PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   New Rom Update on Oct 31? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10615)

deltaecho 10-28-2007 04:25 PM

New Offical Sprint Rom Update on Oct 31?

For the past few days I've been trying to resolve my PPC-6800 1x lockup issues (specifics detailed here http://pdaphonehome.com/forums/ppc-6...a-hopping.html ) with the Sprint Data Techs. In effort to resolve the issue they've had me perform factory restores and updated my PRL, of which neither of them fixed the issue. Today I called back to expressed my dissatisfaction with the phone and the networks problems. After speaking for a while, the Rep said that Sprint is releasing a *NEW ROM UPDATE on 10/31/2007*. He did not state what it would fix, nor did he acknowledge that this release was in response to the issues we are having with the current Rom. I'm not sure if he was just trying to appease me or if he was being truthful.

Has anyone else heard of this Rom update yet?

codyppc 10-28-2007 04:31 PM

wow, another one. just release the kitchen and we'll do our own rom updates.

budney 10-28-2007 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by codyppc (Post 108946)
wow, another one. just release the kitchen and we'll do our own rom updates.

With a little help from Alltel too! ;-)

ImCoKeMaN 10-28-2007 05:07 PM

I hope you all realize that it's not "just release a kitchen" and you do your own updates. The major OS fixes all are done to make a stable base before a good kitchen is released. From there the user updates are mostly just app installs that are built in along with some tweaks and personal settings. At this point that is a big factor in why a kitchen isn't out for this device yet. There is no combination of OS updates that make a truly stable device

Pibe38 10-28-2007 05:16 PM

Ohh great another rumor ](*,)

I'll be happy if Sprint released another ROM update on Wednesday to fix all these new issues, but that would mean that Sprint is listening to their customers and put their asses in gear to fix the issues ASAP.

I know you can never say never, however, I seriously doubt that one will be out so soon after 2.16's release.

Alpine- 10-28-2007 05:58 PM

That would be pretty quick... I would be surprised to see it that soon. Im thinking it some kind of miscommunication. The ROM has not officially been put up by Sprint yet on their site so perhaps this is what he means.

jph8tr 10-28-2007 06:04 PM

Boy, I can't wait for Halloween so I can d/l the new ROM.....and then wait a week or so to see if it hoses the phone before I even think about flashing it.

Fool me once......

Alpine- 10-28-2007 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jph8tr (Post 108995)
Boy, I can't wait for Halloween so I can d/l the new ROM.....and then wait a week or so to see if it hoses the phone before I even think about flashing it.

Fool me once......

I still havent flashed mine. ;) I actually got busy and didnt have time and then the next day I saw all these posts complaining of problems so I decided to wait it out. Turned out to be the right idea. I still might go ahead and flash it just to see. I am curious as to how many can have such issues and other members (also reputable people) claim to have zero issues. Im curious to "test" it and I will report back what I find. I may not get around to it before the 31st though.

walla 10-28-2007 06:18 PM

THEY MEAN THAT SPRINT WILL UPDATE THEIR SITE WITH THE ROM THAT IS ALREADY POSTED ON HTC's WEB SITE. Sprint has yet to update their site!

Nothing new! Move along people.

deltaecho 10-28-2007 06:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alpine- (Post 109002)
I still havent flashed mine. ;) I actually got busy and didnt have time and then the next day I saw all these posts complaining of problems so I decided to wait it out. Turned out to be the right idea. I still might go ahead and flash it just to see. I am curious as to how many can have such issues and other members (also reputable people) claim to have zero issues. Im curious to "test" it and I will report back what I find. I may not get around to it before the 31st though.

For the 1x lockup issues, In my instance I believe is due to the fact that I live in a area where the Sprint coverage is weak and Verizon coverage is strong. Prior to this update, I'd see the phone switch between roaming and sprint every 5 minutes or so. Now, it switches to 1x then locks up. I work in town where the sprint coverage is strong. While at work I have zero lockup issues.....