PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2010, 10:45 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

DirtyD24 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: using internet while on the phone

sorry...little drunk...spelling errors
Old 01-05-2010, 11:03 PM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo
Carrier: Sprint

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Yeah CDMA radios are not capable of simultaneous transmission and reception of EVDO and 1x. Sorry. No Sprint phone ever has, probably no Sprint phone ever will. Same with Verizon. This is a "Feature" of GSM.

Sponsored by Kools.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-05-2010, 11:15 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: HTC EVOlution!

heydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on repheydjbobby74 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via MSN to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Yahoo to heydjbobby74 Send a message via Skype™ to heydjbobby74

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo3111 View Post
mine works perfectly while on the phone
i usually have to look up stuff
use dolphinbrowser or steel dat shoudl help perfectly

So how can diablo get on the net whilest talking on the phone, but no one else in the ENTIRE universe of Sprint can? Not even Sprint's CEO can do it, and he's on TV!!!

http://www.heydjbobby.com/
Audiovox 6700> Samsung i760> HTC Touch Pro> HTC Touch Pro2> HTC HeRooted> HTC EVOlutionized!
Old 01-06-2010, 12:00 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

alvarez1980 is a n00b
Wink Re: using internet while on the phone

Everyone thanks for your input i really was hoping. It was possible cause i always need my map and looking things up at differnet times .... But i guess i will have to do with out that feature u just thought that's the hero was capable of doing that again thanks everyone
Old 01-06-2010, 12:33 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Come to think of it my bb was on the nextel side thenhat was back in and that was in 2006
Thank a Fellow Geeker If you have been helped by hitting the button below
Old 01-06-2010, 01:35 AM
Officer Android
Pocket PC: HTC Hero, T-Mobile G1, Diamond, HTC Evo

bradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIPbradart is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to bradart Send a message via MSN to bradart Send a message via Skype™ to bradart

Quote:
Originally Posted by athlet1c View Post
Come to think of it my bb was on the nextel side thenhat was back in and that was in 2006
iDen is outside the range of my knowledge, mostly because it sucks. It is entirely possible that iDen was capable of this, or you may have been using CDMA for voice and iDen for data (or the inverse of that) because most sprint/nextel blackberries are dual mode.
Old 01-06-2010, 01:37 AM
Kind of a BIG Deal
Pocket PC: HTC EVO
Carrier: SPRINT

athlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuffathlet1c knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to athlet1c Send a message via Yahoo to athlet1c Send a message via Skype™ to athlet1c

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradart View Post
iDen is outside the range of my knowledge, mostly because it sucks. It is entirely possible that iDen was capable of this, or you may have been using CDMA for voice and iDen for data (or the inverse of that) because most sprint/nextel blackberries are dual mode.
You are probaly right . this was the time Sprint was experimental with there dual phones. BB7100 which they just retired last year
Old 01-06-2010, 09:59 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Diamond, Palm Pre, iPhone
Carrier: Sprint & AT&T

Csquare is just getting started

Lilbitz is right! This is a limitation of CDMA. GSM does not have this limitation. Now, with the adoption of WiMax or LTE, this would be possible. More so with LTE as this would allow both to be done using the network and not WiFI.
Old 01-06-2010, 02:22 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC HERO

diablo3111 is a n00b

lol ive never rly needed to use it tho haah
Old 01-06-2010, 02:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: LG v10
Carrier: T-mobile

clockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on repclockcycle is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by alvarez1980 View Post
I know other providers let you use internet whileyour on the phone but Sprint has this blocked is there a way to get hero to do this . Thanks for help everyone on pox very helpfull
Humm, sorry I don't know where you got that info from. But as far as I know Sprint doesn't "block" voice + data capabilities.

Also, there is only one carrier's network infrastructure that is capable of voice+data (high speed) and that's AT&T.

The only way you can possibly get both simultaneous voice+data (high speed) is if you have a Google Voice account and use it instead of your Sprint number/service, as it is essentially VOIP through your data connection.

I.E. Voice/SMS travels over the 1X portion of the service, on the other hand, data (high speed) is over EVDO. You do, and can get "data", albeit slow over 1X.

Hope that helps,

-CC

Last edited by clockcycle; 01-06-2010 at 02:39 PM.

PPCGeeks > Android > Android HTC Devices > Legacy HTC Android Devices > HTC Hero

Tags
internet