PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2011, 11:19 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Junk right now!
Carrier: Verizon

UpsidedownB is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via ICQ to UpsidedownB
Honestly how good is this phone ?

Been reading around and just saw that there is a good possibility that the Droid Bionic is on the chopping block. I have been waiting for this phone and even went as far as to sell my Samsung to pay for the ETF fee on that line so I would not have to add another line to my account. Still going to wait a bit and see if Motorola comes back with any info in the next week but my first choice was the Thunderbolt until the Bionic made waves. So my question is this what are the main positives of this phone and at that the dislikes ? I had a Evo at one point and loved it so hoping this thing blows the Evo out of the water! Thanks in advance!
Old 04-15-2011, 02:14 PM
H the F Up!RED DRAGONS!!
Pocket PC: TouchPro 2
Carrier: Big Red V

Whotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIPWhotahn is a VIP
I love my TBolt. I came from the DInc and it was a nice step up. The thing is faster than I need, does way more than I need, and is pretty damn purty. It is a great device. I'll admit I already want some of the new devices hitting the rumor scene, but In no way do I need them now that I have a TBolt......but don't tell my wife that.
Old 04-15-2011, 07:58 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to davidetkin511
Re: Honestly how good is this phone ?

I considered waiting for the bionic, but I like HTC sense. Its very, very fast. And i think it looks a lot nicer than the bionic!

Old 04-15-2011, 09:02 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

UpsidedownB is a n00b

May be the way to go, Only real thing i read negative about the Tb is the battery drain but I am aware of it and really it does not concern me. Still holding out on the Bionic till I get the dreaded news.
Old 04-16-2011, 01:54 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC TouchPro2 CDMA
Carrier: Alltel (Verizon)

codybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIPcodybear is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidetkin511 View Post
I considered waiting for the bionic, but I like HTC sense. Its very, very fast. And i think it looks a lot nicer than the bionic!
As much of a HTC fanatic and fanboy as I have been, I'm thinking about jumping ship to the Bionic. Which is strange since I have dissed every moto phone known to man since I had a razr when they first came out lol.
But HTC quality has gone down hill. I gave them the benefit of the doubt when the tp1 keyboard problem came out, and they decided to just make a tp2 instead of fixing the problem which is a big shun in my eyes but in my accountant eyes I understand why they didn't recall and redo the faults of the tp1. I still loved my tp2 and htc touch (vogue) and vowed to stay with htc, but their phone quality hasn't improved. The main thing that I hate is their contract with qualcomm (last I checked they were still contracted to them, please correct me if I'm wrong). And personally it's all about the tegra 2 and not the qualcomm POS processors.
Long story short, the Bionic is worth the wait!
Old 04-16-2011, 11:34 AM
Almost a VIP

davidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on repdavidetkin511 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

The thing with motos new phones is they just try to pack as much power into the device as they can. The phones battery isnt very big and i honestly dont think there is going to be a big difference between 1ghz and 2core-1ghz. HTC builds their phones very, very well. The thunderbolt is the best phone i have used. and i have very high standards.i have yet to find something i dont like about it and ive never said that about a phone before. The battery life was very bad until i turned 4g off, now it has pretty good battery life. I can easilly get through a day, and i use my phone a lot!

its not all about the highest specifications. you can get a computer with a 3tb hdd, 12gb ddr3 ram and a 12 core 6ghz cpu but the macbook with half of that is still going to work better
Old 04-16-2011, 07:53 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

UpsidedownB is a n00b

I agree HTC has always made great products but I have always had fantastic luck with Motorola products. Great reception and never any other issues. Only reason I am looking is the rumor mill going around is the Bionic is possibly on the chopping block but have not seen any major sites with it. And was told Verizon still has it in there system. Only time will tell I will wait a few weeks to make my decision. Thanks for the positive input.
Old 04-16-2011, 08:24 PM
Almost a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by UpsidedownB View Post
I agree HTC has always made great products but I have always had fantastic luck with Motorola products. Great reception and never any other issues. Only reason I am looking is the rumor mill going around is the Bionic is possibly on the chopping block but have not seen any major sites with it. And was told Verizon still has it in there system. Only time will tell I will wait a few weeks to make my decision. Thanks for the positive input.
no problem. if you have any questions pm me
Old 04-17-2011, 04:23 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2(Retired)/HTC Arrive(Sold)/HTC HD7
Carrier: T-Mobile

eric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIPeric12341 is a VIP
Mentioned: 54 Post(s)

HTC don't get no crap Moto

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt