PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Thunderbolt (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=307)
-   -   what device are you leaving for the thunderbolt? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141808)

vargo 04-25-2011 08:46 PM

Re: what device are you leaving for the thunderbolt?

My Smart phone journey started with verizon TP1 that phone became very buggy, VZW upgraded me to TP2. I loved this phone!! Then one day it got destroyed.. My Phone insurance gave me Samsung Omina 2. A tad better but UI sucked really bad. I downloaded SPB MS just to make it bearable. Well today I found out that I have 4 month early upgrade??? Not sure why, but what the hell I will go for it.

Now I have the HTC TB. So far I love it. Battery could be a tab better. But that really does not bother me.:angel4:

leeco 04-26-2011 05:59 PM

I gave my droid x to my DH to get the thunderbolt. Only thing I miss is SWYPE. otherwise, I'm Loving it. I'm at the edge of a 4g network area but the 3g on this phone still seems pretty darn good.

Looks like I need to update my info...I've always been a PDA girl, not really wanting to combine it with my phone. I had palm T5, then LD, moved to WM 5,6,6.5 with an apache for a couple of years, finally broke down and went smartphone and got a Droid X in Feb. I just couldn't wait for TB. I enjoyed the X but my hubs loved it so much he got me the TB last week.

Kliptik 04-26-2011 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leeco (Post 2091648)
I gave my droid x to my DH to get the thunderbolt. Only thing I miss is SWYPE. otherwise, I'm Loving it. I'm at the edge of a 4g network area but the 3g on this phone still seems pretty darn good.

Looks like I need to update my info...I've always been a PDA girl, not really wanting to combine it with my phone. I had palm T5, then LD, moved to WM 5,6,6.5 with an apache for a couple of years, finally broke down and went smartphone and got a Droid X in Feb. I just couldn't wait for TB. I enjoyed the X but my hubs loved it so much he got me the TB last week.

Swype BETA is available for the TB. The auto-space doesn't work right in the stock SMS app, but someone over at XDA has a working port for the TB. I'll PM you the details.

gum427 05-10-2011 02:15 PM

Just came over to the Thunderbolt from an HTC Imagio. Loved the phone and had no problems with it... :( until my work decided to changed from Exchange Server 2003 to Exchange Server 2010.

After this, my Imagio (Windows Mobile 6.5) and a coworkers HTC (Windows 6.1) both would not connect up to the new Exchange Server. We were the only Windows mobile phones. Everyone elses iPhones, BlackBerrys and Android phones all worked fine. Had no choice but to change phones.

The Thunderbolt connects up to the Exchange Server and my contacts and emails work great, but nothing from the Calender comes over at all.

I'm using the trial version of Touchdown to get emails, contacts, calender and tasks from the Exchange Server and everything seems good. I've got about 8 days left to decide on keeping the phone or going to an iPhone.

Steve

Current Phone: Thunderbolt
Previous Phones: HTC Imagio / HTC Touch Pro / Samsung i760

psycho_maniac 05-13-2011 12:44 PM

I went to the touch pro2, and I loved the thunderbolts screen size and i really hated all touchscreen phones. so i took the risk and bought a $300 used incredible and i absolutely LOVED it so I was for sure getting the thunderbolt. Im glad I made the switch

englishpanther 05-22-2011 12:15 AM

HTC Imagio - It was a great device thanks to the work of the community.

This Community has been there for my HTC Apache, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2 and the Imagio.

With Microsoft and Verizon trying to play Apple... i'm going to embrace the custom linux Roms!

P.S. The NRG ROMS have been my favorite for the last couple years. =D>

I haven't rooted so I am not a big fan of the thunderbolt yet.......

anonymity 05-24-2011 04:14 PM

I am happily leaving my TP2 behind for this much needed change. My TP2 carried on like a champ and, to it's credit, still works well for what it does. However, there are too many ways that it falls short and too many ways that the T-bolt is great for me to pass it up.

In fact... I've waisted about 2 hours at work today.

I just got it FedEx'd to me. :)

Promethazine 06-03-2011 10:02 AM

leaving behind my tp2 for my new thunderbolt which should be here today.

anonymity 06-03-2011 10:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Promethazine (Post 2110592)
leaving behind my tp2 for my new thunderbolt which should be here today.

Congrats! Let us know what you think. I'm really enjoying mine.

Sent from HTC Thunderbolt using Tapatalk.

Phil Canyon 06-06-2011 11:21 PM

DITCHING MY IMAGIO TOMORROW! THANK GOD AND YES I AM YELLING ON PURPOSE!