PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2010, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: tp2
Carrier: sprint

iceturkee is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Trading my HTC Touch Pro 2 for a HTC Hero today

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixxxer2008 View Post
the hero is worth more than the tp2. overclocked the hero runs circles around it too.

the tp2 costs more at sprint.com than the hero. it also has better cnet ratings than the hero if that matters to you.
Old 09-17-2010, 03:29 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC INC.
Carrier: VERIZON <--?

spiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularspiritcrusher33 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via Yahoo to spiritcrusher33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aman1127 View Post
I have an evo and a tp2 and my gf has a hero. I have done everything in my power to make the hero faster but it always lags. I've used my brothers g1 with froyo and it is so much faster.

Stick with the tp2 or upgrade to the evo. I'm sure you can score one cheap in the for sale forum without wasting your upgrade

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
It all depends on what rom your running.. my hero is running darchdroid 2.8 oc'd to 768.. and I see no lag.. etc..
Old 09-18-2010, 03:13 AM
Master Kimosabi
Pocket PC: HTC s620<Touch Pro<Touch Pro2<Hero<EVO
Carrier: The 10 years ago Network

aman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on repaman1127 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritcrusher33 View Post
It all depends on what rom your running.. my hero is running darchdroid 2.8 oc'd to 768.. and I see no lag.. etc..
Can it be that I'm using amonrecovery? Maybe I should move to clock mod?

Sent from my fast as hell phone that you can only wish you had
Old 09-18-2010, 11:19 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro
Carrier: Sprint

thugluv711 is a n00b

u still up for that trade???
Old 09-21-2010, 05:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS
Threadstarter

augozageek is becoming a great contributor

Thanks everyone for your help. I actually did trade over a couple weeks ago. I had my tp2 for almost a year, and compared to the hero, the tp2 lacks...in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like Windows mobile, but that device just seemed like it was to weak to run Windows mobile 6/6.5. And yes, I tried tooons of custom roms, my favs were Mr. X and formulas SPB Mobile Sense. Windows mobile also lacked in the fun factor. Android apps are great.

That being said, this phone is much faster than the tp2 also. And I don't even have a custom rom on this hero yet. As soon as I get the net on my pc I will definitely be putting one on. There are some things I miss about WM. For instance, internet browsing is better. For example, ppcgeeks.com on the native tp2 browser was great-especially with skyfire. File exploring was better in my opinion, skyfire is better(so far) and the MMS capabilities(for what I've seen so far). Still Android is much better and I look forward to getting an even faster Android phone. I appreciate all your input and have thanked the appropriate responses!

Btw, the Alchemy app is outstanding. I recommend it.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:52 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO/Supersonic 4G. Rom: MIUI 1.4.8, SavZenCFS
Threadstarter

augozageek is becoming a great contributor

Thanks everyone for your help. I actually did trade over a couple weeks ago. I had my tp2 for almost a year, and compared to the hero, the tp2 lacks...in my opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like Windows mobile, but that device just seemed like it was to weak to run Windows mobile 6/6.5. And yes, I tried tooons of custom roms, my favs were Mr. X and formulas SPB Mobile Sense. Windows mobile also lacked in the fun factor. Android apps are great.

That being said, this phone is much faster than the tp2 also. And I don't even have a custom rom on this hero yet. As soon as I get the net on my pc I will definitely be putting one on. There are some things I miss about WM. For instance, internet browsing is better. For example, ppcgeeks.com on the native tp2 browser was great-especially with skyfire. File exploring was better in my opinion, skyfire is better(so far) and the MMS capabilities(for what I've seen so far). Still Android is much better and I look forward to getting an even faster Android phone. I appreciate all your input and have thanked the appropriate responses!

Btw, the Alchemy app is outstanding. I recommend it.
Old 03-17-2011, 08:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

TyGeR_STD is a n00b

Hi, i took my tp2 in with having alot of droped calls. They told me it was an antinna problem an would order me a new one. It came in broken, after getting 5 more broken tp2s tthey offered to swap it for a hero. After being screwed on having to change from my old cropret plan to a newer one, i come to realize how much i hate not having a keyboard. Im really disapointed with android so far. The only good thing i find that i like about the hero so far it i get a $50 trade in credit for the hero when i only got $25 for the tp2. maybe if i get an epic with a keyboard it mjght be better. I really liked my tp2 i used it with the stock rom an dissbled the sence overlay. I have an upgrade avaible, just waiting to see if something new is coming.
Old 03-24-2011, 12:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: T7380
Carrier: sprint

laegion is a n00b

I just traded from a TP2 to a hero, even though the processors are the same speed and the memory is the same, Android is faster than WM and better at managing memory. I like android much better but I also rooted the phone and installed a barebones version of froyo within hours of having the phone. It works great and unfortunately WM is a dead operating system.
Old 03-25-2011, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: palm treo 800w, htc mogul

abuali786 is a n00b
Thumbs up Re: Trading my HTC Touch Pro 2 for a HTC Hero today

I just made the same switch. The hardest thing to get used to is the on-screen keyboard. TP2 had one of the best hardware keyboards imo. But the Hero is ultimately more suited for most users. Within a day I had mine rooted, installed a custom rom and overclocked it to 786 MHz. I don't regret the switch. WinMo 6.5 is just old news. Developers gave up on it long ago.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero