PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC MyTouch 4G

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2011, 06:03 PM
Chillin' with my Geeks!
Pocket PC: Epic 4G & Iphone is my toy :)
Carrier: Sprint/PPCGeeks

GirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributionsGirlGoneGeek should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
MyTouch 4G [HOW TO] compilation

How can I install non Android Market applications on a MyTouch 4g?
To allow the installation of non Android Market applications, from the Home screen press Menu > Settings > Applications and enable Unknown sources

How do you link a contact to Facebook on a MyTouch 4g?
In the Contacts application, select any contact. Tap the link icon in the upper right corner then select from the linking options available

How can I tell how much free memory I have left on my device?
From the Home screen tap Menu > Settings > SD & phone storage and look for Internal phone storage

How do I switch between recent programs?
From the Home screen tap Menu > Press and hold the Home button to show the recently accessed programs. Settings > SD & phone storage and look for Internal phone storage

How do I transfer files between my phone and other devices via Bluetooth?
Once the phone is paired with the remote device, you can send pictures and videos by pressing All programs > Gallery > tap and hold the pictures/videos you want to share > Share > Bluetooth and select the Bluetooth device you want to share the file with

How do I setup an Internet email account?
From the All Programs screen, tap Mail. If this is the first Email account, follow the on-screen prompts to setup the desired type of email. If this is not the first Email account, tap Menu > More > New account and follow the on-screen prompts

How do I synchronize my phone with my Google account?
Your phone is setup by default to automatically sync with your Google account, if you have set one up already. To setup a Google account, please press Menu on the Home screen, then tap Settings > Accounts & sync > choose Add Account > Select Google then tap Next and follow the onscreen instructions to enter the account information.

If you don't want to synchronize automatically, press Menu on the Home screen, then tap Settings > Accounts & sync and then uncheck Background data and Auto-sync

How do I setup email using Microsoft Exchange Server on a MyTouch 4g?
You can sync with a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2 (SP2) or later versions. On the All Programs menu tap Mail. Follow the on-screen prompts to setup the email account. At the end of the wizard, select the type of information you want to synchronize and then tap Finish setup. Note that you may need information from your Exchange Server Administrator to complete the setup. Consult them for any necessary extra settings.

How do I use Internet Sharing (use your phone as a modem) on a MyTouch 4g?
Connect the phone to the computer using the provided USB cable. When the device is connected, drag the notification bar down and tap Select to change USB connection type then tap USB Tethering. Note: the appropriate feature must be added to the plan to allow this function to work

How do I setup a VPN on a MyTouch 4G phone?
To setup a VPN on your phone, please press Menu on the Home screen, then tap Settings > Wireless & networks > VPN settings > Add VPN and select a type of VPN you want to create then input the VPN Settings. Press Menu > Save when you are finished.

NOTE: Please ask your IT administrator for your VPN settings.

How do I extend the backlight time?
To adjust the time before the screen turns off after a period of inactivity, the phone screen turns off to conserve battery power. You can set the idle time before the screen turns off. From the Home screen tap Menu > Settings > Display > Screen timeout. Tap the time before the screen turns off.

How do I adjust the backlight?
The backlight is set to auto-adjust to the brightness of the room. To manually adjust the backlight, tap Menu > Settings > Display > Brightness. Adjust the setting as desired.

What is the Extended Home screen?
Press Home, then slide your finger horizontally across the screen to go to the left or right side of the extended Home screen.

What is the Leap feature?
You can view all home screens at the same time by making a pinching motion on any home screen; or you can tap on the home button twice. Simply tap on the desired home screen to view it.

Can I output my screen to a TV/projector/etc?
You can use the Screen Share application to output Pictures, Videos, and Music to a DLNA-capable remote device. Other applications do not support this function

How do I customize the MyTouch 4g homescreen?
You can customize your Home screen to display applications, shortcuts, and widgets. Add an application, widget, or shortcut to the Home screen.
1.Tap and hold a vacant spot on the Home screen or press Menu > Add to home
2.Select Widget, Shortcut, or Folder from the pop-up menu
3.Select the desired item to place on the home screen
4.The item is added to the Home screen

To remove an icon from the Home screen:
1.Tap and hold the icon that you want to remove
2.Slide the icon to the Remove trash can at the bottom of the screen

How do I copy files, music and video between a MyTouch 4g phone and PC?
To transfer files from your computer to your phone’s storage card, you need to set the phone’s storage card as a USB drive. Connect the phone to the computer using the USB cable, then choose Disk drive from USB connection type in the notifications slider. The storage card is now mounted as a USB drive. Drag and drop the desired files to your PC to back them up.

If you wanna make the world a better place take a look at yourself and then make a change ~Michael Jackson

Last edited by GirlGoneGeek; 02-24-2011 at 06:13 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC MyTouch 4G