PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2009, 05:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Cricket

Red_Cheeks is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes

Quote:
Originally Posted by chocmatic View Post
Click on the box where you type...then click menu and then speak
Doesn't work for me... when I press menu I just get options...
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 10-16-2009, 06:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

Askym is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by badchad View Post
Is anyone having issues with POP email?

I have two gmail accounts set up to check via POP. In the settings, they are scheduled to check "Every 15 minutes".

But they don't. If I go into the emails, the sync lists "yesterday". They don't seem to be updating automatically.

why not try the imap setting that way what you do on your cell also gets done if you are using the web based page or outlook? and visa versa. i used to go pop but i have since been using the imap and will never go back to pop.
Old 10-18-2009, 04:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

trentonmac is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartrentonmac is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartrentonmac is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartrentonmac is becoming a PPCGeeks regulartrentonmac is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red_Cheeks View Post
Doesn't work for me... when I press menu I just get options...
If you download Handcent SMS which is a free program it has a good text to speech program and in general is just better to use than the stock sms.
Old 10-18-2009, 10:57 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Rhodium/Leo
Carrier: Sprint/TMOUS

sumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on repsumo911 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz View Post
Don't know if this would be the proper thread to post this in, but here goes:

Does anyone have an issue with the clock widget (the one that shows weather in your current location) showing the wrong time? The phone shows the proper time, the world clock has my home time as correct, however, when I go to update the weather in my current location (currently listed as my hometown, which is correct) it is giving the time 1 hour off. Any solutions to this, or has anyone even seen this?
I had this experience. I think it has something to do with one's particular city not being listed in the location database. The easiest solution would be to add a city near you, and use it as the default city for the clock widget youre interested in.
Old 10-19-2009, 10:51 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

To keep screen from turning off while charging go to Settings --> Applications --> Development --> and choose stay awake. This is a big help for Apps like PDANet when you need the screen to stay on for tethering.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:52 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Additional trick for kb a double space gives you a period and a space. Will keep you from pressing the 12# button like I keep doing!
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 10-21-2009, 10:57 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero

ToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good workToxicToastKatz is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 1.5; en-us; A6277 Build/CUPCAKE) AppleWebKit/528.5+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.2 Mobile Safari/525.20.1)

Additional trick for kb a double space gives you a period and a space. Will keep you from pressing the 12# button like I keep doing!
that is a HUGE find! thanks man!!

BTW, this KB is one of the most amazing features of this phone. I am sometimes not even CLOSE to what i'm typing and it predicts every word correctly.
Old 10-21-2009, 11:03 PM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxicToastKatz
Quote:
Originally Posted by thacounty View Post

that is a HUGE find! thanks man!!

BTW, this KB is one of the most amazing features of this phone. I am sometimes not even CLOSE to what i'm typing and it predicts every word correctly.
Haha glad it helped. I reviewed the kb some in my review, I agree. Im faster with this than a physical kb most of the time! It was even better after a calibration.
Old 10-22-2009, 11:30 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Threadstarter

-Hard reset,

Power phone down

Hold Home and Back keys at same time

Without releasing Home and Back press the end call button (which is the power button) and release the end call button.

You should still be holding home and back and now a screen will come up asking for an action. Press the trackball to reset or back to cancel.

Press trackball then it will ask you to press menu to reset and it will be factory original!
This post has been thanked 5 times.
Old 10-22-2009, 12:06 PM
ott
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

ott is keeping up the good workott is keeping up the good work
Re: !Hero Tips/Tricks/Fixes! Check here for answers!!

Here is a question for everyone, this has happened multiple times now. At times I will receive a text message and I will click on it, the thread is Bob's thread, but the name at the top of the thread is George. When I send a reply, both Bob and George get the message. This is a problem, especially if my g/f is texting me fun stuff and I reply to her and Bob from work saying "TAKE IT OFF!!!" lol... I am using Handcent SMS, but this was happening with/without it loaded. Anyone?

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero