PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Thunderbolt (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=307)
-   -   what device are you leaving for the thunderbolt? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=141808)

Straitup27 03-16-2011 11:06 AM

what device are you leaving for the thunderbolt?

ok so i finally ordered my tbolt now that its been released and i hate leaving windows mobile 6.5.x but im not ditching it,just needed a device that was bada$$!!

im coming from a touch pro 2 and lord knows it has been the best phone i ever owned but its time for something faster,i think one of the reasons i jumped on the tbolt is lte is already where i live and it comes with a 32gb card which is awesome!!!

i ordered mine through wirefly for $199 and can't wait till its here friday!!!

hoping to see some of my touch pro 2 friends here and making new ones as well!!

its THUNDERBOLT TIME!!!! (24hrs from now at least)

streetracer8605 03-16-2011 06:29 PM

Re: what device are you leaving for the thunderbolt?

leaving a tp2 also, can't wait. i've been waiting for this phone since the leaked pics way back in august.

doogie63 03-16-2011 08:57 PM

I may switch from omina but need way to copy all contacts and txt msg over.

naudel 03-17-2011 08:32 AM

I might switch from Omnia to Tbolt. I hate leaving wm6.5 with all my familiar and very usefull programs. Hope I won't miss it too much...

krusty46 03-17-2011 12:53 PM

TP2 which I will miss. Slow but a great phone

a2ronm 03-17-2011 01:14 PM

Happily finally shedding Windows Mobile.........HTC/Verizon Imagio for Android!

BlindRacer 03-17-2011 02:32 PM

TP2. It's been horribly slow lately, I can't take it anymore. I'm super excited to make the switch to Android!

Going to definitely miss my keyboard though...oh well.

JSK0703 03-17-2011 04:01 PM

Just upgraded from a TP2. Loved that phone but it was due for an upgrade. Ended up paying $249 for the bundle with car charger, case and screen protectors.

santod 03-17-2011 05:04 PM

Right there with ya buddy. Leaving Old Faithful for the Thunderbolt as well.
Mine should also arrive on Friday.
Guess you'll have to put up with me some more. ;-)
Good seein' ya here.

skruff77 03-17-2011 05:24 PM

I want to ge the tbolt but i cant i get a samsung fasincate about 4 months ago ( cam from a TP2). but i want to be back on a HTC phone again. i hate samsung.

spaceboy 03-17-2011 05:45 PM

I bought my Tbolt today at the Verizon store ($249). Got the screen protectors, car charger and body glove for $15 additional dollars.

Saying goodbye to TP2 is still hard to do, but I am loving the Tbolt. It is very very fast and responsive. This is taking some time to get use to (as soon as you touch the screen, it happens).

JSK0703 03-17-2011 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spaceboy (Post 2069965)
Saying goodbye to TP2 is still hard to do, but I am loving the Tbolt. It is very very fast and responsive. This is taking some time to get use to (as soon as you touch the screen, it happens).

I agree. I will miss my TP2. But, the Thunderbolt has put a smile on my face. I can't put it down for more than 10 min.

Dr.8820 03-17-2011 08:06 PM

Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

Quote:

Originally Posted by santod
Good seein' ya here.

you will be missed in the winmo world...hope you enjoy your new phone!

jbh00jh 03-18-2011 08:53 AM

Waiting on FED EX now , will keep my INC as a wi-fi only to use at home for the kids.

flip983 03-18-2011 02:00 PM

I just upgraded from my Touch Pro 2 as well. Pretty sure I love the hell out of this Thunderbolt.

tiyaga13 03-18-2011 02:52 PM

htc touch pro with ssk kitchen rom retired thursday after activating thunderbolt. and I have a motorola droid x for sale my wife bought in december for $250.00. She wants the thunderbolt now.

Straitup27 03-18-2011 10:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by santod (Post 2069927)
Good seein' ya here.

awwwww snap!!! :notworthy: lol dude i had just programmed your # in not long before i read this!! thats awesome,hell yeah now i wont feel so cold and alone in a new world :pale: can't wait to see what the future brings!! :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.8820 (Post 2070020)
Wirelessly posted (WP7 Beta Tester: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 6.0; Windows CE; IEMobile 8.12; MSIEMobile6.0) Sprint T7380)

you will be missed in the winmo world...hope you enjoy your new phone!

what?? bet he don't leave homie just like you aint leaving and i aint yet either,can't forget your roots man!!! good seeing ya doc :cool:

TheSlyWolf 03-19-2011 01:16 AM

left the touch pro 2 as well which was running Energy...loved it when it was all setup but time to move on. Just got my tbolt today and i love it so far

Kliptik 03-19-2011 01:33 AM

I'm right there with ya, Straitup. I got my Thunderbolt yesterday, leaving my TP2 that I've had since it released. So far I'm loving it. Battery life is lacking, but with the specs of the phone, I suppose it's to be expected. Nothing some task managers won't help out. Once Verizon gets a solid WP7 device out there, I'll be there for sure!! In the mean time, enjoying the speed...

