PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Whitestone Android It Booted!!! (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=104666)

gilbenl 01-08-2010 08:48 PM

Re: Whitestone Android It Booted!!!

I'm somewhat new to all this, but I have been reading up on all of the android ports to various phones that have been successful. As I understand it, all android ports that I've heard about require the use of Haret, which makes it so android boots "on top" of WM (If I understand things correctly). My question is, will it ever be possible to completely replace WM with Android?
At this point, I am quite happy with WM; not a big fan of 'droid based on the phones I've tried. That being said, I can foresee that by the time WM7 comes along, there is a very real possibility that all of the issues with android will be worked out and it may be a superior M-OS. Any thoughts, folks?

m4f1050 01-09-2010 10:14 PM

This is cool! :) Question: Is this running over WM (is Haret an emulator?) Or WM/Haret is just a jumpstart for it but it loads in phone's actual memory?

If it's just a jumpstart then the HSPL will be awesome, that way we can flash WM plain with NOTHING just HARET to jumpstart Android...

Americanmetal 01-10-2010 12:45 PM

I believe the Vogue already has Android roms

Maybe we will have total androidness one of these days

m4f1050 01-10-2010 01:05 PM

Is there a way to make HaRET run DEFAULT.TXT by itself? In a command line or something? Good way of autorunnning it, installing the simplest and plain WM (5, 6, 6.1 whatever is smallest & available) just to autorun HARET... LOL

slumpey326 01-12-2010 07:48 PM

are you guys just testing this out because this doesnt fully work right?

m4f1050 01-12-2010 08:06 PM

Testing. Only radio I know of working (and by word of mouth, waiting on my Touch by Sprint) is on the Vogue. But I want my Vogue to boot as quickly as possible in WM and then autorun HaRET with DEFAULT.TXT wihtout having to hit "RUN" button...

porfirio 01-16-2010 02:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by drellisdee (Post 1463068)
That is correct delete default.txt and add the startup.txt. I asked some of the guys from xda/htc-linux if we can get whitestone added into the topaz/rhod development tree and they agreed. There is much work to be done GPIO dumps for hardware functionality, etc. this won't be a few weeks project but months to complete probably.

this doesn't work for me :angry7:. i did exactly what you posted. it boots with the TXT file and goes throught it's DOS like thing then it says "[20.780456] Kernel panic - not syncing: attempting to kill init!" then on the next line "[20-799774] Rebooting in 7 seconds.._" first time i ran it, it did reboot back to WM now it just hangs and won't reboot ](*,).

ktraub 01-20-2010 11:22 AM

porfirio,
I get the same lousy results as you.
Kernel panic - not syncing: attempting to kill init!"
then on the next line
"Rebooting in 7 seconds.._"

My android was from the MegaUpload link

I get this same result on 2 different uSD cards, a 2GB SanDisk and an 8GB ADATA.

ds333 01-23-2010 11:57 PM

i get the same error ktraub. maybe its with the new update?

Nicaragüense 01-24-2010 12:03 AM

there is cdma support for the rhodium now so maybe the newer releases will work on the whitestone. There was also a mention on the topaz forum about a certain build causing it not to boot so perhaps many of us that were getting the errors were trying that particular build.