PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Titan (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Phone Lock Ups After new ROM Update? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=10362)

kilmarac 10-26-2007 09:36 AM

Cool, how do you downgrade just the radio. Im sure its been asked/discussed somewhere before but I cant find it.

meatlocker 10-26-2007 11:15 AM

I just had a very interesting conversation with a young man at HTC. He was very knowledgable and friendly, and we spoke for about 15 minutes. Here is what I learned:

1. Don't call HTC for any software-related troubleshooting issues unless you are an AT&T customer. AT&T is the ONLY carrier that has a troubleshooting agreement in place with HTC.

2. The Sprint ROM is developed by Sprint and Microsoft, not by HTC. They are a hardware-only provider. HTC provides the FTP bandwidth to the carriers to host the ROM files for their HTC products (interesting) only. Anyone experiencing problems with the new ROM should be calling Sprint first and foremost.

3. Although they technically can't do anything about it, a call to HTC WILL get an escalation sent through their engineering department to Sprint.

4. I like cake. And pie.

That's it. Have a Mogulicious day, and I hope that I have somehow added a little value to your otherwise ordinary Friday.

*EDIT* WOOT! Post NUMBER 30! I am a MEMBER! I feel like Navin R. Johnson from "The Jerk", when he sees his name in the phonebook for the first time. "I'M SOMEBODY!!!"

Lsme420 10-26-2007 11:39 AM

What I did to downgrade the radio was after installing 2.16 i extracted the contents (Using WinRAR) of 2.16 Application to a folder on my desktop.Then I got the 1.40 radio from the FTP site (Titan-users-DCD) and just replaced the Original sprint ruu with the 1.40 Radio ruu.It will ask if you would like to replace the orignal 88.8mb with a 11.9mb file.Answer is yes.
I believe this will hard reset your phone so you will most likely loose all your data.

kilmarac 10-26-2007 12:21 PM

Ill give it a shot tonight and see what I can do. Has anyone thought about putting a 2.16 stock rom with the RUU changed out onto the ftp? (this time asking without looking as it may be done already)

skatsev 10-26-2007 12:28 PM

Hmm, well that didn't take long.

I installed the new ROM (skipped customizations), ran my SPB Backup restore, waited for the phone to boot up.

After it came back up, I have *no* service (usually I have 1 bar of roaming in the office), and while I was in the Comm Manager trying to figure it out, first bluetooth just turned off, then the phone hung right there in comm manager. No going to sleep or anything... just stopped responding with the screen still on (wouldn't even turn the screen off when I pressed power!).

Guess I'll go to one of the custom roms. Too bad :(.

syntheticzero 10-26-2007 12:41 PM

Hi ---newbie here. Is there any way to just replace the radio ROM without doing a hard reset/clear storage? Or do I have to flash the entire 2.16 ROM with a replaced radio, forcing me to reinstall everything?

kilmarac 10-26-2007 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by skatsev (Post 107593)
Hmm, well that didn't take long.

I installed the new ROM (skipped customizations), ran my SPB Backup restore, waited for the phone to boot up.

After it came back up, I have *no* service (usually I have 1 bar of roaming in the office), and while I was in the Comm Manager trying to figure it out, first bluetooth just turned off, then the phone hung right there in comm manager. No going to sleep or anything... just stopped responding with the screen still on (wouldn't even turn the screen off when I pressed power!).

Guess I'll go to one of the custom roms. Too bad :(.

Was your SPB backup one of the "Full system restore" ones? If thats the case, you cant use it as it will replace some of the new rom files with old ones, and thusly break the rom.

idiotekniQues 10-26-2007 02:42 PM

my phone seems very stable without BT on. which doesnt make me happy but just reporting it.

idiotekniQues 10-26-2007 03:39 PM

i spoke to soon. locked up after a phonecall with bt off. soft reset.

Vinny 10-26-2007 04:01 PM

I've only experienced lock ups when making calls, happened twice now.