PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-02-2009, 11:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Samsung epic + Samsung galaxy Tab
Carrier: sprint

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Coming to the United States?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve St.Laurent View Post
According to HTC's website the HD2 is already available as a CDMA phone: http://www.htc.com/www/product/hd2/specification.html

Network Bands2

Europe:
  • HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
Asia Pacific:
  • HSPA/WCDMA: 900/2100 MHz
  • GSM: 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
WCDMA isnt US based CDMA... but htc has said all sprint has to do is ask to have this phone.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Imagio
Carrier: Verizon

Steve St.Laurent is becoming a great contributor

I was just comparing it's specs with other phones that are available on CDMA networks (Verizon) here and noticed the same HSPA/WCDMA spec on them - ie Touch Diamond, Touch Pro II. Seems like if they made those in a US CDMA version that it wouldn't be a stretch to think they'll do the same with the HD2 - I sure hope so because I want this phone to replace my Touch on Verizon.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:32 AM
VIP Member

ajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuffajac knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve St.Laurent View Post
I was just comparing it's specs with other phones that are available on CDMA networks (Verizon) here and noticed the same HSPA/WCDMA spec on them - ie Touch Diamond, Touch Pro II. Seems like if they made those in a US CDMA version that it wouldn't be a stretch to think they'll do the same with the HD2 - I sure hope so because I want this phone to replace my Touch on Verizon.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCDMA

if anyone is wondering but I an see a sprint HTC hd2 coming sooner then we all think.. and I think I've said to much but hopefully some proof of what I say comes out soon leaks lately with sprint are like impossible they are watching their employees like hawks to bad to.. I miss being excited about things.
Old 12-03-2009, 03:36 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiekain View Post
Anybody know when or if this beauty is coming to America? I'm currently out of my contract with sprint and will switch to any carrier that gets the htc hd2... I dont care if it costs $1000 I gotta have it just so I shove it down the throat of those iphone users at my job! (yes I am willing to buy a phone out of spite)
The TP2 won't show up your iPhone buddy? I tease my iPhone friends all the time...

But I hope Verizon will have an HD2 world phone. Oh baby, I can't wait!!
Old 12-03-2009, 10:28 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch, Touch Diamond, Touch Pro2(Wife) HD2(Me)
Carrier: Sprint... Now on to T-Mobile

wmphoto is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WCDMA

if anyone is wondering but I an see a sprint HTC hd2 coming sooner then we all think.. and I think I've said to much but hopefully some proof of what I say comes out soon leaks lately with sprint are like impossible they are watching their employees like hawks to bad to.. I miss being excited about things.
I hope your right...
I'm out of contract too and although I like anticipation... I'm getting to the end of liking it....
Lets go sprint... I'm switching if you don't come out with something good... soon...

It's WMPhoto for short...
For long it's www.waltmiddletonphoto.com
take a look and enjoy...
Walt
Old 12-03-2009, 10:37 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmphoto View Post
I hope your right...
I'm out of contract too and although I like anticipation... I'm getting to the end of liking it....
Lets go sprint... I'm switching if you don't come out with something good... soon...
me 2 hopefully sprint doesn't disappoint.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:40 PM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajac View Post
me 2 hopefully sprint doesn't disappoint.
+1 im switching carriers if sprint doesnt come thru
Old 12-03-2009, 08:58 PM
WHERES THE BOTTLES!!
Pocket PC: hTC hD2
Carrier: tMOBILE

maxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributionsmaxtcee should be added to the payroll for their contributions

i would be in there best interiest to give it to verizon seeming they have the most subscribers and would sell the most phones i think giving it to tmobile is a waist
Old 12-03-2009, 10:13 PM
Linux Administrator
Pocket PC: HTC Evo -- Rooted
Carrier: Sprint SERO Premium

BooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuffBooDaddy knows their stuff

I dont think I would jump ship if Sprint doesnt get it. I love my SERO way to much to just give up for a phone. Its really not up to HTC who gets it and who doesn't.
If the carriers dont ask HTC for it, theres not much HTC can do

Yup, Thats the actual speeds I get from my 1U production server
If my posts have been helpful in any way, please click the "Thanks" button --------------------------------> ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
Old 12-04-2009, 10:12 AM
Awesomenss :)
Pocket PC: Google Hammerhead
Carrier: T-Mobile

orangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the communityorangekid is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to orangekid Send a message via MSN to orangekid Send a message via Yahoo to orangekid

Quote:
Originally Posted by BooDaddy View Post
I dont think I would jump ship if Sprint doesnt get it. I love my SERO way to much to just give up for a phone. Its really not up to HTC who gets it and who doesn't.
If the carriers dont ask HTC for it, theres not much HTC can do
yeah but SERO just isn't worth having to only have a diamond pro, or pro2, I don't want a keyboard on my phone, and I don't want a 2.8" screen.

It may not be HTC's fault, it surely is Sprint's for not getting any decent WM phones when ATT and Verizon have diamond2 a pro 2 and a whole slew of other phones announced...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC HD2

Tags
america, hd2, htc, united states