PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-01-2007, 09:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul
Carrier: Sprint

bushd is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
So why doesn't someone release a today plugin which will display the BT status on one line and allow us to toggle on/off to the other status? Certainly someone can do this if we can have a today plugin which allows us to search and display bt devices in range and connect.

I know I would love it if it was a program that could be put in the launcher on HTC Home so I could click launcher, see the icon which would change for on/off states, and then click the program launch which would just switch status.
Old 11-01-2007, 09:34 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
why dont u make a plug? you make it sound so easy
Old 11-01-2007, 11:24 PM
The Enforcer
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G, ViewSonic gTablet, BB Bold 9650

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasrabbit View Post
Forget the update. From the HTC download site:

NOTE: The ROM update version 2.16.651 posted on 10/24/2007 which had Bluetooth fixes has been removed. Update 2.16 caused some unanticipated conflicts in device performance. The Bluetooth fixes will be added to a future ROM update expected in early 2008. If you already updated your device to version 2.16, you can restore your device to the prior version by installing the file posted below. Please bookmark this webpage for future software updates.
Yes, we know. As I posted above there's a new sticky thread about this announcement and we ask that all discussion about be done there.

Use this thread ONLY to discuss the 2.16 ROM.

Thanks for the post, but please don't forget to search and read the sticky's before posting

---
Don't forget to Search first!
Old 11-01-2007, 11:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC 6800

texasrabbit is a n00b
Sorry, I did a search to try to find a fix for my memory leak and found the update link in the search. I was so exicted, I rushed to do the long-awaited ROM update. Any ideas on the memory leak issue?
Old 11-01-2007, 11:34 PM
The Enforcer

Pibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIPPibe38 is a VIP
Quote:
Originally Posted by texasrabbit View Post
Sorry, I did a search to try to find a fix for my memory leak and found the update link in the search. I was so exicted, I rushed to do the long-awaited ROM update. Any ideas on the memory leak issue?
The 2.16 ROM discussed on this post has been removed officially from HTC's site due other major issues like lockups when going in/out of roaming, d-pad stops working when BT is on, and others.

I think I read somewhere the direct link to the 2.16 ROM may still work. But HTC recommends that everyone go back to the 2.09 ROM now posted again on their site.

As far as memory leak, I have no information or knowledge whatsoever. Some folks say there's no leak, other say there is... I prefer to not even voice an opinion on the matter.
Old 11-02-2007, 06:01 AM
Lurker

myselfalex is a n00b
I have never had a phone where I had to update a ROM myself and I had a question about my contacts and stuff. I dont mind so much loosing background and installed program settings, but what might be a program to use that would backup my contacts and I would still be able to put them back in if I were to update my rom to this newer one. (Excuse my nubness I know there are backup things but I read many pages back in this post that some backup things wont work).
Old 11-02-2007, 08:33 AM
Lurker

cmille34 is a n00b
I too had a lot of troubles with the 2.16 right after upgrading. It has made my bluetooth connection with my Nissan Altima usable but it was locking up the phone a lot. Those lockup issues have seemingly disappeared. Strange.

2.16 has also improved performance for me significantly. I am still bummed about no working GPS when I clearly bought the phone with that as a advertised feature but I won't go down that path here.
Old 11-02-2007, 10:45 AM
The Enforcer

Quote:
Originally Posted by myselfalex View Post
I have never had a phone where I had to update a ROM myself and I had a question about my contacts and stuff. I dont mind so much loosing background and installed program settings, but what might be a program to use that would backup my contacts and I would still be able to put them back in if I were to update my rom to this newer one. (Excuse my nubness I know there are backup things but I read many pages back in this post that some backup things wont work).
First of all, you DON'T want to update to 2.16 since it was removed by HTC and they are recommending to stick with 2.09

Also, as far as backing up contacts... you can use PIMBackup, it has been discussed at least 3 times on this thread. Run a search for it
Old 11-02-2007, 11:34 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Mogul, HTC Apache

jamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuffjamesus knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to jamesus Send a message via Yahoo to jamesus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bushd View Post
So why doesn't someone release a today plugin which will display the BT status on one line and allow us to toggle on/off to the other status? Certainly someone can do this if we can have a today plugin which allows us to search and display bt devices in range and connect.

I know I would love it if it was a program that could be put in the launcher on HTC Home so I could click launcher, see the icon which would change for on/off states, and then click the program launch which would just switch status.
Check out SBSH PhoneWeaver. It is a phone profile today plugin that allows you to toggle all of the radios.

A mass of tears have transformed to stones now sharpened on suffering and woven into slings...
Old 11-02-2007, 01:36 PM
N00b

vegaspimp is a n00b
upgraded to 2.16, now wont sync with vista

I upgraded my rom to 2.16, however now when I try to sync with my computer (Vista), neither the computer nor the device see eachother. Has anyone had this problem? How do I fix it?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan