PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2007, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2
Carrier: Sprint

Gilliland is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
OK, so I'm starting to plan this upgrade. The first thing I have to do is to make sure to back up all the various personal things that are on the phone. And I thought that would be pretty straightforward, but it's becoming apparent that it's not. ActiveSync won't handle Contacts, Calendar, Email, etc. (Unless you use Outlook, which I don't.) And yet I can't see any obvious place in the file system where that stuff is stored.

How DO you best back up this stuff?

And what about the other directories? Can I just copy the entire folders "Application Data", "Documents and Settings", "My Documents"? Are there others that might have my stuff in them? Are there things in the three I just listed that should NOT be copied back to the new install?

Last edited by Gilliland; 10-24-2007 at 08:23 AM.
Old 10-24-2007, 08:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Palm Pre

sj808 is just getting started
If I have the Alltell ROM on my phone... should I flash back to the original sprint ROM and then run this update... or does this update ride over the Alltell joint?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:21 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: AT&T

krohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regularkrohnjw is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Quote:
Originally Posted by sj808 View Post
If I have the Alltell ROM on my phone... should I flash back to the original sprint ROM and then run this update... or does this update ride over the Alltell joint?
It will override it - I updated directly from the Alltell ROM
Old 10-24-2007, 08:32 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note-2

ycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regularycats is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
after I install the update, can I run my latest SPB backup .exe to reinstall my previous applications or will this mess things up?
Old 10-24-2007, 08:41 AM
Raheinm

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
everything works great here.. and i even installed sprint tv and it works.. the only thing that worries me, is the fact that i didnt have to subscribe to live and premium channels again, bc it was already enabled.. so im just gonna have to keep an eye on my bill
Old 10-24-2007, 08:54 AM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdecker79 View Post
Anyone having issues with the dpad? It works fine after a soft reset but after some time it kinda stops working. After a while if I use it it will work for a press or two but then stop..

Anyone?

This only happened after the latest rom upgrade.
Yup - same problem here. I guess we'll have to wait and see if this is a widespread issue. If so, it's back to the old ROM or back to the Sprint store for an exchange.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:03 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC EVO™ 3D

furiousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good workfuriousgtz is keeping up the good work
well I installed the rom and try to restore my file using spb backup it went back completely now its showing old rom. So I am downloading everything again new rom then putting all my programs back.
Old 10-24-2007, 09:24 AM
Regular 'Geeker

psywzrd is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by psywzrd View Post
Are you sure everything worked properly after the restore? The reason I ask is because I did a backup immediately before upgrading the ROM and then did a restore - my ROM version is showing as 2.08.651.4 (I'm pretty sure it was .3 at the end before), ROM date is 09/03/07 (same as the screenshot on the HTC web site but not sure if that's what it's supposed to be), Radio Version is 1.47.00 (which is the new radio version). Seems like not everything updated like it should have.

Did anyone else do a Sprite restore after upgrading the ROM? If so, please post what your Device Information is displaying. Thanks.
I'm bumping my post above because it's already buried several pages back. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Old 10-24-2007, 09:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

phidong is becoming a great contributor
I have updated to the new rom and installed most of my programs. RAM usage on boot is about the same as before (~22MB free) Overall it feels snappier and smoother than before, though that might be because it's such a fresh format. I've noticed the available RAM isn't dropping much. It's at 19MB right now, it usually drops significantly over night, which it hasn't done. Still going to watch it to see if it stays that way. Everything else is working fine for now, haven't encountered any major issues.
Old 10-24-2007, 10:02 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Mogul

JohnH59 is a n00b
Quote:
Originally Posted by ycats View Post
after I install the update, can I run my latest SPB backup .exe to reinstall my previous applications or will this mess things up?
I tried that and it seemed to work, but, I could not get BT to come on. I did a hard reset and everything was fine. I then re-installed all apps. I know it's better to do a clean install, but I was lazy. I also stopped the 'extra' stuff from Sprint by resetting before it install. I don't have a lot of sounds that I'm used to having. I may go back and allow these 'extras' to install so I can get those sounds.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Titan