Glad to see some familiar peeps made the switch too.

Mike5150 03-19-2011 12:00 PM

Add me to the TP2 list also. Just got Tbolt yesterday, and it's an incredible phone! This is my first android experience and I'm pleased that the learning curve is not as bad as I was expecting.

soundmanmike 03-19-2011 12:09 PM

I just retired the TP2 also. It was a great phone for customizing but this Thunderbolt is amazing. It makes my TP2 look like a walkie talkie in every way. I have had it for a few days and getting use to Android was different but now that I got it customized some and have gotten use to it, this thing is worth every cent. I have zero complaints! If anyone hasnt tried it, use the voice command instead of typing, it is terrific, recognizes just about every word I have said perfectly! :headbang:

asenduk 03-19-2011 08:58 PM

Sadly, im leaving Sprint (EVO & EPIC)

ang1dust 03-19-2011 10:34 PM

left touch pro 2 for thunderbolt

mr.tivo 03-19-2011 11:14 PM

I'm also leaving sprint and my touch pro 2 for the thunderbolt. My wife is leaving her Moto-KRZR for one. About friggin' time.
I have two being held for me at a local ma and pop, just have to wait a few days for my contract to expire.

uofajac 03-20-2011 12:25 PM

Holy crap. The thunderbolt is ridiculously fast. Made my Evo feel like I was on a dial up connection. I'm in phoenix where sprint has yet to set up a 4g network. After seeing what the thunderbolt can do on the 4g lte network, I'm seriously considering a switch. It's faster than my wi-fi network at home. Thumbs up.

jbh00jh 03-20-2011 05:12 PM

Leaving my Incredible , my kids have it now.

Adrianh85 03-20-2011 06:09 PM

Wirelessly posted (AdrianH85(Droid I or EVO): Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.2.1; en-us; ADR6400L 4G Build/FRG83D) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

I have had every HTC device (in America on Sprint and Verizon) since the Apache 6700

tornadog 03-20-2011 06:50 PM

Leaving evo and sprint for thunderbolt and verizon lte.

Sent from my Nook Color using Tapatalk

Earmuffs 03-20-2011 10:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by naudel (Post 2069718)
I might switch from Omnia to Tbolt. I hate leaving wm6.5 with all my familiar and very usefull programs. Hope I won't miss it too much...

I left a TP2 on USCC for EVO on Sprint (basically same situation) WM6.5 Blows ass and leaks memory like a bitch. the Capacitive touch screen on the EVO/THUNDERBOLT is so much better than the shitty resistive touch screen on the TP2. I have not missed any apps at all. If you have problems finding an app you know people on the forum will help. Enjoy the ride it will be amazing i<3MyDroid.

Quote:

Originally Posted by asenduk (Post 2070769)
Sadly, im leaving Sprint (EVO & EPIC)

Why are you leaving if it is sad?

I would consider leaving for Verizon's better "4G" (Which reminds me, All this 4G stuff is a bunch of gimmicky bullshit) But I'd just end up switching back to Sprint for the EVO 3D or what ever it ends up being called. Can't wait for Avatar3D And Jackass 3D on my phone ooooohhh and videos of my Nephew in 3D @ hopefully 720p or higher.

[RANT=Oh yeah and why 4G is a bullshit gimmick is because current network standards already support "4G" Speeds
for instance GSM data rates can hit I think ~15-17 Mbps and CDMA EVDO Rev.A Can hit ~7 Mbps. Now seeing as how on USCC I was getting 1.5Mbps on 3g EVDO Rev.A and when I switched to Sprint I get 900kbps to 1Mbps
how about rather than just effing me 10 bucks a month for 4G service I don't get they saturate the fully functioning pipe they already have and get me a solid 5mbps.[/RANT]

*EDIT* I WAS/AM WRONG ABOUT WHAT SPEEDS WERE/ARE POSSIBLE ON CURRENT 3g on CDMA.

oberkc 03-21-2011 01:46 PM

I left my Omnia and trusted winmo 6.1. I am having withdrawal pains, but trust they will go away with familiarity with android. For those wondering about contact data from the Omnia...I usedgoogle sync, and my contacts, calendar, and EMail were instantly on the new Thunderbolt.

Kliptik 03-21-2011 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by oberkc (Post 2071539)
I left my Omnia and trusted winmo 6.1. I am having withdrawal pains, but trust they will go away with familiarity with android. For those wondering about contact data from the Omnia...I usedgoogle sync, and my contacts, calendar, and EMail were instantly on the new Thunderbolt.

