PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2011, 11:23 PM
shawnfromhertz

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
dont update your tunderbolt

just updated my thunderbolt and now the hotspot is not free so if you use it like i do than dont do it.....so now how can i go back to old firmware
Old 07-08-2011, 11:28 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: dont update your tunderbolt

Quote:
Originally Posted by shawnfromhertz View Post
just updated my thunderbolt and now the hotspot is not free so if you use it like i do than dont do it.....so now how can i go back to old firmware
how was it free before? dont see why you just cant root it and flash a custom rom.
Wireless Tether and the Thunderbolt - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
Old 07-09-2011, 04:12 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
how was it free before? dont see why you just cant root it and flash a custom rom.
Wireless Tether and the Thunderbolt - Droid Forum - Verizon Droid & the Motorola Droid Forum
verizon was offering free tethering with new thunderbolts. personally i find the 3rd party ones better.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 07-09-2011, 04:13 AM
Almost a VIP

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
upgrading the software shouldnt effect your verizon account settings.
try calling verizon, it is supposed to be free on your plan so they should resolve the problem.

but if you still want to downgrade what firmware would you like to go back to?

feel free to pm me if you need any help

-david
Old 07-09-2011, 05:08 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
verizon was offering free tethering with new thunderbolts. personally i find the 3rd party ones better.
i see, i agree though about 3rd party apps.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:09 AM
shawnfromhertz

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
i wanted to use third party apps but i dont want to root my phone just suck and the root process is a b
Old 07-09-2011, 09:30 PM
#1 troll!
Pocket PC: Moto G5 Plus
Carrier: AT&T aka deathstar

fixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on repfixxxer2012 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 55 Post(s)

ive never used the hotspot app anyways. im running GB with the new radio and i love it and this phone!

Old 07-11-2011, 05:22 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc touch pro 2
Carrier: version

biggie123456 is a n00b

The free hotspot was only good till July 15
Old 07-15-2011, 08:40 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
i wanted to use third party apps but i dont want to root my phone just suck and the root process is a b
there are easy root apps. rooting isnt very hard. pm me and if you want i can help you through it
Old 07-15-2011, 08:43 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by biggie123456 View Post
The free hotspot was only good till July 15
the hotspot was only good until july 15th meaning it wont be free after that or meaning you cant sign up to get it free after that. are people who got it before july 15th grandfathered in with free hotspot? if it ends today do i have to call and cancel it? will they start charging me for it? thanks

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt