PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New Rom Update on Oct 31? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10615)

deltaecho 10-28-2007 06:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walla (Post 109004)
THEY MEAN THAT SPRINT WILL UPDATE THEIR SITE WITH THE ROM THAT IS ALREADY POSTED ON HTC's WEB SITE. Sprint has yet to update their site!

Nothing new! Move along people.

Nice to see people going out on a limb, clarifying things they have no knowledge of. I take it that when you state "THEY" walla, you are referring to me as I created this thread. I spoke to the Rep today, which verified that I had the 2.16.651.0 rom. He when on to state that they will release yet another rom update on 10/31. I'm not saying this is gonna happen. I started this very thread as in inquiry to the community to see if anyone else has heard mention of a new update.

walla 10-28-2007 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaecho (Post 109011)
Nice to see people going out on a limb, clarifying things they have no knowledge of. I take it that when you state "THEY" walla, you are referring to me as I created this thread. I spoke to the Rep today, which verified that I had the 2.16.651.0 rom. He when on to state that they will release yet another rom update on 10/31. I'm not saying this is gonna happen. I started this very thread as in inquiry to the community to see if anyone else has heard mention of a new update.

They = Sprint.

Since I lack knowledge of this, we'll wait and see. :mrgreen:

infidel 10-28-2007 08:01 PM

I'm baffled at how they could release such an apparently flawed update. I installed it on my work 6800, and not on my personal one. Luckily I don't use bluetooth so I havn't noticed any problems with it in that regard (so called d-pad issues). However I find that the there is near zero-need to reboot memory wise.

I am on vacation atm, so it could just be an overall lack of use causing the memory to remain solid. Also havn't left the house with the unit, and it gets full EVDO coverage here, so I'm not anxious to witness any said lock-ups switching to 1x areas.

I can only hope any new issues are resolved by a future update release, and soon.

Josedogg54 10-28-2007 08:14 PM

All I can say is on Oct 31 I'm going to be a mad man checking the forum's, HTC, and Sprint's web site every 5 mins waiting for the update. A lot of people thought this past update was just rumor's and look what happened sprint stepped up and actually released something. So I'm in good spirit's about them doing the right thing and fixing this piece of crap ROM they tried to slip by us.

Pibe38 10-28-2007 08:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by walla (Post 109004)
THEY MEAN THAT SPRINT WILL UPDATE THEIR SITE WITH THE ROM THAT IS ALREADY POSTED ON HTC's WEB SITE. Sprint has yet to update their site!

Nothing new! Move along people.

I seriously doubt that's what it is. They haven't even posted the 2.09 ROM released to enable the Sprint Music Store shortly after the deviced was released. Heck, the last thing posted on theit site for the WM OS is the 700wx SMS patch, not even the 1.15 update.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josedogg54 (Post 109064)
All I can say is on Oct 31 I'm going to be a mad man checking the forum's, HTC, and Sprint's web site every 5 mins waiting for the update. A lot of people thought this past update was just rumor's and look what happened sprint stepped up and actually released something. So I'm in good spirit's about them doing the right thing and fixing this piece of crap ROM they tried to slip by us.

Actually, this past update was never rumors, nor was it ever confirmed. On this past update we at least had 2 different people identified as Sprint employees on the Sprint forums talking about the update, the release date etc. Although that info was not spot on, it was somehow accurate.

If we get an update on Wednesday I will be happy. But I have never seen two ROM updates released so close to each other. These things take to develop, "test", and release.

Once again, I can definately be wrong... and I hope I am, but I seriously do not want to see people complaining on Wednesday because a ROM was not released.

muyoso 10-28-2007 08:51 PM

Remember of course that the current ROM, the 2.16.651.0 was finished in early Sept. September third to be exact. Two months is enough time to test the Rom out and at least release some very minor modifications to fix what they messed up in the 2.16 ROM.

Gilliland 10-28-2007 09:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deltaecho (Post 108944)
..... the Rep said that Sprint is releasing a *NEW ROM UPDATE on 10/31/2007*. He did not state what it would fix....

;) Trick or Treat!!! ;)

DiamynzNPearlz 10-28-2007 09:52 PM

I hope so but regardless I don't need ANOTHER update, i'll just stick with what I got...LOL

willysp 10-28-2007 10:28 PM

I wonder if someone screwed up and released the wrong (old) ROM. Can't figure out a better reason for the 6 week gap.

iwannabeused 10-28-2007 10:30 PM

I have been wrong before, but when I went to HTC website a few mins ago. They had version 2.16.651.0 and radio 1.47. This is probably the newest version...???