PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2009, 02:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour
Carrier: Sprint

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula
Emailed HTC Regarding Battery Issue and got a reply.

Here's the email I sent to HTC

Technical Support

I already know an answer to my question below which is, "Sorry We cannot comment on it", But I am going to give it a shot anyway. Would someone care to explain why HTC Hero for Sprint was released with such a critical bug with the stock "Messages" Application. After it is used to send a message once, it puts the Hero in constant awake state? I mean come on it cuts the battery life in half along with adding 3-4 hours to charge cycle. How can this slip through? Two major companies like HTC and Sprint releasing such a hot product with software on it that's buggy? Please tell me a hot fix is in the works or is on its way soon. I understand the Android 1.5 is super modified for Sense UI and the radio has been ripped out from 1.6 so why wasn't the donut on it to begin with? and where is Donut firmware upgrade? Regards, Faithful HTC User

And not that I expected an answer or anything but here it goes, they want to talk further but I wonder if it will do any good even if I did as far as our Messages app issue goes.

Here's a reply from HTC

Chirayu,

Thank you for contacting HTC regarding the Hero for Sprint.

I understand how important it is for your device to work properly. HTC has heard of this issue with the SMS application before. We are concerned about your case, and would like to escalate this issue so we may contact you with a resolution. I will provide your information to our escalations team, and a member of the team will contact you shortly to confirm your contact information. They will keep your case open until there is a resolution that they can provide for this issue, and contact you again with that resolution.

We do not have any information regarding when a new firmware upgrade will be released for the device, nor do have specifics as to what process was used to determine how the current firmware was designed.

I look forward to your reply with your contact information, such as mobile number, contact number, current time zone, and best time to be reached. In the mean time you may wish to check out HTCwiki.com to see what other users are doing to circumvent this problem.

HTC Technical Support
Sam
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 10-24-2009, 03:32 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ObsoleteE is keeping up the good workObsoleteE is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to ObsoleteE
Re: Emailed HTC Regarding Battery Issue and got a reply.

Wow, I am impressed how well they are handling our situation. Thank you for sending that email out!
Old 10-24-2009, 03:47 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

I have never had that Critical Issue regarding the Stock Messages keeping my phone in constant awake state.... Hmmm. I'll look into this myself! Thanks!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 10-24-2009, 04:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Tour
Threadstarter

nebula is keeping up the good worknebula is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to nebula Send a message via MSN to nebula Send a message via Yahoo to nebula

Quote:
Originally Posted by heydjbobby74 View Post
I have never had that Critical Issue regarding the Stock Messages keeping my phone in constant awake state.... Hmmm. I'll look into this myself! Thanks!
Sorry, but I don't believe what you just said just like how your friend had 1.6 firmware on her hero already.
All the Sprint Hero devices are affected I haven't seen one person say otherwise.
Old 10-24-2009, 04:51 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebula View Post
Sorry, but I don't believe what you just said just like how your friend had 1.6 firmware on her hero already.
All the Sprint Hero devices are affected I haven't seen one person say otherwise.
I'm with this guy, I agree! This issue is affecting all Sprint HTC Hero's. And I would know, I have that job title
Old 10-24-2009, 05:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO, SAMSUNG GALAXY TAB
Carrier: sprint

highwayman1224 is keeping up the good workhighwayman1224 is keeping up the good work

Hmm, i've had my phone on since 7:30 this morning & it's now 2:00. i've been texting on & off since it was turned on at 7:30 & my awake time is showing 2 hrs & 13 min & i'm at 33%. If this was true, wouldn't my awake time be around 6 1/2 hrs?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero