PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 11:55 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

JackG058 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thanks for your input

[QUOTE=Pibe38;109181]Are you sure it was the ROM's fault? Does your case have a magnet on it? I'm saying this because the same thing happened to me only to find out it was the magnet on my carrying case screwing it up.

How about a yes and no answer? Yes, my case is the Palm case for the Treo, and it has a magnet. However, with 2.09 installed I can cause the screen rotation to occur even with the device pulled from the holster and in my hand, and I can duplicate it every time. I just have the screen blanked, and then just partially and quickly open the keyboard and then reclose it. I turn on the screen, and its in landscape mode, even though the screen was off and the keyboard is closed. With the new ROM, I can rarely get it to do this. Maybe just an anomaly, I don't know. But I appreciate your input as I'll watch for the magnet. May be time to change cases I guess, because the Palm case has a much larger magnet than the stock HTC case.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Just an FYI-using the very good info from this site, I have kept the 2.16 ROM on my device, but changed my radio to the custom version 1.40 as found in the ftp section. Excellent work by the way, from the users in the ftp section.

After applying the 1.40 radio, I tried the roam, call, auto test, and I did not lock up. I also drove all the way in to work today, a 40 mile journey, and talking all the time on my Moto H700. My callers said it sounded loud and clear. I've received a couple of calls also while at work in the past two hours, and all is still well. So, unless something goes awry now, I have the best of both worlds. The update takes care of the alarm problem, the keyboard issues, and the Mogul seems a bit speedier. The custom radio takes care of the device locking up.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:12 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
Just an FYI-using the very good info from this site, I have kept the 2.16 ROM on my device, but changed my radio to the custom version 1.40 as found in the ftp section. Excellent work by the way, from the users in the ftp section.

After applying the 1.40 radio, I tried the roam, call, auto test, and I did not lock up. I also drove all the way in to work today, a 40 mile journey, and talking all the time on my Moto H700. My callers said it sounded loud and clear. I've received a couple of calls also while at work in the past two hours, and all is still well. So, unless something goes awry now, I have the best of both worlds. The update takes care of the alarm problem, the keyboard issues, and the Mogul seems a bit speedier. The custom radio takes care of the device locking up.

Is this truly a custom 1.40 radio rom? Or just the 1.40 radio extracted by itself?

The reason I ask is that others have tried mixing the stock 2.16 main rom and the stock 1.40 radio, and have reported that it doesn't solve everything and they still experience issues.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
if you are really wanting the new update i would suggest flashing the 1.40 radio to it. that radio is better. look for it in dcd part of the ftp. remember to look in the sticky for the how to and the unlocker.

good luck, cody
Old 10-29-2007, 12:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

TC1, it is the radio ROM found under the users section of the ftp site here on ppcgeeks. I was assuming it was a custom ROM. If I misspoke I apologize. I haven't seen the dpad issue yet, even without changing the radio. All I know is that the lockup hasn't happened anymore since I move to the 1.40 radio. I will of course report back if this changes.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:28 PM
TC1
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Titan

TC1 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackG058 View Post
TC1, it is the radio ROM found under the users section of the ftp site here on ppcgeeks. I was assuming it was a custom ROM. If I misspoke I apologize. I haven't seen the dpad issue yet, even without changing the radio. All I know is that the lockup hasn't happened anymore since I move to the 1.40 radio. I will of course report back if this changes.
I looked around the FTP site... it appears from the files there I'm guessing you are just using the standard 2.16 ROM and the previous 1.40 radio rom. If it works for you that's awesome, like I previously said, I've read threads where others have tried the same thing and for some reason it didn't help.

Thanks for keeping us apprised Jack, the more info the better.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTV Evo

Simpdapimp is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to Simpdapimp
Unlocker? where in the sticky would i look? im clueless.
Old 10-29-2007, 01:32 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: not
Carrier: sPriNt

codyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIPcodyppc is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to codyppc
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9093

this is really pretty easy. dont be scared.

also check out this thread.... http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=9927
Old 10-29-2007, 03:02 PM
Lurker

venemis_viper is a n00b
Angry im having touble downloading newer ROM

Has anyone else having problem downloading the new rom feom htc website. Because when i tried downloading it, i got downloaded in 1 sec with only 144/kb. When it supposed to be 52.2 mb and that takes some time to download it on to computer but i was like wow that was fast. When i clicked on the linked where i downloaded it it said "its not support by win32" and im now like wtf is this when it should have been supported and my computer is not f'd up or anything and its not like im running some alien version from outer space. It is running 32 bit everything. HELP ME WITH THIS CRAZY S***
Old 10-29-2007, 03:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

I did your search for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpdapimp View Post
Unlocker? where in the sticky would i look? im clueless.
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=5204

You will find it right there in post number 1. Read the directions, and it works flawlessly.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan