PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2009, 09:13 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

Sleefer is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Couple of questions: screen off / sounds

Just picked up the snap for $29 from BB and it seems to be a good phone. I used my upgrade credit to get this as my F&F phone choices are limited.

1) How do you get the screen to turn off / go to standby? I've done the 'hold the red button then select 'power off' from the quicklist' but that is tedious and i don't think it's what I am looking for. On my touch pro I hit the power button and it shuts screen off.

2) Any automatic screen lock, like on treo pro? probably coincides with power method off.

3) Also, I've selected the 'vibrate' profile, but yet still get sounds when hitting the call button and also when receiving text messages, etc. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
darren
Old 10-10-2009, 01:50 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: The Now Network

mulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on repmulhiny is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Couple of questions: screen off / sounds

You just have to wait for the screen to go off. If you go thru the settings you will find a setting to auto-lock the keys when the backlight goes off. You can manually lock by holding down the home key (this is what I do). The profile settings are only for ringer and alerts. You must use the volume rocker to mute the phone sounds.

"I am Mulhiny and I am a flasher"..wmdunn
"I am Mulhiny and I'm a phone junkie"..Riley
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > Windows Smartphones > Devices > HTC Snap