Do you know a good way to keep the Thunderbolt and Android synced?

Straitup27 03-21-2011 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 2070521)
I'm right there with ya, Straitup. I got my Thunderbolt yesterday, leaving my TP2 that I've had since it released. So far I'm loving it. Battery life is lacking, but with the specs of the phone, I suppose it's to be expected. Nothing some task managers won't help out. Once Verizon gets a solid WP7 device out there, I'll be there for sure!! In the mean time, enjoying the speed...

Glad to see some familiar peeps made the switch too.

awesome!!! yet another friend lol,dude fonts for android isn't quite as cool as the app you made for wm,any plans to converting to android in the future??

great seeing you homie!!

oberkc 03-22-2011 03:17 AM

Quote:

Do you know a good way to keep the Thunderbolt and Android synced?
I am not sure I understand this question.

I keep my phone (now android), GMail webmail, and PC (with outlook) synced with contacts, EMail, and calendar. With WMobile, I used active sync with IMAP on the phone and google sync on the PC.

I have added Gsyncit on the computer to keep things better aligned with the google account data online, and the new Thunderbolt appears to keep the phone and the google data lined up, so all is well.

crzyjoker13 03-22-2011 09:27 AM

i left the imagio behind for the tbolt....

notyourmom 03-22-2011 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogie63 (Post 2069537)
I may switch from omina but need way to copy all contacts and txt msg over.

try ActiveSync/MS Exchange sync your phone directly to your google acct. thats what im doing.
**you must destroy all current email accts and activesync/ms exchange settings and reset the phone first.
**also, do not attempt to sync text msgs or tasks

Setting Up Your Windows Mobile Phone for Google Sync : Google Sync - Google Mobile Help

Kliptik 03-22-2011 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Straitup27 (Post 2071806)
awesome!!! yet another friend lol,dude fonts for android isn't quite as cool as the app you made for wm,any plans to converting to android in the future??

great seeing you homie!!

Yeah good to see a fmailiar name! I've somewhat stepped out of developing indefinitely, as everything else I have going is a higher priority right now. If I do start developing again, and if I look into Android, then trust me... KD-Font will be the first app I look into!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by oberkc (Post 2071868)
I am not sure I understand this question.

I keep my phone (now android), GMail webmail, and PC (with outlook) synced with contacts, EMail, and calendar. With WMobile, I used active sync with IMAP on the phone and google sync on the PC.

I have added Gsyncit on the computer to keep things better aligned with the google account data online, and the new Thunderbolt appears to keep the phone and the google data lined up, so all is well.

My bad. I meant to say Outlook and Android... But I think you answered the question... Thank you!

Straitup27 03-23-2011 12:11 PM

I heard that Kliptik,well either way im still gonna be using the app for a long time!! Loving this tbolt!

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

jfugate15 03-23-2011 11:32 PM

Leaving a 10 year commitment to Sprint going all the way back to the Samsung N200, N400, Sayno 7400, PPC6700, Mogul, Touch Pro, and Touch Pro 2 and jumped on the Verizon LTE 4G unlimited train for my shiny new Thunderbolt!!

ufjason 03-24-2011 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Earmuffs (Post 2071232)
I would consider leaving for Verizon's better "4G" (Which reminds me, All this 4G stuff is a bunch of gimmicky bullshit) But I'd just end up switching back to Sprint for the EVO 3D or what ever it ends up being called. Can't wait for Avatar3D And Jackass 3D on my phone ooooohhh and videos of my Nephew in 3D @ hopefully 720p or higher.

[RANT=Oh yeah and why 4G is a bullshit gimmick is because current network standards already support "4G" Speeds
for instance GSM data rates can hit I think ~15-17 Mbps and CDMA EVDO Rev.A Can hit ~7 Mbps. Now seeing as how on USCC I was getting 1.5Mbps on 3g EVDO Rev.A and when I switched to Sprint I get 900kbps to 1Mbps
how about rather than just effing me 10 bucks a month for 4G service I don't get they saturate the fully functioning pipe they already have and get me a solid 5mbps.[/RANT]

Verizon has a true next generation network. 4G is just a marketing term whereas 3G was an actual standard. LTE is what Verizon is using and I've shown a speedtest that gives my comcast speeds a run for their money. That is next generation. Verizon is just doing like everyone else and using the same easily consumable term of 4G. They never got much traction with EvDO after all. WTF is Rev A.? See my point?

ufjason 03-24-2011 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kliptik (Post 2070521)
Once Verizon gets a solid WP7 device out there, I'll be there for sure!!

The HTC Trophy is coming next month to Verizon but like all the CDMA WP7 phones, will be 3G.