PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC HD7

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-21-2010, 10:11 AM
boe
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch
Carrier: Sprint

boe is keeping up the good workboe is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Battery life for anyone use Exchange sync and BT at all times?

Hello,

I got a chance to try out the Focus and it really seems great, I haven't had a chance to try the HD7 yet. I leave my phone on with BT at all times so I can just press my headset and use it. I realize this puts drain on the battery but I was curious if anyone here uses their Focus with both exchange sync always running and BT always on.

If you do could you tell me how long the battery lasts for you and how much time you spend on the phone on average each day?

I typically use about an hour or so of talk time each day and on my very old phone which could use a new battery it lasts about half a day. I don't really surf the web and don't play any games on my phone. But I do have BT always on and have activesync running with my exchange server. I'm very interested in the HD7 or the Omnia 7 when (if) they make a CDMA version.

Thanks
Old 11-29-2010, 12:59 AM
Dallas Mavericks #1 Fan!!
Pocket PC: HTC ThunderBolt
Carrier: Verizon

nrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIPnrfitchett4 is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Battery life for anyone use Exchange sync and BT at all times?

don't use exchange, but I'm on my phone all day playing with things and it does ok. I can make it about 8 hours with 2-3 hours at least of screen on the whole time either using the internet, watching video etc. BT doesn't seem to effect battery life, I leave mine on all the time as well.

Old 12-05-2010, 10:42 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

gaguilar08sti is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Re: Battery life for anyone use Exchange sync and BT at all times?

Not sure what BT is but I have my Exchange set to sync every hour and when I go into each mail account. With decent amount of usage throughout the day (checking apps, email, a few calls, about 1.5 hours of zune usage) I end up with just under half the battery left at end of day.

I have the HD7. So far so good.

PPCGeeks > Windows Phone 7 > WP7 HTC Devices > HTC HD7

Tags
activesync, battery life, bluetooth