PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Internet Sharing on the Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=89436)

Nicaragüense 11-06-2009 11:31 PM

Re: Internet Sharing on the Imagio

bt is good enough for surfing and wow. maybe i will give the wifi a shot. but i'd still like the option.

Humpa 11-06-2009 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicaragüense (Post 1306067)
bt is good enough for surfing and wow. maybe i will give the wifi a shot. but i'd still like the option.

You will have the option. Just have to wait for the custom ROM's
WiFi is simpler and faster though. Just turn it on from the phone and that's it. Your laptop will automatically connect (once you set it up, of course). Plus you can let others use it too if you want.

Nicaragüense 11-06-2009 11:49 PM

can it be secured through wep? does it make ther phone get really hot.. this is the reason i stopped using the wifi tether when i had the omnia.

Humpa 11-07-2009 12:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicaragüense (Post 1306095)
can it be secured through wep? does it make ther phone get really hot.. this is the reason i stopped using the wifi tether when i had the omnia.

I used it for a few hours straight on a couple of occasions. And I picked the phone up right after I was done and I never noticed anything. I didn't check for heat, but I'm an electronics tech and I would have noticed (I would hope!!!).
You can use wep, you can even use wpa2
It uses some juice though, so plug it into the wall.

Nicaragüense 11-07-2009 12:12 AM

Sweet.. i will give it a go.. I don't mind doin uSB sometimes you wanna move around and i always end up yankin the phone off the couch or something lol.. That Omnia Scarred me for life lol..

Nicaragüense 11-07-2009 03:44 AM

i got it working .. so far soo good..

t0adman 11-09-2009 10:35 PM

I applied the method in post 6 and it works great. However, my battery usage is horrible all the sudden. My phone lasted fewer than 6 hours on a full charge. Are there services that start running and don't turn off with the updated Comm Manager? Any solution to the battery consumption issue?

Edit: My backlight is also staying on all the time (hence the battery use). It dims but never turns off and I've checked the settings. This is an odd side effect of this Inet sharing mod.

Salamando 11-10-2009 10:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by t0adman (Post 1314191)
Edit: My backlight is also staying on all the time (hence the battery use). It dims but never turns off and I've checked the settings. This is an odd side effect of this Inet sharing mod.

Yeah that was a nasty side effect. You can fix it by going to Settings<All Settings<System<Power<Advanced and clicking the boxes to turn off backlight and turn off device. Worked for me anyway.

ahearn 11-10-2009 02:30 PM

I use PDANet but it's not free. It uses either USB or WiFi, but not Bluetooth.

Humpa 11-10-2009 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ahearn (Post 1315978)
I use PDANet but it's not free. It uses either USB or WiFi, but not Bluetooth.

wifi? Does pdanet have wifi hotspots or something?