PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 01:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Motorola DROID
Carrier: Verizon

brandogg is keeping up the good workbrandogg is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Thunderbolt = talk & internet at same time (3G too!)

Not sure if anyone is aware of this, but even on 3G (as in CDMA Verizon), you can talk on the phone and use the internet at the same time using the Thunderbolt. I was under the impression that this was not possible with CDMA, but apparently it is. I just tested it myself (and no, WiFi is not turned on).
Old 03-20-2011, 01:27 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Arrive
Carrier: Sprint

smileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good worksmileyface22 is keeping up the good work
Wirelessly posted (TP2: Opera/9.80 (Windows Mobile; WCE; Opera Mobi/WMD-50433; U; en) Presto/2.4.13 Version/10.00)

Neat!
Old 03-21-2011, 05:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HD2
Carrier: T-Mobile

Talontsi150 is a n00b
Re: HTC Thunderbolt = talk & internet at same time (3G too!)

Yeah i did the same thing talk and browsed the net, and that made me switch from HTC Evo to the Tbolt. One more thing, I get 4g at my job and all i can say is OMG! I ran three different test. Using speednet app.

1. 8630 down 27057 Up.
2. 10062 down 33170 Up

Test 3 I went onto the internet to speakeasy.net ran the test and pulled
28045 down 7963 Up. My phone is killing my Home internet *Road Runner/Turbo boost*

P.S the number are not reversed from test 1. and 2.
Old 03-22-2011, 08:01 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Bonbons is a n00b

I'm trying to think how often I would actually use the talk and surf the internet feature..hmm
Old 04-01-2011, 07:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC: Touch > TP > TP2 > EVO 4G > EVO 3D
Carrier: USCC moved to Sprint

Earmuffs is becoming a great contributor

I have an EVO and always turn on my WiFi while I'm on speaker phone because I am pretty much the only computer resource my people have and am always looking up info or doing remote sessions from my phone (teamviewer/logmein) whilst talking on my phone. So that would be infinitely useful to me. It's the primary reason I considered switching to GSM if not for the awful networks (now worse thanks to AT&T being a baby ra*ping devil). I also liked the idea of a world phone (like my tp2). But primarily I wanted simultaneous data and voice if for no other reason than to be able to pull Nav mapping data whilst talking on the way to some place. Though a cache of SVG mapping data is still preferable as the time you need most to know where to go would be when your someplace unfamiliar with no cell reception to get directions and in that scenario you are up poop creek. So go go Gadget map caching and simultaneous voice and data!
Old 04-01-2011, 07:48 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonbons View Post
I'm trying to think how often I would actually use the talk and surf the internet feature..hmm
i agree but nice to know you can. its like on evo you can take pictures while in call but epic you cant....neither are a selling point.
Old 04-01-2011, 10:12 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

It would be nice to have this feature so as to be able to accept a call while doing research on the web... really cool!! Does it work tethered?

*Tinkerbell wonders if you can tether with the Thunderbolt yet...

Old 04-01-2011, 11:31 PM
Two-Time Mafiosi
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt

Kliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributionsKliptik should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via MSN to Kliptik

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinkerbell View Post
It would be nice to have this feature so as to be able to accept a call while doing research on the web... really cool!! Does it work tethered?

*Tinkerbell wonders if you can tether with the Thunderbolt yet...
Verizon does have the Wifi Hotspot free until sometime in May, at which point it's supposedly jumping to $20/month. I've used it on 3G and it works pretty well. It lost my data connection once and I had to SR to get it to connect again. Other than that no problems at all!
Old 04-01-2011, 11:41 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

Really cool! Thank you for the information!
Old 04-04-2011, 01:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt / HTC Evo Shift
Carrier: Verizon / Sprint

ufjason is becoming a great contributor

The test data given by the speedtest app is incorrect. The app doesn't communicate with the phone's chipset correctly. You're better off doing a speedtest using the actual website in your phone's browser to get a more accurate sampling. I ran the test before the phone was realease and have posted the video on another thread. Too lazy to go find it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talontsi150 View Post
Yeah i did the same thing talk and browsed the net, and that made me switch from HTC Evo to the Tbolt. One more thing, I get 4g at my job and all i can say is OMG! I ran three different test. Using speednet app.

1. 8630 down 27057 Up.
2. 10062 down 33170 Up

Test 3 I went onto the internet to speakeasy.net ran the test and pulled
28045 down 7963 Up. My phone is killing my Home internet *Road Runner/Turbo boost*

P.S the number are not reversed from test 1. and 2.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt