PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-14-2009, 02:38 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sean1898 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Hero rooting Q&A Pluses and Minuses

Now that the hero is rooted what are the pluses what are the minus.... As an avid rom flasher from win. mobile I am familiar and not afraid of doing such things to ones device. For me it was about customization and the fact that stock sprint roms suck !!! However this device seems near perfect right out of the box so I need some convincing before I invest the time in taking a Linux crash course. Pluses and Minuses please
Old 11-14-2009, 02:41 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ObsoleteE is keeping up the good workObsoleteE is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE
Re: Hero rooting Q&A Pluses and Minuses

The pluses I have found are, getting rid of Sprint bloat ware, internet tethering, screen caps, the ability to store apps on the sd card, and a slightly quicker phone.

No negatives as of yet, but I have only been rooted for 8 hrs or so.
Old 11-14-2009, 03:48 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

I have been rooted for days. If you come from the Winmo side of Rom flashing it has the benefits plus many more. The Android is already packed with so much potential and capability. While Rooting Magnifies that many more this phone becomes your life.
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 11-14-2009, 04:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

princem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularprincem131 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to princem131 Send a message via Yahoo to princem131

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlet1c View Post
I have been rooted for days. If you come from the Winmo side of Rom flashing it has the benefits plus many more. The Android is already packed with so much potential and capability. While Rooting Magnifies that many more this phone becomes your life.
I agree. Right now the biggest thing for me was removing the Sprint blubber lol. The MoDaCo features are nice too. What's exciting is the near future, this is only the beginning and we're already far ahead of what I experienced on WinMo. IMHO out of the box it was better than WinMo
Old 11-14-2009, 10:49 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by princem131 View Post
I agree. Right now the biggest thing for me was removing the Sprint blubber lol. The MoDaCo features are nice too. What's exciting is the near future, this is only the beginning and we're already far ahead of what I experienced on WinMo. IMHO out of the box it was better than WinMo
I second that... in 2 to 3 weeks huge advances have been made to surpass the Winmo. Android is Def the future. If you don't believe it look at every carrier rushing to obtain many.sprint just needs to catch up . that Droid looks sweet

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero