PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-19-2010, 12:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: verizon

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Apps for Imagio

Ouch Trooper! And Ride33, I don't know how many apps I installed on my WM phone, only to have to uninstall becouse they didn't work. Thats called personalizing, and its well worth it. There have been some apps that werent tested for my phone (Imagio) but work great! Just start throwing stuff on and see what happens.

Don't be afraid to soft reset either. Ive had to soft reset more times than I called people the first few days I had the phone. And my wife was starting to get a little pissed becouse my memory would get too full so none of her texts would go through.

But now, I have this bad boy almost perfect. Sure, we could tell you what does and doesn't work, we could tell you what apps are good and what apps are crap. But then, as trooper sorta put it, going into a music store and asking if there is any good music, what I think is good you will think of as crap. Take some chances and have fun with it, instead of flaming those of us on here that have gone through what you should!
Old 03-19-2010, 12:36 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: xv6850, xv6900, XV6975
Carrier: Whor-izon

kilroy1stcav is keeping up the good workkilroy1stcav is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by Survivalism View Post
Thanks for the links man! from the first one i got the wifi remote access ( holy crap guys check it out if your in the dark.. way cool )

also got the HD2 proximity sensor lock thing, it uses the light sensor to turn off the screen / lock the phone when you put your phone in your pocket, works good and is way cool.

EDIT: the proximity sensor doesnt actually work quite right for me unfortunately screen keeps flashing on and off.

I had that problem to, and I upgraded my Rom to the Latest NRG ROM and the problem went away and it works correct, not once has the screen started flashing again. So maybe you just need to try a different ROM and that will fix your issue also. Definitely a great app to have, I hope some one will cook it in.

Always the newest Energy COOKIE ROM
Old 03-19-2010, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: 1
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

Ride33 is just getting started

The point of the thread was not to tell me what apps to put on my phone but more of a thread to let everyone share as to what they liked and if it worked, that is the point of any forum. I am not afraid of trying diff apps just seams like a pain in the a** to find them. Then when you do you never get a good explanation as to what it does exactly. Trust me i have looked on google (seached win mobile apps, Imagio apps, which ones work on 6.5 ect...) Sucks.

I would get the Iphone but the IT Dept won't allow it so here i am. And actually love the Imagio so not at all disappointed. Also if you have been using a Windows phone so long than you should know that forums like this are to help everyone with getting the most out of there phone, not coming on a telling people to do work. I got a job and do not have time to play with the phone all day!

Last edited by Ride33; 03-19-2010 at 01:37 PM.
Old 03-19-2010, 02:19 PM
mhrc4

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ride33 View Post
Thanks frobins and azieba. I have checked out freecaddie just not sure how acurate it is. i will check it out when the course opens up. I wasnt sure if golf logix worked for windows. if it does it looks like that would be great.

Super trooper 64 checked out tons of apps that mean absolutely jack to nobody. and i am pretty aware that this a window phone. any cool app that comes out that they show on tv is for Iphone, droid or blackberry. If you don't have a list of apps that work for the Imagio --zip it NOOB
you have been on the site 3 months, you are hardly anything but a NOOB yourself. Also, the guy you are calling a NOOB has been here longer than yourself.

Learn some respect.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-19-2010, 06:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: verizon

jabson is keeping up the good workjabson is keeping up the good work

I don't have time to list all the games and apps that I have installed, and probably wont get to it this weekend. If you check back to this Monday afternoon, I wil post what I have installed, but as to what doesn't work, that I may not be able to help you with.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-20-2010, 10:13 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Thanks jabson. Any help is greatly appreciated.
Old 04-05-2010, 11:24 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hey why is it that apps like ebay and or espn or pretty much anything that comes out, windows phones can not get? Just curious.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:18 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio / Moto Droid

startover25 is a n00b

Ride, we have jobs too yet still find the time to look here: forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100760 before starting a new thread 2 down from the one that answers our question. Show some respect, be polite, and look for the info before slamming people who tell you where it is. 4th phone and you're still not familiar with how to customize it? Try the link I gave you or over @ xda developers. Other than that, you're on your own. You catch more apps with honey than flinging the NOOB word around, keep that in mind.
Old 04-06-2010, 12:53 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Are you kidding me Start over. First off this is not my 4th phone never said that it was super t. Second i did look at Probably the best thread on here as you have listed. Yet as far as apps that i am looking for such as EBay just to have an example. I dont see that listed. Oh yeah cuz it doesnt exisit. That is what the question was (why) And by the way supper trooper is the one that started bashing saying Have i heard of Google. I gave respect to anyone that gives help. Some of the guys on here give the best help and dont have to and i always thank them and they know it. I asked a simple question if everyone would just read the 3rd post(Also why is it that every app out there is for the I phone or for Droid or Blackberry?) Than some of you started to get critical. Up until now this forum was about helping not bashing for asking a question.
Old 04-06-2010, 02:44 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio / Moto Droid

startover25 is a n00b

My apologies for misquoting you on the amount of phones you've had. However, the disrespect started with "If you don't have a list of apps that work for the Imagio --zip it NOOB" -Ride33. There IS a list. Blue_94_trooper asked if you'd ever tried Google because you were asking a question that had already been answered with it's own post (a sticky one at that). Your follow up question was regarding why don't they have apps like ESPN and EBAY for WinMo phones like they do Droid, Blackberry and iPhone. Your initial post was "Where is there a list of apps for the Imagio?". If you wanted specific apps (other than the golf apps you mentioned and were linked to) like the ones you later mentioned, then you should have said so initially. However, your question was answered. We started getting critical when someone attempted to help you and received a "zip it NOOB" in return. You're right, the purpose of a forum is to help people out. You were directed to a few links and those apparently weren't good enough or what you were looking for in the first place (no one's fault). There is a thread on here (in the IMAGIO forum) regarding apps (for the IMAGIO) and people have discussed them (in the Apps for IMAGIO section of this forum) and we can't put them on your phone for you, so some work is required on your part. The help was given, what else do you want? And since no one else has answered your follow up question, I will: The reason there aren't as many apps for WinMo phones as the others is because Blackberry, Droid and iPhone are more prevalent in the market and have huge marketing departments to make them stay that way. WinMo phones are not as popular in the market as the others. It's the same reason it's hard to find accessories for a Zune but you can't swing a dead cat without hitting an iPod accessory. When's the last time you saw a commercial for a WinMo phone that showed apps specific for WinMo? There, does that help?

Last edited by startover25; 04-06-2010 at 02:58 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio