PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2007, 03:22 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Moto Droid
Carrier: Sprint (Work) Verizon (Personal)

The_Lunatic is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
I have had 3 more disconnects since my last post, and it does seem to be after longer calls. In my previous post I said once in 18 hours, well I guess I should expand and say that I only received 1 call and made a call during that time. I was periodically activating voice command and doing a time check with it. Now that I'm at work and making and receiving a significant amount of calls I see the disconnects are increasing. I guess the trick is not to use your phone that much? Maybe that is what HTC and Sprint will recommend next.
Old 11-06-2007, 09:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

idiotekniQues is a n00b
i am not satisfied with the value at 2.

it is too bad sys value 1 works perfect for BT, but without putting the phone to sleep

basically making it unusable.
Old 11-06-2007, 10:52 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MOGUL 6800

darkomen is a n00b
is the bt problem w/o the new update really that bad? I've been meaning to roll it back but I accidentally damaged mine so I'm getting a replacement. Can't wait to test it out though. I have a jawbone from aliph. Anyone has any info if it works well with the other firmwares?
Old 11-06-2007, 11:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro & Moto Droid
Carrier: Sprint (Work) Verizon (Personal)

The_Lunatic is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by idiotekniQues View Post
i am not satisfied with the value at 2.

it is too bad sys value 1 works perfect for BT, but without putting the phone to sleep

basically making it unusable.
I agree it isnt acceptable, this is getting really frustrating. I've had a few more disconnects. Time to check the thread on the ones that are trying WM5.... It's a shame it is a very nice phone (if all the functions worked the way they were supposed to)
Old 11-07-2007, 10:31 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

swebb is a n00b
Sadly, I am experiencing all the above with sys value 2. It works fine initially but after a few calls or a few on/off BT cycles, the connect time rapidly decreases. Excepting BT issues this is an outstanding PDA phone. I'm not a big BT user, but when I use it I want it to be reliable. All this has caused me to look elsewhere and I have a Touch on order.
Old 11-07-2007, 09:47 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul/Titan/6800

dvjunk is a n00b
I went back to the sys value of 0 (I think that was the default) and did a soft reset. I use the Plantronics Voyager 510. During the first few hours, Bluetooth disconnected a few times but would then reconnect less than a minute later without me doing anything. With 0 or 2, I don't recall that bluetooth has ever failed me during a call although with the 2 setting, it would often disconnect soon after a call. With the value set at 2, the phone dialing screen would show the headphone icon, indicating that bluetooth was active, but as soon as I placed a call, the icon would dissappear and bluetooth would not be active. Today, value of 0 seems better.
Old 11-15-2007, 03:35 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Dual
Carrier: Bell

scuzzell is a n00b
Regarding the question about the Telus ROM from the first page, it has no issues with BT connecting or shutting off on it's own, but the quality is horrendous. Completely unusable. The ear piece volume is too low to hear your caller with ANY background noise. Also, the mic has a problem with the automatic gain control and fades in and out.

I then tried the Alltel (2.14) ROM and it fixed all my BT quality problems but developed a new one that I'm not sure if it's related to BT or not. Quite often the phone would lock up while suspended and require a soft reset. Just as often (mostly when the battery is low) I would not be notified of my incoming calls. As soon as I woke the device up with the power button the last call that I missed would flash up on the screen and the ringer would start for a split second. I would have to soft reset after this or I would not be able to receive any incoming calls unless my screen was on.

This was completely unacceptable and not worth the improvement in BT quality. But I toughed it out until the Sprint 2.16 ROM was released. Since then I have tried all the different variations including those with the Touch BT stack and they all exhibit the same BT shutdown and disconnect problems.

Currently I am testing the Qwest 2.13 ROM with Radio 1.40 and it has been better, but still buggy. So far I have had far less disconnects than previously and most of the time it will reconnect my headset if I do a long press on my headset button (sometimes 2 consecutive presses are required, usually when the screen is off). This is better since I don't have to manually run the comm manager and toggle bluetooth back on (which is a pain when trying to talk on the phone). I should also mention that I modified HKLM\SOFTWARE\OEM\VoiceCommand\ to disable SDDailer so that when I press my headset it just opens the audio gateway.

So far I have had a moderate improvement in usability by modifying my profiles in SPB Phone Suite to keep BT on like a previous poster mentioned. It has decreased the number of disconnects, also when it does shut off I can re-enable it from the today sceen. It's interesting to note that the Qwest ROM had the sys value set to 1 already (This may have been what Phone Suite did to help) and my phone has no issues going into sleep mode automatically.

I'm going to test setting this sys value to 2 and see what happens. I'm pretty much ready to try WM5 on this thing. There's really not that much different between the 2 as far as I can tell (aside from the fact the WM5 does not have these issues).
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-02-2008, 11:51 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

aatreya is a n00b
I'm still having this problem with the 3.16 rom (registry untouched), so it seems like the problem STILL isn't really fixed.

Anyone else?
Old 02-03-2008, 12:34 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Mogul, HTC TOUCH PRO

akore is a n00b
I updated the rom to the one that was posted on November 29th and purchased a Jawbone ear piece. No more problems and the connection is better than the handset.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan