PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt > HTC Thunderbolt Development
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2011, 11:03 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: VZW

nemesys504 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: [Kernel] Ziggy471 MECHA BETA Kernel UPDATED 3 May 11

I for one is excited that all this hoopla is finally over. @ Adrynalyne, I would like to apologize for calling you a piranha. Just felt like you had personal agenda against Ziggy seeing as you go from XDA to here (PPCGeeks) to ask for his source and seeing jcase pushing even further didn't make anything better. Ziggy is a great dev and it would be sad to see him go because of this GPL issue and I would defend him, name calling and all if I had too. ZIGGY = #1. I got your back.
Old 05-11-2011, 04:19 AM
Geek with a Gun
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by wascapsfan View Post
Hey Ziggy,

Thanks for everything that you do.
I have a question about mecha BFS 050111..
I am suddenly having incredible problems with my WIFI. Turns on,then shuts off then can't be found etc...
I'm too much of a novice for Mecha BFS 050311.
Is this a problem with the Kernel or with my Virusrom program (I have RC1B3).
What do you recommend???
Again Thank you for everything
I'm running Virus also, but not the BFS kernel, I'll switch over and give it a spin for longer. I've never had those issues at all, and I haven't touched any of the WiFi code, only thing I've done is lower the voltage for the WiFi.

As for the 3 May build, if you don't touch anything doing with the freqs, it's the same as the 1 May build. When I have some free time later this week, I'll look at writing an app to control the freqs.

Z

Government's first duty is to protect the people, not run their lives.
Ronald Reagan
Old 05-11-2011, 04:50 AM
Geek with a Gun
Threadstarter

ziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the communityziggy471 is a trusted member of the community

This is the last time this will be said, so pay attention....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcase View Post
Kid,

There was no harassment from me, I never insulted or ragged on Ziggy, I stated I wad unfamiliar with the circumstances, and made comments on the GPL compliance. 99.999% of my posts had to do with Mr X, and not Ziggy.
JCase is right, I had it posted but didn't publicly tell people, so I was in compliance partially, that's my fault. If I would have seen Andry's request, I would have taken care of it Monday and let him know, but since I only have a TARDIS for my avatar and not in real life, I can't go back and change that.

JCase, X can be somewhat harsh at times, I realise that, but he was the first person I thought of to contact when the shit hit the fan yesterday, didn't have many options due to where I was at the time. I've just grown accustom to his ways, and learned to deal with it. He was also the only one I could contact that had access here and my site.

Yes, it could have been handled better by all parties, but again, we don't own TARDIS' so we can't go back and change it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. X View Post
100% of your posts were directed to me, lets keep this civil and not clutter up this thread any more then it has been.

I have not cleaned it on your request. I will wipe it if this continues.
X, if anyone is going to clean MY thread in MY forum, it will be me. I have no issue with other mods/admins taking care of rule violations in the here, but there's no reason to clean the thread at this time.

Yes, it will most likely be cleaned down the road, but that will be due to standard house keeping of the thread and not to get rid of the posts just to get rid of them.

All,

I would like to think that my source speaks for itself, I know there are still issues in it, and I'm still working on getting those fixed right now. I finally got things compiling cleanly after my fresh install of Ubuntu 11.04 this last weekend, to include fixing some issues with gcc 4.5's new warnings. Since late Nov/early Dec, I've been doing heavier mods to the code than most devs out there, and this causes problems, I understand this risk, and have chosen to accept and attempt to mitigate it.

I still plan on getting Frankenstine and Mecha merged, but I have more work to do on Frankenstine prior to doing that. My next releases are going to be for Frankenstine and not Mecha, I owe those guys something new. I also plan on adding AOSP support into both kernel trees soon.

Finally, I'm also working on doing a complete, one stop shop write-up on how I approach Kernel development. This will include the full set up I use, all helper scripts, and why I did some of my patches. This was part of the reason I did the full fresh install last weekend, so that I could get the full list of what I had to do to get everything working, plus I wanted to go back to 32bit, x64 apps were killing me.

Now back to the regularly scheduled thread......

Z
Old 05-11-2011, 11:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Mecha

eurotrash323 is a n00b

Quote:
Hey Ziggy,

I am suddenly having incredible problems with my WIFI. Turns on,then shuts off then can't be found etc...
What do you recommend???

I've been running the 5/2 BFS kernel with RC1B3 since, well, 5/2 and haven't had any wifi problems. Honestly haven't used wifi tooo much but its running fine now and I've never been kicked off.

....glad things got resolved.
Old 05-13-2011, 04:40 AM
Geek with a Gun
Threadstarter

Quote:
Hey Ziggy,

What do you recommend???
Quote:
Originally Posted by eurotrash323 View Post
I've been running the 5/2 BFS kernel with RC1B3 since, well, 5/2 and haven't had any wifi problems. Honestly haven't used wifi tooo much but its running fine now and I've never been kicked off.
Alright, I switched over to the BFS build for a few days, no issues what so ever with WiFi. I use WiFi extensively here at home and at work, both are cellular black holes, the house because of it's location and work is due to RF shielding.

Z
Old 05-14-2011, 04:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Thunderbolt, d1

detox246 is a n00b

up until you 5/2 kernel i had been running strictly BFS and when 5/3 dropped i gave CFS a shot and WOW i like it even better. I have tried almost every kernel i know available and its no comparison that yours run the best on my device. Great job once again! Look forward to future development from you
Old 05-14-2011, 06:04 PM
Lurker

rjsshadows is a n00b

Ziggy is there a way of changing the voltages? I'm a huge fan of your kernel but I love the ability to change voltages on the imoseyon leankernel.
Old 05-15-2011, 06:44 AM
Geek with a Gun
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsshadows View Post
Ziggy is there a way of changing the voltages? I'm a huge fan of your kernel but I love the ability to change voltages on the imoseyon leankernel.
I've had the sysfs VDD patch in there forever, so yes, you can change it however/whenever you like.

Z
Old 05-15-2011, 01:39 PM
Lurker

rjsshadows is a n00b

Do you edit it in the Etc/int.d/ folder?
Old 05-16-2011, 03:00 AM
Super Senior VIP Member
Pocket PC: Nexus 6p
Carrier: Att StraightTalk

psycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIPpsycho_maniac is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via MSN to psycho_maniac Send a message via Skype™ to psycho_maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by detox246 View Post
up until you 5/2 kernel i had been running strictly BFS and when 5/3 dropped i gave CFS a shot and WOW i like it even better. I have tried almost every kernel i know available and its no comparison that yours run the best on my device. Great job once again! Look forward to future development from you
Can you tell me why you think CFS is better?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > HTC Thunderbolt > HTC Thunderbolt Development

Tags
kernel, mecha, ziggy471