by codyppc; 10-29-2007 at 01:26 PM.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:39 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by codyppc View Post
Any Way You Can Give Me A Copy Of Your Registry?

or go to ... hklm/software/microsoft/today/items/treoalerts/items and tell me what line1 says?
I don't have that entry in my registry. I have hklm/software/microsoft/today/items/treoalerts/item1 and that's it.
Old 10-30-2007, 03:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

psywzrd is a n00b
cody:

You still around? I'm going to uninstall this app for now since it's not working right for me anyway. Hopefully we can get it figured out and I'll reinstall it.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:40 PM
VIP Member

man i played and played with it. i can't get it to do what you did. i would recomend starting all over if you really want the app. if you go through the treocentral thread you will see 3 or 4 people whould had problems kind of like yours. there was nothing we could do to get it working except one thing.... hard reset and install agian. this fix each of the other peoples problems. dont know why yet but it is weird.

sorry, cody

unless you can do one thing first. give me a copy of your registry. with the app installed.
Old 10-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Threadstarter

psywzrd is a n00b
cody:

Are there any specific steps I need to take to install it properly? When I run the cab and it's installed, I hear an alert that says Treo Alert Pro 8.2 and the line displays a bluetooth icon followed by (D): Treo ALert Pro: Bat=70%. Once I tap on the line and select Display Settings Menu, it brings me to a screen where I have to select the view that will be seen in my carrier plugin. As soon as I select Leave My Carrier Display Alone and exit out of that menu, that's when it immediately goes back to the Loading thing. Am I doing something wrong in that step?

Also, I'm a little hesitant to provide a copy of my entire registry. Is there a way that you can utilize just the Treo Alert part of it or do you actually need the entire thing?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan