PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-18-2009, 11:03 PM
meanngreen

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Re: HTC Imagio ''Screen Protector''

$5 pack of 5 at Wally World. Cut it down and fits perfect. Worth every penny. And have 4 more left when this ones is scratched!
Old 11-19-2009, 12:19 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

cslawren is keeping up the good workcslawren is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)

For those still on the fence or who have used the Zagg stuff, hear me out. The Zagg product is awful IF you don't like spongy feeling protectors. The kind that you poke with your stylus, create a dent, and then it goes back to normal...that's what this is. Get the Boxwave product. Anti-glare is what I got. If you've ever had an iPod Touch, most of the screen protectors for them are the static (not static window cling), non-adhesive, stiff protectors that are super easy to apply and are slick and don't cause your finger to skip over the surface when you swipe it. This is EXACTLY what I was looking for, and Boxwave is just that. I switched from Zagg to Boxwave anti-glare and I won't be looking back.
Old 01-09-2010, 04:21 AM
Lurker
Carrier: Globe

dolldelight is a n00b

It has been just two weeks and I already scratched my Imagio. I honestly could say that it was cos of the stylus, since I either use my fingertips or stylus for my phone. I am such a noob when it comes to this, cos I really believed using the stylus would be less damaging than using my fingertips, with the thought that the stylus was ideally made for the phone. But it wasn't and my phone has this hairline scratch which shows when the backlights are on. It's really depressing cos it's in the middle of my screen. I've been reading about scratch removers (applesauce, displex, etc.) but I really don't have the guts to apply anything on the screen for the fear of simply aggravating the damage. So now, I am opting for protection, especially that from Invisible Shield. I have read from this thread, forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58588 that Invisible Shield is able to hide scratches, and one even had his phone's crack covered with it. However, posts in this current thread warn against Invisible Shield's sticky material. So you see, I am really torn. I would like to at least hide the scratch and then be able to protect my phone. Could Boxwave Antiglare or Bodyguardz do this?
I hope somebody helps cos the scratch is close to driving me mad.
Old 01-09-2010, 05:56 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

rm_raymond is a n00b

I have the ZAGG Invisi sheild on mine and have had no problems with it. It was easy to install since they changed the application from a spray to a sponge type of material. I took about 5 mins to install. I have had a ZAGG on all my phones and never had a problem with them. They have a life time replacement guarantee if it ever scratches, or even if the phone has to be replaced they will replace it for free
Old 01-11-2010, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: XV6900
Carrier: VZ

waycoolkennel is becoming a great contributor

I went with http://phantomskinz.com/ WOW ! Awesome product.. the screen protector is ULTRA clear and your finger just glides across it.. I had originally tried one off ebay.. it sucked. Was too rubbery and tacky.. your finger would stub across the screen making a mess when using Swype keyboard..

9.95 for TWO screen protectors.. AWESOME !
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-11-2010, 07:59 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio: MyClean 1.8 ROM

m_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regularm_s_ifland is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

BOXWAVE is all I have to say.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:29 PM
kspeck

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

I purchased the Invisible Shield from ZAGG

Price was 25.00 and it is great.

The installation takes about 15 to 20 min (FOLLOW the instructions and CLEAN your hands)

After letting it set for 12 hrs (sleep time) It is great.

Running the Stylus accross the screen no longer leaves scratches or mars, like other screen protectors.
Old 02-10-2010, 02:44 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

fwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stufffwaits knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dolldelight View Post
It has been just two weeks and I already scratched my Imagio. I honestly could say that it was cos of the stylus, since I either use my fingertips or stylus for my phone. I am such a noob when it comes to this, cos I really believed using the stylus would be less damaging than using my fingertips, with the thought that the stylus was ideally made for the phone. But it wasn't and my phone has this hairline scratch which shows when the backlights are on. It's really depressing cos it's in the middle of my screen. I've been reading about scratch removers (applesauce, displex, etc.) but I really don't have the guts to apply anything on the screen for the fear of simply aggravating the damage. So now, I am opting for protection, especially that from Invisible Shield. I have read from this thread, forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58588 that Invisible Shield is able to hide scratches, and one even had his phone's crack covered with it. However, posts in this current thread warn against Invisible Shield's sticky material. So you see, I am really torn. I would like to at least hide the scratch and then be able to protect my phone. Could Boxwave Antiglare or Bodyguardz do this?
I hope somebody helps cos the scratch is close to driving me mad.
The Boxwave protectors will "hide" small scratches too from my experience. Deeper ones will likely still show a bit, but the very thin/light stuff seems to get masked by the boxwave protectors.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:12 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Imagio
Carrier: VZW

Timmy Likes to Click is keeping up the good workTimmy Likes to Click is keeping up the good work

I bought from PhantomSkinz

http://phantomskinz.com/

I also bought this product for the iPod Touch.

You get two for $9.95...

I also used this coupon code : WINTER33

This got me 33% off order...
Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Lurker

smartphoneguru is a n00b

The HTC Imagio is my 9th smartphone in 10 years and I have always bought some kind of screen protector. For my Imagio, I stopped at a cell phone accessory kiosk at my local mall and for $5 the guy put a screen protector on perfectly, first try, no bubbles. I'm going back there from now on.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio