PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-08-2010, 11:49 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Manila Sense 2.1 / 2.5 *Updated Feb 3, 2010*

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtglo View Post
Hey all,

I wanted to post what I've found/experienced with the new ROM and cabs on the first page after many trials and errors of hard resting etc.,

I flashed to the new ROM - DEFINITE upgrade. For those on the fence like I was... go for it. There is a noticeable improvement of speed and performance. The entire TouchFlo3D UI is smother and has a noticeably faster response.

I than installed Sense Fix 2.5 FIRST, than the Chainfire 3D driver cab.

I went through the original TouchFlo3D settings - mail, location etc., than disabled TouchFlo3D (after flashing, it will show HTC Sense in the today menu)

Soft reset

(I found that by changing my settings location to "ON" and downloading the "QuickGPS" prior to the sense 2.5 cab install, my location is set (Huntington Beach) after upgrading to 2.5...though it won't download any data afterwards...)

I than installed the Sense 2011 cab. At least in my trial and errors - installing these prior (sense fix and Chainfire 3D) this succession seems to have fixed/sped up any problems I had not doing so prior.

After installing the sense 2011 cab, I installed the picture rotate screen fix...whic, BTW, works perfect.

After which, I installed the Zenyee Disable HTC cab...

I than adjusted my registry: HKLM/Software/Microsoft/Inbox/Settings/SMSNoSentMsg = 2 (changed from 1) ... this has fixed the error in sending and receving SMS messages through HTC (at least for me). I really don't use MMS much - so not sure if this helps or not. You'll, of course, need some kind of reg editor to do so.. Total Commander or Resco Explorer in my case.

Soft reset...

(I've found that disabling HTC Sense in the Today screen menu prior to soft resetting.. and than enabling HTC Sense after the reboot works the best/ fastest for me.. not necessary, just my MO.)

I now have the new ROM that I've flashed... Sense 2.5, picture rotate and SMS working....all fast and smooth.

My results since the new ROM flash: MUCH faster home screen w/ full weather wallpaper working without twitching or slow down.

HINT: I've read pressing the task menu in the upper right initiates the weather in the home screen (which works). If you press the end button for about a second or so (not long enough to activate the Quick Screen), it will start the weather animation on the home screen as well. Which, might I add, after the ROM flash, now seems to work smooth and quick, as does the clock.

I no longer need to use Speedbooster for any adjustments/tweaks... everything is working fast and smooth.

My problems: Opera 10 2u works, but completely slows down my Imagio, as does the stock Opera. So I've been using pocket IE for now, works great and when closing, my Imagio is as fast as it was prior to using. My Location, as mentioned in all posts above, does not update.

Thank you Jsmart518, Slumpey326 and Maxtcee (and all others) for your time and efforts with this. Hope my info that I pass along is helpful. =D>
Try Opera Mini V9b2 , it's really fast compared to the others.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio

slumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on repslumpey326 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

anytime..... I always be here posting cabs/comments/tweaks to help everyone out.
Old 02-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
try this cab this will give you full landscape in all tabs but will auto rotate when phone is turned
to turn that off simply go into
HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\ModuleName and delete tf3d
HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList and delete tf3d
soft reset you should be set
then use braindocs method to hard key rotate
That worked, thank you.. Looks like it doesn't play well with music tab with rotation but that can be worked with..

How about a working wallpaper2alltab fix, tried HDWalls and it screwed up wallpapers, but I may have used wrong settings because the setting are unclear of correct version format.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: imagio
Carrier: verizon

jester fate is a n00b

is anyone having audiomanager_eng.exe Issues ?
Old 02-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Incredible ,HTC Imagio

jbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regularjbh00jh is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Any word on a fix for the My Location Weather problem ?
Old 02-08-2010, 01:21 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Wildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuffWildman knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxtcee View Post
try this cab this will give you full landscape in all tabs but will auto rotate when phone is turned
to turn that off simply go into
HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\ModuleName and delete tf3d
HKCU\Software\HTC\HTCSENSOR\GSensor\WhiteList and delete tf3d
soft reset you should be set
then use braindocs method to hard key rotate
Also you can use G-Config instead of changing registry to disable and enable screen rotation because it access these registries.

Thank Again, just figured this can be useful for anyone that that don't know how to edit registry.
Old 02-08-2010, 01:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio, Moto Droid, Palm Pixi Plus
Carrier: VZW

obxKevin is becoming a great contributor

LOL, this is really getting complicated with all these little fixes scattered throughout the thread. I really appreciate everyone's work here, but I hope when its all said and done, there is one single post for old dummies like me to follow step by step without searching 30-some pages hoping not to miss something.

Thanks again everyone, keep up the good work. Wish I could be of more help
Old 02-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Cookin' Project: Teya
Pocket PC: Omnia i910, HTC Imagio, Now Gnex
Carrier: Big Red
Threadstarter

jmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjmart518 is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by obxKevin View Post
LOL, this is really getting complicated with all these little fixes scattered throughout the thread. I really appreciate everyone's work here, but I hope when its all said and done, there is one single post for old dummies like me to follow step by step without searching 30-some pages hoping not to miss something.

Thanks again everyone, keep up the good work. Wish I could be of more help
All the fixes and cabs should be on the first post, I am trying to keep it as up to date as possible. If there is a fix that has not been added, please let me know.

Other: Sense 2.5.2019 in a Cab
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 02-08-2010, 02:21 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
That worked, thank you.. Looks like it doesn't play well with music tab with rotation but that can be worked with..

How about a working wallpaper2alltab fix, tried HDWalls and it screwed up wallpapers, but I may have used wrong settings because the setting are unclear of correct version format.
music tab dont need to be rotate as it auto rotates on its own leave in protrait go to music tab then turn phone
im using one the array clocks that has bg4all included so you might wana check the tp2 theme section theres alot of mods that have that included
Old 02-08-2010, 02:24 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wildman View Post
Also you can use G-Config instead of changing registry to disable and enable screen rotation because it access these registries.

Thank Again, just figured this can be useful for anyone that that don't know how to edit registry.
dont know never used g config im sure it could

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Imagio