PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-22-2012, 06:24 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: verizon's imagio
Carrier: Straight talk's at&t

Daryl is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
phone is security unlocked but is it fully unlocked to install roms?

i have a htc imagio and was tring find out if im able to put roms in it to fix mms problems.
lines read
whit100 32m ss-bc
spl-1.01.01 inex
microp(led) 0x03
microp(key) 0x06
turbo hw/turbo sw
tp mfg data
504,524 800,852
807,199 220,199
217,845 calibrated

Thanks Daryl

Last edited by Daryl; 07-22-2012 at 09:04 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 01:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Daryl is a n00b
Re: phone is security unlocked but is it fully unlocked to install roms?

Ok maybe this will help understand what im asking. I'm new to this and would like to change roms but not sure what i need or how to do so.
Thanks Daryl
Old 07-23-2012, 01:04 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

You need to flash HSPL to the device to unlock the bootloader (it actually replaces the bootloader with an unlocked one) and you can flash ROMs after that.

See thread below, read the whole post before you flash.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/imagio-dev...-hard-spl.html
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 07-23-2012, 04:35 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Daryl is a n00b

after going through the link posted and a little more looking wouldn't the first line of what my phone reads mean im already unlocked "spl-1.01.01 inex" or am i misunderstanding something. If im understanding correct how do i run new files to the phone?
Thanks Daryl
Old 07-23-2012, 05:14 PM

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

I have never owned an Imagio, on all of the WinMo phones I have owned, when flashing HSPL, for the SPL version it would actually say "HSPL x.xx.xx" or something, that's why I assumed you were still on a stock SPL. Maybe the Imagio works differently. If it it not unlocked and you try to flash a ROM, it will just fail the flash, your phone should be fine.

Here are the ROMs

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/imagio-development/

what you do is find the one you want, let's say this one:

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/imagio-dev...11-rc-1-a.html

you make sure that your phone is connected to your computer and that the Winmo phone manager actually recognizes it (with the green circle or whatever). Once it is recognized, just have your download ready, it should have a program called "RUU.exe" or RomUpgradeUtility.exe or something like that, just run that and follow the steps.

Be warned though it will erase EVERYTHING on your phone, so have your shit backed up and realize that it will wipe your phone. Do NOT disconnect your phone while something is flashing, it CAN ruin your phone completely. Also, read any special instructions for that ROM.

I have flashed literally hundreds of ROMs on dozens of devices (WP7, Android, WinMo) and never "bricked" a phone, it's because I READ shit before I flash anything.

If you are unsure, post a thread like you just did, it is better to look ignorant than to have a brick.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:31 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Daryl is a n00b

thanks the one i want to run is Total Commander.cab but not sure how.
Also lookin like a idiot not a problem here cause i am with this totally new to me.

Last edited by Daryl; 07-23-2012 at 05:34 PM.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daryl View Post
thanks the one i want to run is Total Commander.cab but not sure how.
Also lookin like a idiot not a problem here cause i am with this totally new to me.
lol, that is just a cab file. That is not a ROM.

a ROM is like a whole new operating system (like going from Mac OS to Windows, or Windows XP to Windows 7) total commander is just a .cab file, which is like an EXE file on a computer. Just move the file to your phone, and use the explorer to run the file, it will install the program.
Old 07-23-2012, 05:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Daryl is a n00b

like i said im new to this and appreciate all the help. after trying this fix i seen a few roms worth looking into.
Thanks again,
Daryl
Old 07-23-2012, 06:52 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Daryl is a n00b

once i install the totally commander what do i do to fix my mms?
Old 07-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Sprinkler of Pixie Dust
Pocket PC: Tin Can ^^)
Carrier: Verizon

Tinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation levelTinkerbell can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 75 Post(s)

What is wrong with your MMS? Did you flash a custom Rom, or still using the shipped one?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio