PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Imagio (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=120)
-   -   Conflippers Back (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=100932)

Mahalo 12-15-2009 01:33 PM

Re: Conflippers Back

I think that was a bit verbose, I would have written:

Quote:

Originally Posted by w0rdie (Post 1414986)
You're making yourself look like an ass.

***SNIP***

Go sit in the corner.

heydr 12-15-2009 02:06 PM

You really are making yourself look like an ass.

Its not like conflipper and cmonex dont have anything else going on in their lives.

they can take all the time they want to do YOU the favor of working on this.

funpunx 12-15-2009 03:16 PM

this is totally awesome. i'm going to stand by my original pledge. i may even be willing to kick in something extra knowing that there's 2 ppl working on this.

however, i'm going to wait to see some tangible results first. i don't mean to offend, but i'm not kicking in a donation just because "we're working on it". i'm patient enough to wait and i realize this may take a little longer now that it's holiday season.

happy unlocking guys, can't wait to see the results!

m4f1050 12-15-2009 06:40 PM

And you insulting me because I asked something would make yourself look like a rude ass.

Nicaragüense 12-15-2009 06:57 PM

I dislike all these crybaby posts asking people who are doing something for the community to Hurry. Heydr said it correctly. Let them do their thing. If you want to know because you have to hurry before your 30 days are up maybe you should have done the research before acquiring the device.

On another note it makes me happy to see some traffic in here, I am relatively new to ppcgeeks since i used to hang over at Modaco on the omnia forums or XDA in the development forums. I am quickly gettting to know who the main players in the htc arena are. Thanks Cmonex and Conflipper for your continued efforts.

m4f1050 12-15-2009 07:18 PM

I agree with the "hurry" part, but I was asking how is it unique, a simple answer would have done ok, not trying to indirectly insult me.

30 days are up? You mean you can "test drive" the device for 30 days...that's neat, didn't know that.

HTCexy 12-16-2009 12:09 AM

Sometimes I think about killing myself after I read all these posts.

jayvnet 12-16-2009 08:33 AM

don't do that!

But your right what are some of these guys thinking when they post this stupid stuff? This post should be limited to conflipper and the cmonex girl, they should be the only ones able to post in here. That is if they even come back after reading some of this nonsense.

libbycm 12-16-2009 11:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jayvnet (Post 1417174)
don't do that!

But your right what are some of these guys thinking when they post this stupid stuff? This post should be limited to conflipper and the cmonex girl, they should be the only ones able to post in here. That is if they even come back after reading some of this nonsense.

I agree.. the flaming is childish.

Here is my situation.. my TP broke and I got 3 bad refurbs. VZN said they could ship me a TP2 or I could get a Imagio in store. I chose the Imagio because it looked like a better device for me and because I was impatient, but I did do my research beforehand and knew that the TP2 had an unlocker and the Imagio did not as of yet. I was OK with this, even knowing the possibility that there would never be an unlocker for this phone, because it was a VZN exclusive device, the moto droid currently rules all, and the Imagio community is likely to be small.

Keep in mind, at the end of the day I/anyone can always buy whatever device at retail price your heart desires (maybe even get some bing cashback out of the deal) and ebay/craigslist the Imagio within the next 2 months or so for nearly a %95 ROI.

Also, I refuse to put on a fake front and beg/plead with anyone, cmonex or otherwise, to make an unlocker. They are busy people with real lives/jobs and if there is a vested interest, it shall be done. I respect the work they do, as low level ARM reverse code engineering is quite a feat (working in IT and doing application development myself I can surely realize this) but on the other hand, with the decision by cmonex and crew to start "requiring" "donations" and creating a software activation platform for their "product", they have moved from the realm of "14 year old working on this in my parents basement trying to learn something" giving it away for free, to a "company" of sorts selling a product. A product many are willing to pay for. Being now that bridge has been crossed, perhaps people have somewhat of a right to be demanding, as free is no more, and they are paying for the product. Don't portray me as a a$$, as I did send money cmonex's way to encourage forward momentum, as did many others, but now I do wish to have the "product" delivered ASAP. After all, it is in cmonex's best interest to get it out ASAP, as it only means more money for her.

However, lets not forget that.. it's only a phone!! :-D

Just my 2 cents anyway.. :confused1:

conflipper 12-16-2009 11:10 AM

its all good. I was sick all weekend, and still am feeling a little ill. Cmonex told me last friday, she would send me a test this week. I need to get in contact with her. But she said it looked to be similar to the RhodiumW, so it wouldnt be to heard. the Leo HSPL will be a tricky one. But we are not worried about that one.

I will get in contact with her, and we can go from there with everything.