PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2008, 12:15 PM
Elite Team Member
Pocket PC: 6700, 6800, 6900, 6850, Q, i730, Athena tp2 ++++
Carrier: Sprint and ATT

AstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIPAstainHellbring is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: AT&T branded Tilt or unbranded Kaiser?

The underlying hardware is the same minus the front camera and all the software can so easily be gotten if u want the TYTN II preloaded software. There is a sim unlocker now as well so one can easily use the tilt on tmobile. Also the TOMTOM that u got is only a taster edition so be warned.

Donate to TP2 Elite Team: http://alturl.com/5in6
Old 03-25-2008, 12:41 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: AT&T 8525

droeun is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: AT&T branded Tilt or unbranded Kaiser?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDawg View Post
So I was watching some you tube videos of the Tilt. I got to one that was an unbranded Kaiser (or Tytn 2, whatever). Instead of AT&T it had HTC on the top...

Anyway, it had a camera on the front for video calls, and appeared to have all the other features of the AT&T branded device.

Does anyone know if everything works on the unbranded version on AT&T? Would the video calling work? And the push to talk? How about the MMS?

Any other issues I should be aware of before I buy an unlocked Kaiser?

I'm not a current AT&T customer, but I'm seriously thinking about leaving Sprint and getting a Tilt. But if the AT&T branded unit has less features than the unbranded unit, I'd rather go that route...
The unbranded Kaiser should have the exact same hardware, just with a front camera. You just have to configure it for AT&T MMS. I believe PTT is a feature exclusive to AT&T ROMS, (special hardware?) but I might be wrong. 3G is available in most major cities, and I now have 4 bars/3G where I had only 3 bars/Edge before (Washington, DC area). It's slowly spreading, but might not be available if you live out in the woods. I can' t speak for video calling since I've never used it, but it should work since it's a feature of the phone/rom and is independent of network provisioning (although they offer this for a fee).

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > General Windows Mobile Discussions > Legacy WM Devices > HTC Kaiser