PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2010, 05:39 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

lilnelly is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Hero for Cricket Wireless

I was with Sprint and I recently ported my number over to Cricket Wireless. I had/ have an HTC Hero and would like it to work with Cricket. What steps do I take to make that happen? I still have my contract with sprint didnt cancel yet. PLEASE HELP I LOVE MY PHONE DONT WANNA LOSE IT
Old 04-22-2010, 11:47 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart
Re: HTC Hero for Cricket Wireless

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnelly View Post
I was with Sprint and I recently ported my number over to Cricket Wireless. I had/ have an HTC Hero and would like it to work with Cricket. What steps do I take to make that happen? I still have my contract with sprint didnt cancel yet. PLEASE HELP I LOVE MY PHONE DONT WANNA LOSE IT
The port should've automatically canceled your contract, but that is beside the point. Honestly, i've not heard of the Hero being put on Cricket, so i'm not entirely sure of its possibility.

Sponsored by Kools.
Old 04-23-2010, 07:08 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC Hero (Flashed to cricket)
Carrier: cricKet

whitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on repwhitey10tc is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Hero for Cricket Wireless

It's very possible, there are tutorials on cdmagurus.com and howardforums.com among others on howto flash this to cricket.

Take your time read through them posts and ask questions in the forums. Then once you think you can do it give it a try. The hard part on the Hero is working around crickets proxy. But talk and text are simply changing the SPC to six 0's using CDMA WS 2.7 then update the PRL using WS or QPST change the ESN on the account *2 to update and you have talk and text.
For Web, GPS, market, apps, mms. That's when the hard part comes in.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Tags
cricket, htc hero, sprint, unlock